Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 11:23   #4921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Needed a product recommendation for car dashboard phone mount. I bought one earlier but it keeps coming off by itself and doesn't stick to the dashboard. Specifically want one which is dashboard mounted and not windshield mounted. Would greatly appreciate any help.
Why don't you mount the suction cup holder on the small triangle glass on the driver side, near the A-pillar tweeter. This will ensure that it sits tight and doesn't hinder visibility.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:14   #4922
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Suction works on the principal of creating vacuum by expanding the internal volume between the other surface & the suction cup. For this to work - the other surface must be ultra smooth & flat - like windshield glass - that can fit flush with the cup.
got taken in by product descriptions on websites claiming ability to mount on dashboards/textured surfaces et al and had taken a leap of faith. Showed your post to the better half as she didn't want to spoil the "look" of her phone by using the magnet based mount which i use in my car. So now i don't have to waste more money on buying a new phone mount hoping it will be a success second time round

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Why don't you mount the suction cup holder on the small triangle glass on the driver side, near the A-pillar tweeter. This will ensure that it sits tight and doesn't hinder visibility.
shall try to fit in the old holder on that bit of glass. thanks.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 10:06   #4923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Needed a product recommendation for car dashboard phone mount. I bought one earlier but it keeps coming off by itself and doesn’t stick to the dashboard. Specifically want one which is dashboard mounted and not windshield mounted. Would greatly appreciate any help.
I have been using a aligator mobile holder for the last few months and it is serving me good. The only issue I had was the double sided tape not holding up for more than a week, I fixed it with a 3M tape and it is good ever since.

Below is one of the links from Amazon India for reference.

https://www.amazon.in/Vheelocityin-A...s%2C291&sr=8-7
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:16   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I have been using a aligator mobile holder for the last few months and it is serving me good.

Below is one of the links from Amazon India for reference.

https://www.amazon.in/Vheelocityin-A...s%2C291&sr=8-7
Thanks for the recommendation. Will order one. It says it’s for Toyota. A dashboard is a dashboard end of day.
Old 14th August 2019, 13:21   #4925
BHPian

Reposting here as its relevant to HEXA!

I need advise from the distinguished members on buying a pre Owned Tata Hexa AT. The requirement is a 6- 7 seater family suv with AT. My family checked out all other options available in 15 to 18 L brackets, we finally zeroed on Tata Hexa AT.

After going through many posts and thread in TbHP forum, I realized that Tata HEXA AT is great Vehicle, I also realized that Pre worshiped Hexa AT will be great value for money if I were to get a vehicle 2- 3 year old and less than 30 K run. I intend to drive the vehicle for atleast 6 - 7 years.

A look around the Pre owned market convinced me that one can have a 2017 Model HExa AT with less than 30 K on Odo within a price of 13 -15lacs in Blr.

While I am evaluating more options, I would request forum members to advise on :-

a> Is it worth to buy an Tata Hexa AT 2017 model with less than 30 K on Odo under 14 lacs?
b> What should I be concerned about while going for it - Maintenance cost, extended warranty, AT serviceability, any additional cost that I should factor?
c> Any other options that are worth evaluating (apart form XUV, Ford)- O saw a Pajero Sports of 2015 - 45 K AT at 18 lacs. Is it worth evaluating?
d> Any other factors that I should know, be careful of?

Thanks

Manish
Old 14th August 2019, 14:00   #4926
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not an owner of the Hexa so my advise will be more on general experience foundations. Have driven the Hexa & know people who own it since 2-3 years & all are absolutely happy with 0 niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
a> Is it worth to buy an Tata Hexa AT 2017 model with less than 30 K on Odo under 14 lacs?
Is it an XTA? If yes - I think not a bad deal. If an XMA - see if you can get it lower by another 40-50k. But then - look for the points below as well in final calculation.

Quote:
b> What should I be concerned about while going for it - Maintenance cost, extended warranty, AT serviceability, any additional cost that I should factor?
Please ensure that it has extended warranty from the current owner & get it registered on your name as part of the transaction via TML A-S-S. Do not buy if the car has come out of warranty & doesn't have E-Warranty already. If its in 1st warranty - you can still buy the extended warranty from TASS but then negotiate the price for it with the current owner.

Check when the insurance is expiring. If its due for renewal in next 2-3 months - you are looking at a significant punch soon.

At 30k, if used well till now the existing tyres will be good for another 2-3 years with proper care. Have a look. Check for bulges, cracks or too many puncture repair signs & state of the tread. If they appear worn - you are again looking at a bomb to replace them. Negotiate these pending costs in the asking price in that case.

Quote:
c> Any other options that are worth evaluating (apart form XUV, Ford)- O saw a Pajero Sports of 2015 - 45 K AT at 18 lacs. Is it worth evaluating?
In the long term - the ownership cost of a PajeroSport will be higher than the Hexa in normal scenario. It will start immediately with the much higher insurance premium for the PajeroSport & will continue with higher prices of all spares in comparison to a Tata car.
I'd put my money on a Hexa any day compared to an XUV500 if at comparable prices. The car is better. Have driven both.

Quote:
d> Any other factors that I should know, be careful of?
Please ask for full service history & insurance record. Service history can be availed at any TASS by giving registration / chassis number. Insurance records you need to ask the owner. This will give you a confirmation about whether the car had any frequent niggles / major part changes or accidents that the vehicle may have seen. Lesser the part change entries in the service history - better has been the 1st owner & car is in good shape.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th August 2019 at 14:04.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 14:55   #4927
Vmv
BHPian

Hexa again on a Road trip
This time 25000 km in 25 countries.
Kerala to France, Cannes.

The trip is for awareness for Tiger conservation

Did anyone know there are less than 4000 remaining in the world.
A capable auto is proving its capabilities
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-fb_img_1565843796611.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fb_img_1565843793346.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fb_img_1565843789245.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2019 at 01:17. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
Vmv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 18:13   #4928
Senior - BHPian

HEXA is driving around to save the Tigers whereas its own sales numbers have gone for a deep dive, how Ironical.

TM needs to bring down the price by atleast 2-3 lakhs(highest XTA On road within 20L) on all variants to entice the buyers, that too not considering the BS6 hikes.
dadu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 23:14   #4929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
TM needs to bring down the price by atleast 2-3 lakhs(highest XTA On road within 20L) on all variants to entice the buyers, that too not considering the BS6 hikes.
Hexa is already a VFM product, asking for a price reduction of 2 to 3 lakhs just because it belongs to Tata Motors is asking for too much. It might miss out on few features but it got its strong USPs like ride-quality & automatic-transmission. It is more capable than Innova while it is also as commuterish as Innova. No amount of price deduction can entice the buyers as long as it wears the Tata badge.

Last edited by wheelguy : 15th August 2019 at 23:42. Reason: Removed a typographical error.
wheelguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 06:32   #4930
BHPian

This is exactly the problem with us. A Hexa with a Toyota badge would have been a runaway success. Just because it's a Tata you want a cut in the price. Its better than the Crysta(read my post a few pages back) and still costs a good 5 lakh less. Pls understand that Tata has got its act together these days and the products are as good as they come. I have owned an Indigo earlier and did do around 1.5 lakh kms most of it at high speeds and when I sold it,it was good for another 50000 kms atleast without any problems. Shouldn't that be enough?
studedude is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 07:06   #4931
Senior - BHPian

I am not suggesting a price cut due to TATA, i am suggesting it since I dont want it to die a natural extinction with so many options that a buyers have and Hexa is competing. My suggestion is based more on sales strategy than anything else.

The styling is also few years old and with most refreshes happening by next year, it would be touch for Hexa no matter how capable it is
Old 16th August 2019, 23:19   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not an owner of the Hexa so my advise will be more on general experience foundations.
Thanks REINHARD, I shall update the forum over the weekend.

I look forward to more advise from existing Hexa XTA owners to advise on owing a pre-worshiped Hexa XTA.

Thanks

Manish
MaNishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 23:39   #4933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Hexa again on a Road trip
This time 25000 km in 25 countries.
Kerala to France, Cannes.
The trip is for awareness for Tiger conservation
This is a nice thing Tata group is doing, they always have been nature friendly. Recently heard there is a building in Town area which allows stray dogs to stay for shelter and food, this was done by Ratan Tata himself.

On the other note the Hexa in Tiger skin looks darn good.
Here are a few snaps and the route they are taking.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190816_233419.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190816_233417.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190816_233423.jpg
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 12:46   #4934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hexa is already a VFM product, asking for a price reduction of 2 to 3 lakhs just because it belongs to Tata Motors is asking for too much. It might miss out on few features but it got its strong USPs like ride-quality & automatic-transmission.
Driven XTA close to 40k and I would say ride quality is absolutely outstanding, I keep my tyre pressure at 35 psi, as recommended by TATA. Many a times I can't believe the smoothness in the ride quality that I often check the TPMS if the tyre pressure has gone down to 32.
doxinboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 14:31   #4935
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the 19" alloy wheels of the Hexa XT are now discontinued and replaced by smoked grey 17" units that resemble some old designs from Tata instead. (I think the Sumo Grande Mk2 had this design on GX trim.) Price also going up by about 10k by the looks of it.

I presume that means lower work required from suspension components thanks to softer tyres. Wonder if some specification changes for cost saving on suspension also then.

Financial Express news article.

Strting preparations for downgrading the Hexa for the next flagship's - Buzzard - arrival are we?

Its an understandable move. On or road conditions and for a heavy car like the Hexa, 19 inch was a bit of an overkill. 17" makes practical sense. But Tata should have somehow managed to do that by also showing a nominal price reduction instead of increase.

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th August 2019 at 14:41.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed