Old 18th October 2017, 14:09   #301
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Tried it on my friend's car.
Looks sooper good.
Attachment 1659506
The foot step in this vehicle looks great, compared to the ones that we get in the showroom. Any idea on what is the brand, the cost and where we can get it.
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:11   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
The foot step in this vehicle looks great, compared to the ones that we get in the showroom. Any idea on what is the brand, the cost and where we can get it.
I have these, bought from Trident Isuzu (Bangalore)

If I remember correctly these are a Carryboy model and they cost me appx 19,000 give or take a thousand.

Would not recommend them, buy the original Isuzu steps because those are made of steel. These are Aluminium and Plastic. The Isuzu steps are proper rock sliders.
TwistedFaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:44   #303
BHPian

I read that the restriction on the payload capacity (265kgs) in V-Cross is mainly due to the 3 leafsprings in the rear. However, the D-Max is able to take a ton due to the 5 leafsprings in the rear. Hence, my question is, can we alter the V-Cross leafsprings by adding 2 more so that it can take a ton. Has anyone done it.
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:39   #304
BHPian

Quote:
I read that the restriction on the payload capacity (265kgs) in V-Cross is mainly due to the 3 leafsprings in the rear. However, the D-Max is able to take a ton due to the 5 leafsprings in the rear. Hence, my question is, can we alter the V-Cross leafsprings by adding 2 more so that it can take a ton. Has anyone done it.
I am not sure about the setup difference of leaf springs between the two. As far as I know the payload on the V-cross is restricted for private registration purpose and not technical limitations. A higher payload would put the V-cross in the commercial segment.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:04   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Besides the leaf springs, you also have come archaic govt rules that requires the load carrying capacity to be less than the passenger carrying capacity in order to be certified as a passenger (white board/Non Good carrier). I recall when the Tata Xenon 2.2 was approved as passenger vehicle, the official/approved load capacity was 250 kgs. However the vehicle was capable of carrying 500 kgs.

500 kgs on the VCross is fine and my friend does this regularly for estate use. The DMAX has more springs. If you install this in the VCross, your ride will become very hard. I have driven the DMAX with an empty bed and the rear literally jumps .
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 23:46   #306

How about installing Airbags like poly airsprings?. does it improve ride quality?
Old 25th October 2017, 18:43   #307
BHPian

I am planning to install a front guard and a hard canopy to Vcross, kindly advise on the following:-

1. Suggest a front guard suitable for Vcross which does not negate the functioning of the airbags in case of a crash.

2. I have gone through the Internet and found that carryboy sells hard canopies, but I am confused between the many models available. Anyone having knowledge of carryboy products may please point out the differences between the series 5, 6, 7, 8 and G3 models

Thanks in advance

Last edited by raja_ys : 25th October 2017 at 18:44.
Old 25th October 2017, 23:23   #308

Dear fellow truckers,
I am a new kid on the block and have recently booked vcross and waiting for its arrival. I have been reading lot of information on various forums and Facebook posts, however I could not gather all information with clear details and pricing of preferred modifications required to turn this beast into a successful long distance family tourer with some adventure. I have listed down few modifications I think are necessary
1. Safety
a. Tyres : I intended to keep the stock alloys and get safer upsize AT tyres, so what is the safest upsize AT tyres we can fit without lift, no wheel size changes and no wheel spacers. I have seen many fitting 265/70/R16 or higher which are tend to be heavier than stock so I would think that it put lot of stress on breaks due to heavy tyres. Please suggest good AT tyres with strong sidewall (puncture proof) with your experience and contacts (preferably in Hyderabad).
b. Canopy: I have a pet so I would be going for full canopy (like carryboy series 7), please suggest best deal I can get in india with contact (preferable in Hyderabad). I am planning to install dual battery for AC in Canopy and solar panel for charging. Please share your experience if you had this type of setup with some pointers.
c. Suspension: I am planning to install airbag with stock leaf spring with high performance shock (like old man foam cell, etc..) at the rear and compatible air shocks at the front. This should improve the ride quality substantially over the stock setup which is critical for long family drives. Please share your experiences and pointers.
2. Others
a. nudge guard, side steps, door visors and rear bumpers, auxiliary lights and some general stuff which I am not very picky but appreciate if you can provide a contact where I can get all at one go in India (Hyderabad of course :-)).
b. Head Unit (music system): I am more of a DIY guy so planning to build a carpc with some integrated sensors useful for safety but the challenge is with the offline GPS maps. So if you have a preferred head unit system with good india maps, please share. I will keep posting on my progress if I decide to go with DIY.

Sorry for the long list of items, I have to close on this in next 10 days and prepare to budget before my beast arrive. If you have electrical wiring blue print of vcross please share as it will be useful for my DIY speaker and LED installs.
Thank you and happy driving.
Old 31st October 2017, 23:04   #309
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
I am planning to install a front guard and a hard canopy to Vcross, kindly advise on the following:-

1. Suggest a front guard suitable for Vcross which does not negate the functioning of the airbags in case of a crash.

2. I have gone through the Internet and found that carryboy sells hard canopies, but I am confused between the many models available. Anyone having knowledge of carryboy products may please point out the differences between the series 5, 6, 7, 8 and G3 models

Thanks in advance
Try this, ICYMI: http://www.carryboy.com/download/isu...x_brochure.pdf
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:14   #310
BHPian

I have done a short distance test run to check the optimal fuel economy of the Isuzu D-Max Vcross as follows:-

Distance:- 67kms
Speed:- 50-55 kmph
RPM:- 1100-1200
Road:- A smooth highway
AC:- On at 24 degrees with low fan speed
Time:- 85 mins
Mileage:- 22.3 kmpl

Is there a sweet spot (combination of RPM and Speed) where more juice (fuel economy) can be extracted from this vehicle. Some methods that are popular:-

1. Keeping the vehicle in high gear and maintaining the lowest speed without stalling the engine
2. Since the RPM at 20% lesser than the RPM for peak Torque. So for the Vcross Turbo kicks in at 1800 RPM (Torque 320@1800-2800) so maintaining an RPM of 1800 minus 20% is 1440 or roughly 1500 rounded off.
3. Check the lowest speed at which the vehicle travels in high gear without stalling. then add 40-50% speed to it as more kms traveled in the same time will actually result in a actual real time mileage. So is travelling at 70kms more beneficial.

Keeping/ignoring other variables like fuel, road, weight, wind, braking etc.
Point 1 refers to travelling at 50 kmph speed and 1100 rpm while point 2 and 3 refers to increasing speed to 70 kmph and RPM to 1500. So which of these methods will actually help/deliver better mileage?

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_1.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_2.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_4.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2017 at 23:00. Reason: Correcting image orientation
raja_ys is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 07:46   #311
BHPian

I'm planning to buy Dmax V Cross, but with new model released in other countries, can anyone suggest me whether to wait for the new model to launch or go ahead with the current model?
And moreover I'm owning new Toyota fortuner automatic and brio Automatic, planning to replace brio to upgrade to V Cross. I'm the only one who drive in my house, my monthly commute Will be approximately 1500kms with both the cars. Goes weekly to my farm on 20km of highway, 20km bad road and 2 km off-road inside my farm. Previously I own Thar but due to soft top and loose sounds, I have sold it. And in this fortuner I'm not much going to farm because of getting it scratches due to branches of mango trope and for going to another farm, 40kms National highway, 20 kms state highway which is in bad condion, 12kms single lane road in a very bad condition and finally have to cross a small river with very less water in summers and more than knee deep in rainy season somtimes. River stretch is like 150 to 200 meters. V Cross is growing on my mind. Plz suggest.
Old 18th November 2017, 21:22   #312
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
I'm planning to buy Dmax V Cross, but with new model released in other countries, can anyone suggest me whether to wait for the new model to launch or go ahead with the current model?
And moreover I'm owning new Toyota fortuner automatic and brio Automatic, planning to replace brio to upgrade to V Cross. I'm the only one who drive in my house, my monthly commute Will be approximately 1500kms with both the cars. Goes weekly to my farm on 20km of highway, 20km bad road and 2 km off-road inside my farm. Previously I own Thar but due to soft top and loose sounds, I have sold it. And in this fortuner I'm not much going to farm because of getting it scratches due to branches of mango trope and for going to another farm, 40kms National highway, 20 kms state highway which is in bad condion, 12kms single lane road in a very bad condition and finally have to cross a small river with very less water in summers and more than knee deep in rainy season somtimes. River stretch is like 150 to 200 meters. V Cross is growing on my mind. Plz suggest.
One doesn't really know how long a newer model will take to land on India shores.

From sound and hard top perspective yes the VCross would be a lot more refined than the Thar.

But if you are worried about scratches on the Fortuner you can expect the same or worse on the V-Cross.

Knee deep water should be manageable for the VCross, but if there is a significant flow it would not be advised in any vehicle.

The V-Cross would bounce you around on rough road much more than the Fortuner due to the leafsprings in the rear.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 17:22   #313
BHPian

Quote:
As far as the stock suspension setup on the vcross is concerned, it has been mellowed down keeping in mind 2 things -

1. Private Vehicle registration norms
2. To give the vehicle a softer ride in our Indian conditions

To carry more weight and to make the Vcross more sure footed, one can upgrade the suspension to various options available in the after market like - Fox, Bilstein, TJM, OME, Ironman, Profenders etc. (Costing anywhere between 75k to 2 lakhs)

I am personally running a TJM suspension on my vcross (Cost around 97k) with 5 load bearing leafs stamped at 1.7 tons. The boat like stock ride improves dramatically and so does the stance . Now the Vcross drives surefooted without the wobbling of the rear while crossing multiple small speed-breakers.

The new Vcross is not scheduled to hit Indian shores before 2019, that is confirmed, hence no point delaying your purchase.

One more thing, I like the term "replacement vehicle" which you used for the Vcross replacing the Brio. I mean it's like a Blue Whale replacing an Ant

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th November 2017 at 18:37. Reason: Back to back posts, please edit original post instead. Thanks.
Hondaism is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 18:38   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

The new Vcross is not scheduled to hit Indian shores before 2019, that is confirmed, hence no point delaying your purchase.
I was told a facelift/upgrade is planned in couple of months, not sure if it is the all new or not though.
Old 28th November 2017, 21:00   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I was told a facelift/upgrade is planned in couple of months, not sure if it is the all new or not though.
+ 1

JMD Isuzu guys at Pune told me the same. Updated V Crosss is expected in 2018 for sure, but they don't have a timeline. They were also quite sure on the 3.0 Ltr engine being available on the updated 2018 V Cross. My take on this is that Isuzu may plonk the 1.9 Ltr (Thai Spec) rather than the 3.0 Ltr (Aussie Spec). I would definitely want to wait for the updated V Cross with revised engine, 6 speed transmission and better interiors.
somitra1981 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks