Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 07:05   #3871
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Thanks guys. Appreciate your inputs. I may not be able to get another test drive since arranging one in Delhi is a herculean task. The TD I took was in Pune where I am currently, visiting family. Therefor, I will trust the collective wisdom of the forum.

Question for NCR folks - which is the best dealer in and around Delhi? Any references, please PM.
Have you tried a quote from Noida Ford?
When I purchased the 3.2 Endeavour, I also was unable to find any discount, however, Noida Ford gave me 50k discount on Insurance.

Give it a try if they can still do this for you.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 07:32   #3872
BHPian

Received a picture for an Endeavour that just got delivered to a customer from a Sales guy. I notice bit of an oddity at the rear. Did Ford intentionally provide this odd looking light colored patch above the tail lights?

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190519-1.09.10-pm.jpeg

The website configurator on the other hand has it in black, which looks perfect in my opinion.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot-20190520-7.26.06-am.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Or it is a peel-away wrap since that is a glossy trim?
Could be. I hope it is a peel away patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Have you tried a quote from Noida Ford?
Will give this a shot today.

Last edited by rovingeye : 20th May 2019 at 07:43.
Old 20th May 2019, 07:37   #3873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did Ford intentionally provide this odd looking light colored patch above the tail lights?
Or it is a peel-away wrap since that is a glossy trim?
Old 20th May 2019, 08:17   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
I hope it is a peel away patch.
Don't worry sir, it is.

Also, shop around and push for a discount on ex-showroom price itself. 50k on insurance is basically just outside rate for insurance.

That said, it is easy to get Ford preferred insurance inline with online insurance rates.
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 08:51   #3875
BANNED

Quote:
What a bunch of crock. Do these tricks still work?
It need not be a trick, there is indeed high demand for the facelift model and there is a waiting period as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunov11 View Post
Surprisingly we got the car in about 10 days of booking, including registration initiation, weekends and other processes.
There you go, happens a lot of times, across brands and vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I was in the market for a capable SUV with reliability and a peaceful ownership. I have my decision made.
Ah, so out goes the Storme V 400?
What is coming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you are oK with the colour, best will be to go to the showroom, sit with their marketing head and finalise the deal.
Well put, I would have done the same, meet their GM Sales, sign the cheque and you should be set.

Quote:
I hope it is a peel away patch.
It is a trim protector used during transit and peeled off before/at the time of delivery, but just like some customers keep the plastic covers on the seats on till eternity.....
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 09:24   #3876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Ah, so out goes the Storme V 400?
What is coming?

I think you haven't seen my analysis in the what car section.

The endeavour was a bit uncomfortable in the first TD itself. And neither of the dealers were interested in giving TD for round 2. So it will be the fortuner indeed. And an innova thrown in for measure as well.

Sad that in today's time when sales have evolved from being a selling process to a hospitality industry, some dealers and companies still prefer the archaic ways. That too in tough times as these.

Oh and on the demand supply gap, it's an artificial demand created by throttling the supply as the numbers are just not there.
Old 20th May 2019, 10:07   #3877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you haven't seen my analysis in the what car section.

The endeavour was a bit uncomfortable in the first TD itself. And neither of the dealers were interested in giving TD for round 2. So it will be the fortuner indeed. And an innova thrown in for measure as well.

Sad that in today's time when sales have evolved from being a selling process to a hospitality industry, some dealers and companies still prefer the archaic ways. That too in tough times as these.

Oh and on the demand supply gap, it's an artificial demand created by throttling the supply as the numbers are just not there.
If you find Endeavour uncomfortable, Fortuner is going to be worse. The area where Fortuner scores is w.r.to off road capability,resale, brand and better service network. Also if you need manual 4x4 it has to be Fortuner.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 11:42   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you find Endeavour uncomfortable, Fortuner is going to be worse. The area where Fortuner scores is w.r.to off road capability,resale, brand and better service network. Also if you need manual 4x4 it has to be Fortuner.

I have extensively TD'd the fortuner. Interestingly found it comfortable for the kind of driving style and cycle I have. And when I took a long TD of the Endeavour found in unsettled. I have posted my reviews in the what car section. So would be plonking the large amount with decent thought process to back it up.
Old 22nd May 2019, 07:48   #3879
BHPian

Yesterday, I had 4th service at 30k KMs at Noida Ford. Usually, I stay with the car throughout the service and washing process. But recently I had back injury in Gym, due to which I was not able to stay with the car for long and had to wait in Customer Waiting Area.

Honestly, this is very first time I felt that it was totally waste of money. It was like road side service person work.

They didn't checked for Software Update, no test drive after the service.
I had Loose Bumper issue, no fix for that.
Windshield Cleaning Fluid was added and charged without my consent.
Total bill was higher than the Ford Service Promise.

And cleaning, oh boy, you can see the water spots everywhere on the car and windshield and side glasses. You can see the dust everywhere in the car even after cleaning. I felt so disappointed that I didnt even wanted to comment on this to SA. I was like "What will happen when the service will be under 'the other company'?"

Anyways, after billing when it comes to feedback, I gave the ratings accordingly, and they said, "ye toh baht kam ho jayega sir". I said: Have you seen the car? Are all the issues fixed? If so, I will change the rating.

And .... complete silence.
Like he acknowledged that the issues were left and he is aware of those issue.
GKG4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:25   #3880
BHPian

Hey guys - I've booked me a black Endeavour yesterday. It's May manufactured (stock tyres April made) and just landed in Delhi. I'm still in a daze and the feeling has not sunk in yet. Will take delivery over the weekend. Unfortunately, family is out on summer break, so will have to do the honours alone, which sucks to be frank.

Questions about essential accessories -
1. Dashcam - need one that has the best parking mode. I actually live in a society where cars tend to get vandalized and have had acid thrown at them in the past. (There's a separate thread on that somewhere.) I think a capacitive one will work best for my needs. But I also want to tread with caution since this car has a battery draining out issue reported from lots of people. Suggestions please - both on model and on some guy who can fix it.

2. Ceramic coating - I think I'll bite the bullet and get this done. Suggestions about who does this best in NCR and likely costs will help.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:39   #3881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys - I've booked me a black Endeavour yesterday.
1. Dashcam - need one that has the best parking mode. I think a capacitive one will work best for my needs. But I also want to tread with caution since this car has a battery draining out issue.

2. Ceramic coating - I think I'll bite the bullet and get this done.
Congratulations! Black one looks nice. If you are worried about the parking and otherwise swirl marks on black, get 3M venture shield instead of ceramic. It can help you from envious neighbours as well.

Regarding camera, if you are ok in spending 50 K, there is a new model from BMW which has about 12 hour parking mode. Do consider.

This sort of red light - it works with brakes also looks nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2e62e224fcb04e549ce720d9cb54d2bc.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:23   #3882
BANNED

Quote:
And when I took a long TD of the Endeavour found in unsettled.
A bad TD vehicle or significantly overinflated tires, no other reason. Owners & the media have established that the Endeavour rides way better than the Fortuner, on multiple platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
Like he acknowledged that the issues were left and he is aware of those issue.
Very unlike Ford service. DO NOT give them good feedback and be very blunt when the central Customer Care calls for feedback.
They will follow up and fix the issues to YOUR satisfaction.

Quote:
1. Dashcam - Suggestions please - both on model and on some guy who can fix it.
Congratulations and welcome to be tribe...!!!
I have the Viofo A119 and it has a parking mode, though I dont use it. It is said to be good, installation is a piece of cake, any good accessories store can do it in 15 mins.
Quote:
2. Ceramic coating - Suggestions about who does this best in NCR and likely costs will help.
There are multiple options in the NCR. Which area do you live at? It costs anywhere between 25k - 60k depending on the brand, warranty and of course, your negotiation skills.
n.devdath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:33   #3883
BHPian

Quote:
1. Dashcam - need one that has the best parking mode. I actually live in a society where cars tend to get vandalized and have had acid thrown at them in the past. (There's a separate thread on that somewhere.) I think a capacitive one will work best for my needs. But I also want to tread with caution since this car has a battery draining out issue reported from lots of people. Suggestions please - both on model and on some guy who can fix it.
I am using ddpai mini2p WiFi Dash cam purchased from AliExpress with Samsung 128GB memory card purchased separately from Amazon India. Parking mode works like a charm, with very less impact on battery. Also, there is auto sleep function, which I am using and set to 15 minutes. If anyone touches the car, Cam start within a second. Installation was so easy that I did it myself, connected directly to fuse box under dashboard at driver side.

Quote:
2. Ceramic coating - I think I'll bite the bullet and get this done. Suggestions about who does this best in NCR and likely costs will help.
About this also, I purchased Liquid Glass Nano Tech from AliExpress and applied it myself, yes I know but its my love towards car, took me around an hour and worked like charm for over a year. Its 230ml kit and It seems that I can apply it twice more.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:38   #3884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
A bad TD vehicle or significantly overinflated tires, no other reason. Owners & the media have established that the Endeavour rides way better than the Fortuner, on multiple platforms.

Can be but it has also been extablished by our own TBHP review that the soft suspension has made it unsettled on higher speeds. It does not give the kind of confidence inspiring ride i expected at speeds of even 80-100 which taking a curving flyover with joints unsettling it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4570881 (Ford Endeavour facelift launch in early 2019. EDIT: Spotted in India)

It does ride softer no doubt. Something which is very close to the Storme. But the slightly higher speed ride confidence is just not there.
Lets just leave out how the media works.
I test drove both vehicles.
I wanted to buy the Endeavour because I love the way it looks. Butch goes for us punjabis and we are all suckers for sun roofs. I love the sheer amount of features it offers.
But I love my driving above all else. I found that the fortuner in the first TD itself was more confidence inspiring.
The rest of the TDs gave me further boost in my decision despite the famous jarring slow speed ride which I have duly acknowledged in my TD. The dealership experience with ford was another aspect which made we simply walk away.
Dealership behavior plays a very important role in ownership of a vehicle. I hope you too would agree to that.

I have acknowledged my disappointment too in being unable to buy such a good looking and feature laden SUV because of firstly its driving dynamics and secondly its dealership experience.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:43   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys - I've booked me a black Endeavour yesterday. It's May manufactured (stock tyres April made) and just landed in Delhi. I'm still in a daze and the feeling has not sunk in yet. Will take delivery over the weekend. Unfortunately, family is out on summer break, so will have to do the honours alone, which sucks to be frank.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
Congratulations. I love the endeavor. Wish you lots of happy mile crunching with the car.

For the dashcam I recommend Aukey - https://www.amazon.in/Wide-Angle-Das...r=8-1-fkmrnull

It is a capacitor based model, has motion sensors and can remain connected to the accessory port without causing any battery discharge. I've been using it for 1.5 years on the civic and figo and it works flawlessly. I got the gps plug in antenna also. You can view the footage here -

For the ceramic coating, I'd recommend Jaspreet from Dazzle, I've seen his work and its the best, plus he personally works on the cars. - https://www.facebook.com/Dazzleshowcars/
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks