Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 13:01   #616
BHPian

That's after a whooping 40-50k discount on City in October.
Old 4th November 2016, 13:04   #617
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

How I wish Honda had brought the H-RV instead of B-RV! It would have competed well against the Creta and a modern looking choice other than creta in the price range! Even if priced a little higher than Creta, I'm sure it would have sold better than the Brv. Why Honda, why?
Old 4th November 2016, 14:47   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
6360 Units of Ciaz Sold last month against 6378 City Sedans.

City is back to No 1 but that's a super close fight.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-re...er--2016-.aspx
Right, super-close in Oct, but previous 3 months, Ciaz was more by 800-2000-700!

I am actually surprised that Ciaz sold a few less in Oct (Diwali) than Sep, but maybe its just due Brezza cannibalization!

Anyways, don't want to go too much OT, need to see what Honda does with the BRV now!

Friends on our whatsapp group already reporting dealer discounts, corporate discounts kicking in!

PS: Rightly said "Sebzgeo89", HRV probably would have competed better with the Creta (not so sure about pricing, but Creta does give good margin for competitors!!), hope it does well when it comes, but I am sure those who have bought the BRV are happy since most of us went with it for that 6th seat!

Last edited by Hvt77 : 4th November 2016 at 14:51.
Hvt77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 15:09   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
..need to see what Honda does with the BRV now!

Friends on our whatsapp group already reporting dealer discounts, corporate discounts kicking in!
The BR-V could still be salvaged, provided HONDA does the following:

Step -1
Do with the BR-V, what Maruti did with the S-Cross. That means, a substantial price slash of minimum 10% on the entry models going upto 15% on the top end models. And I mean an 'official price slash', not festive offers or dealer discounts.

Step - 2
Introduce new VX(O) variants with the following features inbuilt -

-Auto Wipers
-Auto Headlamps
-Rear Parking Camera
-Touchscreen AVN Unit
-Auto Dimming Rear View Mirrors
-215 section tires on Better Alloy
-Option of Dual Tone Beige & Black Interiors

This variant should be offered in Petrol MT, Petrol CVT & Diesel MT combination and should be priced close to the current VX variant's price with similar engine, transmission combination.

Thats my two cents.
vikash49 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 08:07   #620
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking to book the Honda BR-V/V/MT, petrol model. DO you know of any dealer in Bangalore offering year-end discounts?

Also, is there an engine cover accessory available for the petrol engine?

Thanks!
wanderlust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 19:28   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to book the Honda BR-V/V/MT, petrol model. DO you know of any dealer in Bangalore offering year-end discounts?

Thanks!
Will enquire from the SA in Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road, Banaglore about this and let you know!

P.S: He was my SA when I purchased the Jazz 4 years ago. I'm still in touch with him. So, can help you with that!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh
WAM-4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 23:17   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Hi All,

Thanks!
There is no engine cover accessory available for the petrol engine.

Initially the men at the Honda dealers were unaware of this missing cover in the petrol variants, till I brought it to their attention!!

I presumed the engine cover was to prevent dirt from the off roading of an SUV falling on the engine. However my Honda dealer in Chennai claimed that it was there just to reduce the noise levels. According to him since the petrol engine was relatively noiseless it didnt require an engine cover. Their accessories man said they wouldnt custom make one either.
John Roshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 07:32   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
Will enquire from the SA in Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road, Banaglore about this and let you know!
P.S: He was my SA when I purchased the Jazz 4 years ago. I'm still in touch with him. So, can help you with that!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh
Thank you Rakesh, that would be awesome to get some information about year0end discounts / freebies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Roshan View Post
There is no engine cover accessory available for the petrol engine.
Thats too bad, I was hoping the cover from the diesel car would be a direct fit for the petrol car! Anyway, let me enquire here and see if I get to hear any more smart replies
Old 11th November 2016, 19:29   #624
BHPian

Visited the local Honda Showroom today for routine service of my 2011 Honda City.

The SA there knows me and also remembered that I was earlier interested in the BR-V CVT, so came over to share the current offers on the car.

Customers can choose between the below two offers on all variants except E Petrol.

Option 1 : Cash Discount of INR 15,000

Option 2 :
Honda Genuine Accessory AVN Kit worth INR 50,000 for just 25K.

They had the AVN kit in stock and upon my insistence, they got one kit to the showroom for me to see.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20161111_163260.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20161111_163153.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20161111_163218.jpg

It's an Alpine made head unit with 6.2" Touch Screen and the Kit comes along with a replacement Face Plate, a Rear Camera with wiring & a Remote controller.

This is the exact same unit that comes factory fitted in the top model (AVN equipped) Honda City & Jazz.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20161111_144210.jpg

You can check out more features of this unit here: https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewJazz/avndemo.html

Hope this is of use to prospective buyers

Last edited by vikash49 : 11th November 2016 at 19:31.
vikash49 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 14:12   #625
BHPian

I've booked CVT Model Albaster Silver last week. OTR inclusive of accessories, corporate discount, offers and zero dep insurance is around 14.75. Delivery is scheduled this weekend. Just back from the PDI. The car is shod with good year tyres while majority of others were with michelin.

Please let me know if the good year tyres are good enough or if I should ask for different car with michelin.

Thanks
Night Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 14:42   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
I've booked CVT Model Albaster Silver last week. OTR inclusive of accessories, corporate discount, offers and zero dep insurance is around 14.75. Delivery is scheduled this weekend. Just back from the PDI. The car is shod with good year tyres while majority of others were with michelin.

Please let me know if the good year tyres are good enough or if I should ask for different car with michelin.

Thanks
Disappointing to hear that. I would suggest you to ask for car with Michelin Tyres, they are way better then Goodyear. If possible, try for car shod with Bridgestone one's, they are the next best after Michelin.

If you're OK with other color, why not get one which has Michelin tyres ?
Old 13th November 2016, 21:16   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Visited the local Honda Showroom today for routine service of my 2011 Honda City.

The SA there knows me and also remembered that I was earlier interested in the BR-V CVT, so came over to share the current offers on the car.

Customers can choose between the below two offers on all variants except E Petrol.

Option 1 : Cash Discount of INR 15,000

Option 2 :
Honda Genuine Accessory AVN Kit worth INR 50,000 for just 25K.

Hope this is of use to prospective buyers
I think BRV is a great product for someone looking for a 7 seater between Ertiga and Innova. I believe Honda should immediately offer this AVN with reverse camera as a standard fitting in its top variants. Mobilio is already dead, not sure whether Honda is waiting for BRV to go the same path.

There are 3 glaring misses from Honda which they need to quickly fix
1. Touchscreen AVN
2. Reverse camera
3. Phone controls on steering

Just fix this and BRV should have more appeal.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 22:23   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I think BRV is a great product for someone looking for a 7 seater between Ertiga and Innova. I believe Honda should immediately offer this AVN with reverse camera as a standard fitting in its top variants. Mobilio is already dead, not sure whether Honda is waiting for BRV to go the same path.

There are 3 glaring misses from Honda which they need to quickly fix
1. Touchscreen AVN
2. Reverse camera
3. Phone controls on steering

Just fix this and BRV should have more appeal.
Completely agree with you. You are spot on. This should be done without any increase in prices.
Old 13th November 2016, 22:52   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Completely agree with you. You are spot on. This should be done without any increase in prices.
This Policy doesn't match to Honda. They keep charging for everything they add/subtract. That's the thing I hate about them. I expect these features to be offered in New Variant like VX(O) & it will be dearer by around 40-50k. Then suddenly the current Top End (VX) will feel like VFM & they will continue to milk money from customers without actually giving new things/features.

BR-V is a good car, but I don't know what Honda was aiming at. They should have brought in HR-V to Rival the Duster/Creta while the BR-V should have replaced the Mobilio and compete with Ertiga. This would have made BR-V more popular due to its SUV looks & space advantage over Ertiga. But Honda thinked other way.

Sorry Honda, you are slowly but steadily losing ground & if you don't improve, you will join likes of Chevrolet & Fiat who have good products but aren't selling due to the company's attitude. We Indians are very sensitive & anything that feels wrong, we won't even bother to see the Improvements post realization.
Old 13th November 2016, 23:08   #630
Team-BHP Support

We don't give much weightage to leather interiors. The current VX variant costs roughly Rs. 1.2 Lacs over the V Variant. So what Honda could do is - get rid of the leather interiors, add this AVN unit to BRV VX and slash prices by Rs. 50,000. No revenue loss for Honda either.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks