Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:24   #4006
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes there must be some way to protect original seats. Please help if someone is aware of any such solution.
Couple of options on Ali express which are much cheaper than any seat covers. Also the OE seat shape is pretty much retained.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328152...st.32815250635
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328307...st.32830759224
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 02:27   #4007
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes the seats do blend very nicely with the exterior but I am one of those who prefer not to dirty the seat fabric even a bit. So installing seat covers was on my priority list. Yes there must be some way to protect original seats. Please help if someone is aware of any such solution.
If intention is to keep seat clean go in for 6 mthly interior cleaning by 3M. They refresh any seat such that it is almost like new. So you can enjoy the seat and keep it clean. Skip the covers in the first 2 yrs.

Cost less than 3K.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 08:25   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If intention is to keep seat clean go in for 6 mthly interior cleaning by 3M. They refresh any seat such that it is almost like new. So you can enjoy the seat and keep it clean. Skip the covers in the first 2 yrs.

Cost less than 3K.
Thanks for the suggestion but currently there are no 3M stores in Lucknow. So only option is seat covers. Infact I got them installed yesterday. Will post pictures soon.
Old 24th April 2018, 19:08   #4009
BHPian

My friend who owns a BMW 320 was looking for a van and almost finalized Toyota Crysta, however I had to literally plead with him to give Hexa a good test drive. He was like what Tata Hexa, no way... he had that bewildered look on his face... finally he decided to take a test drive and he was completely blown away. He immediately booked XTA and they have promised delivery in a week time. All fellow owners Hexa feedback was also a reason foe his decision and wanted to thank you all. I wish him happy miles and trouble free ride for a long time
Chillout is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 11:59   #4010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
My friend who owns a BMW 320 was looking for a van and almost finalized Toyota Crysta, however I had to literally plead with him to give Hexa a good test drive.
Well done, and this kind of gives an idea as to why Hexa's sales are rather mediocre - it is because a good chunk of buyers do not even consider it in their shortlist and the ones who considered are now very likely to be proud owners.

On a lighter note - you may receive some heat from the owners out here for calling Hexa a van
Old 25th April 2018, 22:41   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Well done, and this kind of gives an idea as to why Hexa's sales are rather mediocre - it is because a good chunk of buyers do not even consider it in their shortlist and the ones who considered are now very likely to be proud owners.
I am in the market and considered Hexa. I have made a visit to Concorde who has been recommended as one of the good dealer. The experience I had at the dealership made me to decide against Hexa.

Oh man, if they are not bothered about a potential customer who might be 1 among the 1000+ they might have in India in the next month, I am not sure what attention they will give post sales. Where as my experience in other dealers have been much much better in this order Toyota > MS > Hyundai and way below is TATA. Sorry folks
Old 26th April 2018, 07:39   #4012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I am in the market and considered Hexa. I have made a visit to Concorde who has been recommended as one of the good dealer. The experience I had at the dealership made me to decide against Hexa.
I am not related to TML in anyway.
We have always heard "not so great feedback" about Concorde Motors in Bangalore. However, I have always experienced a great level of commitment even before all these new generation product lines, around 6-10 years ago. The worst experience I had was from Toyota then. So, it just turns the equation upside down from what you have
Anyway, it doesn't matter. If one needs a vehicle that would last for 10+ years, then the dealership and sales experience shouldn't be the only criteria. I am not writing it off though.

As a next step, try KHT or Prerena motors.

Prem.
Old 26th April 2018, 07:51   #4013
BHPian

Quote:

Oh man, if they are not bothered about a potential customer who might be 1 among the 1000+ they might have in India in the next month, I am not sure what attention they will give post sales. Where as my experience in other dealers have been much much better in this order Toyota > MS > Hyundai and way below is TATA. Sorry folks
Concord recommended as a great dealer? Its totally the opposite. I have had similar experience with concord: executives with limited knowledge of the product, quoting possible price of the car as 26L 5 days before launch and claiming there's only a 6 seater version and no 7 seater variant at all and hence the name Hexa (for 6!). All this just a few days before the official launch.

Would strongly recommend you to visit prerana motors, lalbagh Road as that is where i bought my car. Experience there has been miles ahead of what i get in Hyundai. Be it sales or service. They treat you extremely well!
Old 26th April 2018, 10:31   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the market and considered Hexa....
In my case, I told my friend not to have any expectations with the dealer and not ask them for features and all. My friend told the Rep, thanks to Teambhp, i have complete details of the vehicle and they immediately finalized the rates and inspected the vehicle that was in the yard. So far he is happy with the dealer, primary reason being, expectations were low.
Old 26th April 2018, 11:35   #4015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
As a next step, try KHT or Prerena motors.
Agree. While dealership attitude is one of deciding factors, it need not be the only criteria to finalize a car. One can always look for better dealerships around.

In my case, Maruti (that too Nexa) gave me worst buying experience ever, for buying their flagship SCross 1.6. But the car helped me to forget that experience and move on.

KHT gave me a wonderful delivery experience, which was miles and miles ahead of my previous 'flagship' experience at Maruti. Just switch your dealership and check if you are still interested in Hexa.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 26th April 2018 at 11:36.
Old 26th April 2018, 11:45   #4016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had made the same mistake of getting the test drive of Hexa from Concorde Motors. I wanted to take an extended test drive with my family and with my infant son.
They were late by 40mins and on top of it, the AC in the test drive Hexa was not functioning. That was enough to seal it's fate. After the bad experience, my vote for Hexa was overpowered by the many No's from my family.
A good car let down by incompetent dealer.

If you are still inclined with Hexa, look at other dealers.
Old 26th April 2018, 15:11   #4017
BHPian

Hello existing owners of Hexa - Look for your feedback to help me decide for the Hexa XTA. I have a XUV 2014 model and I seriously need to look to another vehicle minus the manual gearbox. I have test driven the Hexa XTA once and I have the following gripes. I will be glad to know how you guys overcome that -

1.) The weird armrest - I just couldn't find a good position around that. I'm 5'6 and hence can't afford the seat pushed way back. Plus I have a laid back driving posture (I have no keenness to look at the bonnet lines of a SUV. I'm mostly able to judge the dimensions and corners accurately enough after a few days of driving the car). I wish I won't have to keep brushing my elbow with fellow co-passenger to use the oddly shaped armrest.

2.) Maps, Navigation and place to park your phone & wallet - This is the biggest gap for me in the interior of Hexa. I can't travel to most places in the city without navigation via Google maps. I also keep looking at it for alternate routes if the main route has more traffic. The offline clumsy NaviMaps in Hexa, I think is no match for the Google Maps. Sorely miss Android Auto on this. Yes a phone mount could work, but how much of it would be a blind spot if mounted on dash or windscreen.

Also where to put the phone if not mounted on the cradle ? The front single cup holder is too shallow to keep my phone (Pixel 2 XL). Also while on highway, where to keep the wallet handy for those toll tickets and keeping coins, change and toll tickets ? For a not tall person like me, the arm extension all the way to the front 2 gloveboxes every now and then will be too much of a yoga unless I have a co-passenger willing to be the assistant.

3.) Missing ESP, Traction Control and Rollover mitigation - For a car of 2.2 tonnes of kerb weight (gross would be even higher) how many nervy moments you have had in the AT variant due to missing these features ? I'm kind of a spirited driver on my XUV and even though it misses ESP (since I have 2014 W6 variant), the fact it's a monocoque and lesser weight to stall using disc bakes with ABS and EBD, I had at the most 1 or 2 nervy moments on it without ESP on the highway. Since Hexa is ladder on frame, with even higher CG, will I have to drive the AT much more sedately to compensate for the missing safety feature ?

4.) Resale - I may end up selling the Hexa or whatever I buy now in another 2-3 years as I'm eyeing the Endy. I can't buy it now because I have some other financial commitments but I also want to upgrade my current car due to too much fatigue driving in city with a long clutch travel of XUV along with long throws. So I need a car that either stops me from buying the Endy and gives similar sense of luxury and capability or is stop gap that doesn't cut too deep in my pocket vs my XUV from 2014. With the upcoming Tata H5X and H7X, will the resale value of Hexa tank ? How's the current resale value for XTA going on cars which should be at most 2 years old ?

I liked the new XUV W11 AT but I'm not sure if I would want to sit in the same cockpit for another 2-3 or 3-4 years. Yes it will have newer infotainment screen with Android Auto for Google maps navigation (such a delight for me) and better armrest and storage at the front for the driver. Also I think handling should be better vs Hexa due to its monocoque chassis, lower CG and lighter kerb weight. Also that mHawk engine now with more power (further improving XUV's power / torque to weight ratio) is a hoot to drive. I have heard from people that the mHawk is a more refined and superior engine vs the Hexa's Varicore engine. I know Hexa has set new standards on ride quality but will that be the only thing I would gain moving from my XUV?

Last edited by TORQUE_AANJANEY : 26th April 2018 at 15:27. Reason: Typo errors
Old 26th April 2018, 17:35   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Concorde who has been recommended as one of the good dealer. The experience I had at the dealership made me to decide against Hexa.
Even here in my city they did not even care to attend. You should try another dealer for sure. My hexa experience with my dealer has been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
not to have any expectations with the dealer
Exactly what I told myself before shopping for hexa. I am mightily happy now. Low expectaions, no disappointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post

1.) The weird armrest

2.) Maps, Navigation and place to park your phone & wallet

3.) Missing ESP, Traction Control and Rollover mitigation

4.) Resale

I know Hexa has set new standards on ride quality but will that be the only thing I would gain moving from my XUV?
My view from a limited 800km ownership

1. Armrest is for the passenger only. Driver get to rest only his right hand. Thats that, no two ways. But that said you are very comfortable driving without that armrest.

2. I tried navi maps and the whole connect next app suite. I just didn't find them very intuitive or that path breaking. I put my phone(samsung note 8) behind the gear, in front of the the ac nobs. If you put it horizontally there and you get a nice view of the map. Wallet goes under the armrest. House keys go near the passenger cup holder, below the rear ac vents. You can easily access it from the from the front seat.

3. Just imagine you are not driving a cheetah anymore but an elephant. Best driven in a calm composed and stately manner. That said it very easy to drive and maneuver and stops without any drama.

4. I really don't think resale is going to be that bad. Seeing a lot of hexa these days on Hyd roads.

I think you will get better ride, better build quality, better gear box, better mileage and more space for a lesser cost.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 17:36   #4019
BMK

My experience with Prerana BTM was very poor.

KHT was OK from sales, but they tried to play around the invoicing dates (they pre-dated it, probably month sales pressures ) and had hard time get them to align, had to drag in Tata motors customer service.

Did not try Concorde for purchase. But got the 1st service done with them which was pretty fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I had made the same mistake of getting the test drive of Hexa from Concorde Motors. I wanted to take an extended test drive with my family and with my infant son.
They were late by 40mins and on top of it, the AC in the test drive Hexa was not functioning. That was enough to seal it's fate. After the bad experience, my vote for Hexa was overpowered by the many No's from my family.
A good car let down by incompetent dealer.

If you are still inclined with Hexa, look at other dealers.
Old 26th April 2018, 18:43   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post

1.) The weird armrest - Plus I have a laid back driving posture (I have no keenness to look at the bonnet lines of a SUVI wish I won't have to keep brushing my elbow with fellow co-passenger to use the oddly shaped armrest.
My posture is the same as yours. It's laid back and hence, this arm-rest surprisingly comes to more use. If you had a forward posture, the arm-rest may have been not so useful. I tend to sit with both elbows wide apart and they rest comfortably on either side. The passenger's elbow doesn't foul with yours in any way. But during those hairpin turns and occasional sudden manoeuvres, there will be brushing!

2.) Maps, Navigation and place to park your phone & wallet - This is the biggest gap for me in the interior of Hexa.

This is one thing that you need getting used to. For me, my phone sits very well in front of the gear knob when there is no use for it. Else, it goes onto the holder. I have attached the suction mount to the small triangular glass near the A-pillar. That way, it doesn't obstruct any view. Many owners have opted for the magnetic mount as well.
With regards to the wallet, I place it above the glove box or inside the arm-rest. But if you feel its a stretch, you could have the currency in the arm-rest pocket of the driver door or cup-holders

3.) Missing ESP, Traction Control and Rollover mitigation

I guess automatic owners can comment on them here. Would like to add that no matter what safety features a car is equipped with, end of the day, it depends on the extent to which the driver is in control.

4.) Resale - I may end up selling the Hexa or whatever I buy now in another 2-3 years as I'm eyeing the Endy.

With the amount of TATA cars increasing on road and looking at their quality, the prices are bound to increase in the seconds market. Only time will tell.
Replies in bold. To conclude, though the car is not loaded on features, your experience in the cabin, right from the seats, dashboard, audio and ride quality, etc make sure the smile stays on your face no matter where you drive. It looks more muscular as well.

End of the day, it is upto you and would recommend you to forget your experiences with the XUV (it has only the long list of features going for it) and look at the Hexa. You will then appreciate the car for what it offers.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 26th April 2018 at 18:45.
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks