Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 20:18   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Some of the members (including me) was exploring the possibility of downsizing 19 inchers to 16 inchers, but don't think it is possible without compromising on safety, as manual clearly says ESP will not work properly if tyre sizes are changed (though I understand difference in total is only 2 inches between recommended 19 inchers & 16 inchers).
Why do you want to downsize?I do not believe its going make any difference in ride quality.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th December 2016 at 23:04. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 6th December 2016, 21:46   #257
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
It will indeed be. XTA will cost more than the XT 4x4 manual. The autobox is imported and TATA would have certainly eyed that it would sell in decent amount and would try make a little bit of a higher margin on the Automatic. But I believe it wont be like 3 lakhs more expensive. Another month to go, pricing will be out.
I am just speculating but what could be the pricing basis the variant list:
XE<XM<XT<XMA<XTA<XT4x4 (1)
but as per the above comments
XE<XM<XT<XMA<XT4x4<XTA (2)
or could it be
XE<XM<XMA<XT<XT4x4<XTA (3)

I seriously hope Tata could have announced the pricing. I am guessing if (1) (2) or even (3) is true then XT will lie around 14-15L. Could this be a correct guesstimate? Though I really hope its lesser
Old 6th December 2016, 22:03   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Why do you want to downsize?I do not believe its going make any difference in ride quality.
Having higher profile improves the ride quality (makes the ride softer)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th December 2016 at 23:06. Reason: Fixing broken quotes.
Old 6th December 2016, 22:25   #259
BHPian

To those claiming that the revised price is too good to be true, please hold on, its not so. Even Mahindra has slashed the price of its hot selling XUV5OO by 80,000 to 90,000. Guess why? My answer is, Demonitisation.

Its not at all like only the salaried / corporates, bought luxury SUV's. Its also the higher middle class businessmen that were among the primary buyers. That crowd has got a massively significant blow. Almost ALL business are anticipating a drastic fall in "discretionary expenditures" in their business plans. Discretionary expenditures among many others, includes cars.

Saying its a "killer price" by citing the comparative price of Creta/Duster doesn't cut it, because everyone knows that the Creta/Duster are cars that are overpriced compared to its segment.

That said, IMO this rationalisation is very much necessary because its not like Tata has shown great confidence in its product by giving a very generous warranty & extended warranty period.

Imagine you're coming into a market with a newly revealed product, and 1 week after the bookings begin, government significantly dis-incentivises the ownership of such products. Ofcourse the booking order book crashed post November 8th.

The price of the Automatic variant cannot / will not be rationalised further probably because the gearbox viz outsourced, is too expensive. Hence, they've given a large pricecut in the Manual variant, where they can afford the cut.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 6th December 2016 at 22:29.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 23:44   #260
BHPian

How did the guys manage to drive the car??? I called up the SA at Aadya & he mentioned that the "one car" doing rounds is primarily an event car. The TD cars will be coming over the weekend & the TD should start next monday onwards. When asked, if they has atest track, he mentioned that they would find some challenging terrains to test drive (there isn't a dearth of such roads in bangalore). Nevertheless, it would have been nice to have a test track.

The bangalore hexa experience event over the month end is closer to Aadya. Wonder why they cannot use the same.

While i am pretty confused to choose over the safari & the hexa 4x4, he did mention 2 things:

1. TM is going lean on LX/ EX models of the safari & only the VX trim is being offered
2. 2017, we could see a safari facelift with front facing 3rd row.
Old 7th December 2016, 00:01   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Having higher profile improves the ride quality (makes the ride softer)
As already mentioned in reviews and test drives by other members the 19inchers are not creating any issues, the ride is still soft and supple so why to deteriorate the look of hexa.

I feel 16 inch rim will look puny considering hexa's dimensions. Moreover its a big step from tata to directly move to wheel size of premium cars so we should be rather proud of having bigger rims. :thumbup:
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 11:00   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In their website, there's mention of Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA) and in the manual I see Electronic Brake Prefill (EBP). Are they one and the same?
Nope, they are vastly different.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hba.jpg
(Source)

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pb.jpg
(Source)

Oddly, the manual doesn't highlight the HBA feature separately, though it mentions vacuum-assisted independent hydraulic brakes.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-m.jpg

Quote:
Some of the members (including me) was exploring the possibility of downsizing 19 inchers to 16 inchers, but don't think it is possible without compromising on safety, as manual clearly says ESP will not work properly if tyre sizes are changed (though I understand difference in total is only 2 inches between recommended 19 inchers & 16 inchers). Is it still possible to change? Are there any tolerances for ESP to work as intended?
This is the exact difference between the two tyre sizes provided for the Hexa:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-ty.jpg

While the tyre-size calculators might give a green signal to downsizing, do remember that most of the driver-assist features in a car related to the wheels are calibrated accordingly to the rims + tyre size provided (both mechanically and electronically).

Changing wheels would mean re-calibration of a lot of such things which, if not properly done, might mean affecting one or more of these features.

It's a risk not worth taking, and I wouldn't recommend it.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 11:06   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
How did the guys manage to drive the car??? I called up the SA at Aadya & he mentioned that the "one car" doing rounds is primarily an event car.
Prerana Motors, Lalbagh road has Hexa test drive car. I got a call from them yesterday.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 12:56   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Worth watching.

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 12:59   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Prerana Motors, Lalbagh road has Hexa test drive car. I got a call from them yesterday.
Wow! lucky guys.

Any idea if the Hexa is in Hyderabad? Have not heard anything nor seen any at the dealerships.
Old 7th December 2016, 13:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Changing wheels would mean re-calibration of a lot of such things which, if not properly done, might mean affecting one or more of these features.

It's a risk not worth taking, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Rightly said RavenAvi. While bringing these long list of safety features in the top end models, all the researches would have certainly focused on the production wheel size. Any significant change could mean compromise in effectiveness.

Since not even one negative comment seen so far on the ride quality yet, the only practical problem which my middle-class mindset brings on table is tyre change cost.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 14:11   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Wow! lucky guys.

Any idea if the Hexa is in Hyderabad? Have not heard anything nor seen any at the dealerships.
Still hasn't yet reached the dealership. Have been in constant touch with dealerships. The vehicles have billed already. So it may come this weekend or next week.
Old 7th December 2016, 17:03   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Worth watching.
Wow I watched the full video and and as expected Hexa comes out be a clear winner from the lot.

Its high time for Mahindra to update XUV as it really feels outdated in front of Innova and Hexa.

Sad he didn't mentioned about the best thing I see in Hexa (big 19'' wheels).

Last edited by bblost : 8th December 2016 at 00:55. Reason: removed embedded video.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 00:49   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hexa MT 4x2 TD car reaches dealerships, ahead of the 4x4.

Pics sourced from Facebook.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15380868_1497965180233258_4288743093626032536_n.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15284006_1498435223519587_2842811403704352946_n.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15349606_1496774843685625_5366311653257415975_n.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15326325_1497968190232957_305764895912714673_n.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th December 2016 at 01:05. Reason: Corrected. Thanks, Viddy!
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 01:04   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Hexa MT 4x4 TD car reaches dealerships.

Pics sourced from Facebook.

Strange. This is XT which is MT but no 4x4 badge. Maybe this is the 4x2 variant.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks