Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 00:31   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
BR-V is a good car, but I don't know what Honda was aiming at. They should have brought in HR-V to Rival the Duster/Creta while the BR-V should have replaced the Mobilio and compete with Ertiga. This would have made BR-V more popular due to its SUV looks & space advantage over Ertiga. But Honda thinked other way.
Yes. They should have launched HRV. I would go further and say that and there was no need of BR-V. Instead they should have upgraded interiors of Mobilio to the present BR-V standard. Even today whenever I see mobolio on road, I feel that Honda has lost a great opportunity. In order to differentiate BRV from mobilio they have killed mobilio and and created a product which is neither here nor there.

Last edited by rutvij : 14th November 2016 at 00:34.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:26   #632
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I think the problem lies with people comparing it with the Creta/S-Cross/Duster,Crysta etc etc. These are all Diesel 5 seater vehicles ( except Crysta)
Leaving aside whether it is a SUV, UV, MUV, Sedan, Hatchback, Crossover or a mixture of 2 or more, try to compare it with any other 6/7 seater petrol automatic vehicle and post your feedback.
When I do that, I don't mind paying the 15 Lakhs OTR asking price. I would have paid 18 Lakhs too. If people are willing to pay 25 Lakhs OTR for a Crysta V Auto, there will surely be people willing to pay 15 Lakhs for the BRV.
Price correction or appreciation is Honda's lookout. Why bother
There will always be some individual buyers willing to pay that price. My comment was in terms of what is required to make BRV a sales success. You would have seen the festival season numbers by now. The falling sales of BRV clearly bring out the relevance of my view at launch time.

Now, the problem is that when you do an emergency intervention to correct a mistake, you have to overcompensate a little. The cash crackdown had made it worse for all premium priced cars anyway. Honda needs to get BRV CVT down below 10L OTR in most markets for sales numbers to start picking up. And see if they can launch a diesel automatic for under 11L.

Please don't try to do any more cost cutting on the cars, as these are already very, very basic for the price and missing important features. Look at that music system console. Or that such a long car with poor rear visibility does not come with a reversing sensors and camera. Honda needs to improve here, and also migrate some current VX features to the V, like the front heat absorbing windshield.

Last edited by guptad42 : 14th November 2016 at 11:27. Reason: a small error
Old 28th November 2016, 16:30   #633

hi Team,

Happy afternoon ! As mentioned earlier in my posts i was saving....waiting for the BRV V, Manual. I even had thought of waiting till 2017 and buying a 2016 version.

However I came across a very good offer and decided to go in for a second hand Mobilio, V(O), petrol, Oct 2015, 10.5K KM for 8.7L (All inclusive). The car is very well accesorised too.

The Team-bhp second hand car buying guidelines were a great help.

The BRV rates were hiked by the dealer here and a new BRV, V , petrol would have cost me close to 13.75L.

I am not a massive user of the car and this car has been intended only for long drives outside of city. Hence it made sense to me to save upto 5L on a new BRV (3.5L if a new Mobilio was an option). I bought a combo 3M annual car care package covering both my cars (Estillo and Mobilio). It was worth the investment. They have a solid quality background. Got all the 3M reviews from Team-bhp website as well.

I agree with most of the opinions here on the pricing strategy (or lack of it) of Honda.

Honestly after driving around for the last couple of days I think I will miss BRV but not that much
Mind you I will be hovering around this forum always though.

Moderator - Please allow this message if possible because it may only sound like a personal update !

Cheers,
TheCapri
thecapri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 22:54   #634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapri View Post
However I came across a very good offer and decided to go in for a second hand Mobilio, V(O), petrol, Oct 2015, 10.5K KM for 8.7L (All inclusive). The car is very well accesorised too.
That was quite a smart thing to do! What are the features of Mobilio V(O) variant? Is there a significant difference in the seat height/sitting position between Mobilio and BRV? Is the steering setup and gear ratios similar?
Old 29th November 2016, 11:36   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
That was quite a smart thing to do! What are the features of Mobilio V(O) variant? Is there a significant difference in the seat height/sitting position between Mobilio and BRV? Is the steering setup and gear ratios similar?
Thanks SmartCat. My experience with the BRV is limited to the 2 test drives I had at the dealership.

- Ride Experience - I don’t think there is any major difference. The Safety/Torque/Power/Ride Quality is the same.
- # of gears is 5 for Mobilio. I believe it is 6 for the BRV.

Other than that the BRV of course has the following features (mainly cosmetic) which Mobilio does not have
- Roof Rails (My car is already fitted with the carrier hence I am not missing it)
- Automatic climate control
- Slightly large dimensions (all within 5%)
- Better ground clearance ( R16 v/s R15 tires). I am not an off-roader.
- Automatic ORVMs ( I can live with that )
- Keyless Start ( Yes I miss that :( )
- Electronic Dashboard is feature rich in BRV
- Maybe a few more. The fact that I can’t remember means I am not missing them !

On a lighter note I definitely miss the new car smell in my car. I will get it fixed by doing a thorough cleanup at 3M. Having said that I must give it to the original owner. He (his chauffeur) took really good care of the car.

Cannot share the pics as this is a BRV forum.

Cheers,
TheCapri
thecapri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:54   #636
Team-BHP Support

Honda managed to sell 416 units of BRV in November
https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=387

Some pretty alloys on BRV -

Honda BR-V : Official Review-photo1.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-photo2.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img20161201wa0054.jpg

Second pic -> Rs. 25,000 for 4 alloys

Last edited by SmartCat : 2nd December 2016 at 14:55.
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:02   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Honda managed to sell 416 units of BRV in November
So BR-V join the ranks of Brio and Mobilio as duds in the Honda stable. BR-V seem to have out-rightly rejected by the masses from day one of its launch.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 16:26   #638
BHPian

Another 50% drop

Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg
vikash49 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:39   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
So BR-V join the ranks of Brio and Mobilio as duds in the Honda stable. BR-V seem to have out-rightly rejected by the masses from day one of its launch.
The owners are called "Stud with a Dud".
What I feel is that the HRV, WRV and all other xRV's are going to meet the same fate. There is just no market for Honda's anymore.
They seriously need to 'up' their Advertising and Marketing reachability, to see their cash registers ringing.
And ofcourse do a major rejig on their product pricing, else the City, Jazz and upcoming Civic, will too become 'duds'.
Had the BRV been priced at OTR 12 Lakhs ( instead of 15 odd lakhs for the BRV CVT), it would have attracted more buyers in my opinion.
riteshritesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 06:36   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What you won't:

• Limited cabin width. Middle row good for 2 adults, not 3
• Low 3rd-row seat is best for kids or occasional usage only
Yesterday we had a look at BRV & found it can easily & comfortably accommodate 3 adults (medium built of 5.5" to 5.8" with average weight of 65 Kg) in middle row. While Honda markets last row for just 2 adults, 3 medium sized adults (say 5.5" to 5.7" with average of 65 Kg) can be accommodated with little discomfort...not difficult. This will be OK to cover some distance of 150-200 odd Km round trip, but certainly not fun enough to carry out long interstate journeys spanning over days.

So just a suggestion here when doing the reviews...
Please quote the weight/height of the adults OR best...post pictures of 3 adults seated on middle or last row which will leave very neutral review to the reader to draw their own conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Well said & BTW your posts here are super practical, unbiased & to the point

Quote:
Had the BRV been priced at OTR 12 Lakhs ( instead of 15 odd lakhs for the BRV CVT), it would have attracted more buyers in my opinion.
17 damn lakhs is what they're claiming for top end Diesel & 15L for Petrol!! No cruise control & lots of small nitty gritty features missing. Build quality is slightly better than Suzuki which cannot demand for so hefty price.

Last edited by aargee : 9th December 2016 at 06:42.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 07:19   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The owners are called "Stud with a Dud".
What I feel is that the HRV, WRV and all other xRV's are going to meet the same fate. There is just no market for Honda's anymore.
They seriously need to 'up' their Advertising and Marketing reachability, to see their cash registers ringing.
And ofcourse do a major rejig on their product pricing, else the City, Jazz and upcoming Civic, will too become 'duds'.
They need to have better products that we have come to expect of them. Not tin cans, lacklustre engines and half-hearted attempts.
Old 9th December 2016, 14:28   #642
BHPian

Quote:
+1. I would have picked up the BRV CVT at that price. At 15L OTR, it made me stretch a bit and get the Crysta AT. The product is decent and it did cater to certain segment, but Honda killed it with the price.
samabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 14:34   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
The product is decent and it did cater to certain segment, but Honda killed it with the price.
Honda has these
Quote:
product is decent
& does this
Quote:
killed it with the price
with each and every car they launch.

Slowly the numbers are reducing. The buyers have become smart enough not to buy those cars just because of the Brand.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 14:46   #644
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Yesterday we had a look at BRV & found it can easily & comfortably accommodate 3 adults (medium built of 5.5" to 5.8" with average weight of 65 Kg) in middle row.
Here we had compared the second row to that of Creta, with the same three people judging comfort levels and BRV has a lot less width as is evident in the pic. Yes, three people can be accommodated - but not in comfort.

That said, the third passenger can always opt for the third row and be in better comfort.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4022104
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 18:05   #645
BHPian

Finally saw the BR-V at leisure in the flesh at a popular mall. The driving position seemed comfortable. On the front the ICE seems like something out of the 90s. At the back, the seat again was well designed but the ceiling mounted A/C vents and its control seemed like throwback to a different era. I got the feeling that the Honda designers wanted to tick all the boxes in terms of features more than actually think in terms of modern design.

Admittedly, the deal offered is pretty sweet - 1 lac exchange bonus + Free Insurance + "Some more for sure". I've asked for a Test-Drive.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks