Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 21:59   #2716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami jive View Post
I got mine installed at the showroom pre delivery. Concord motors (south ex) charged me 16000 with a 10% discount on all the accessories I opted for, so got it for an effective price of 14600. Recommend you go for it. My folks also find it easier to get in and out of the vehicle using these. Cheers!
Can you please post a picture of the side step?
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 22:43   #2717
BHPian

Bangalore hexa owners - I'm planning to book an XTA this weekend. Aadya motors or KHT? Any experience that you would like to share that can help me? I will talking to both to see what they offer as dealer discounts.

Also, im planning to go for a sunroof. Has anyone got that done in your hexa? Should I do it when I make the booking or separately at Webasto? I'm told Webasto is the authorized vendor for TML for this accessory. Is that right?

Please provide your insights on both these aspects please.
Old 21st August 2017, 23:04   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Bangalore hexa owners - I'm planning to book an XTA this weekend. Aadya motors or KHT? Any experience that you would like to share that can help me? I will talking to both to see what they offer as dealer discounts.

Also, im planning to go for a sunroof. Has anyone got that done in your hexa? Should I do it when I make the booking or separately at Webasto? I'm told Webasto is the authorized vendor for TML for this accessory. Is that right?

I'm getting mine through KHT domlur. Didn't negotiate any discount but got to do finance and insurance outside. If you want to speak to the sales rep ask for Naga Charan.
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:41   #2719
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Aadya motors or KHT?

Also, im planning to go for a sunroof. Has anyone got that done in your hexa? Should I do it when I make the booking or separately at Webasto?
Why not Prerana? There are pretty good reviews about them as well and they have won a lot of awards from TML for their PV division.

Coming to the sunroof, I am pretty sure that if you approach Webasto on your own, they should offer you a better deal than via the dealer/TML.

On the other side, I would strongly recommend you take a close look at their quality of work (the roofs by themselves are good) done at their Bangalore outlet and ask for customer references before you get your vehicle's roof cut. Wrongly installed sunroofs cause a host of issues which can completely sour your ownership experience.
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:25   #2720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
That's awesome mileage, I must say!
Thanks a lot, Satshan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
I also wanted to know, do u feel the absence of the 6th gear in the XE variant. I understand that since you have not gone above 70 kmph, its pretty difficult to comment now. Also, do you feel any sore points in this variant. Any modifications that you carried out since the purchase. Please throw some light.

The On-road price of XE is mouth-watering (specially post GST) and it is definitely NOT bare-bones in feature list, so I may consider this in my shortlisting.
I have never felt the absence of the 6th Gear, infact in the city conditions, it is hard to find a spot for the 5th, let alone the 6th. 4th Gear works like a bliss from 40 through to 60.

There are NO sore points on the XE and that is the best part, it comes with 3.5" screen for the odometer as shown in my post, it has the rear AC vents which is a must in this truck (remember the LX on the Strome does not have roof mounted AC at the back) from a creature comfort point of view there is nothing amiss, which makes the XE such a sweet deal. XE comes with the Harmon system, it has in built blinds for the middle row passengers.

Comes with 16" tires (cost ~7K a piece), the 19" ones on the XT are close to 12K. The 16" alloys from TM do not look on the Hexa as the sidewall width of the 16" tires is huge and it kinda overshadows the look of the Alloy.

The following are the grouses I have on the XE -

1) Mud Flaps are not standard, I took my truck home on the 4th of Aug and they are still not available, please get them fitted out of the showroom in case you pick up one.

2) No Rear parking sensors, let alone the camera, this is a miss.

The following points made me go for the XE.

1) The Rear Tailgate Applique is Matt Black and look fantastic on the Pearl White shade, a stark contrast makes it really good (I personally feel better than the Chrome).

2) Initially I was kinda wary of the black colored ORVM's and door handles but again on the Pearl White shade they actually look good in contrast.

3) Super Duper VFM pricing, heck Duster 85PS, Ameos DSG, Ciaz, Scorpio S4 are priced in the same territory, at this price point it was a no brainer.

4) Huge Gap in the XE and XM pricing (more than 2L).

5) I have this concept on buying cars, Buy at a Lower Entry Price (if features and mechanicals are more or less the same) so that the dent on the wallet is minimal while selling it off (especially if buying anything beyond a Maruti or Hyundai).

Mark my words, Drive it once and you shall appreciate and love the product for my words might fall short. You would just want to lay your hands on it.

Wish you luck with your shopping !!

PS: Modification, Got the OE Door Visors (~ Rs 2300, worth every penny, I got them as a freebie) and they look classy, I personally think there is nothing else needed.

Last edited by Torquedo : 22nd August 2017 at 09:28.
Torquedo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:04   #2721
BHPian

Quote:

Certainly not KHT. They will suck your life out.. My experience.

Regarding accessories. Try Mansoor from Prerna Motors 9845136162.Wonderful guy.

Regards
Sandy
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:43   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I'm getting mine through KHT domlur. Didn't negotiate any discount but got to do finance and insurance outside. If you want to speak to the sales rep ask for Naga Charan.

Thank you. Will reach out to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Why not Prerana? There are pretty good reviews about them as well and they have won a lot of awards from TML for their PV division.

Coming to the sunroof, I am pretty sure that if you approach Webasto on your own, they should offer you a better deal than via the dealer/TML.

On the other side, I would strongly recommend you take a close look at their quality of work (the roofs by themselves are good) done at their Bangalore outlet and ask for customer references before you get your vehicle's roof cut. Wrongly installed sunroofs cause a host of issues which can completely sour your ownership experience.

Thanks Devdath. Let me reach out to Prerana as well. You are right on Webasto - will have to do some research on it before going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post

Regarding accessories. Try Mansoor from Prerna Motors 9845136162.Wonderful guy.

Regards

Sandy

Boy! That's scary. Thanks for sharing coordinates - I spoke to him and established a connect.

Thank you guys for your inputs, as always very helpful.
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:35   #2723
BHPian

Quote:

Whats the quote you are getting for on road price? Also any discounts offered upfront or on the accessories?
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:14   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Whats the quote you are getting for on road price? Also any discounts offered upfront or on the accessories?
Corporate discount of Rs. 5000 & Hexa branded mats, mudflaps, perfume, idol. These are the max I could get from the local dealer. There seems to be a rush to buy before the anticipated GST hike happens & dealers are utilising the same to pursue customers to buy quickly.
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:38   #2725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post

Regards
Sandy

Thankfully my experience has been good with them. It perhaps depends on the Sales Rep and how you negotiate with them..
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:35   #2726
BHPian

My friend waiting for his Hexa XTA to be delivered was told by SA in Noida dealership that they have already sold 3X of july sales already till last week. There is further demand due to price hike anticipation next months. This is the main reason they are not negotiating big on discounts .
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:23   #2727
BHPian

Similar story on the discounts at Pune. Discounts if any, will be offered on in-stock vehicles however, there is absolutely no discount on vehicle that will be freshly ordered. Got to know that they are selling about 40-50 units at this dealership.
Any inputs from Pune folks on what to expect and how much to negotiate to extract some freebies in cash or kind?
My attempts on phone so far hasn't yielded any result. Hopefully things will be different when I am at the table with the booking cheque.
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:03   #2728
BANNED

This thread just hit 25,00,000 views in just 9 months. Speaks a lot about how much interest this product has created in the market.
Old 24th August 2017, 20:50   #2729
BHPian

Got a call from KHT that Tata Motors has intimated them that the price for Hexa is going to be hiked by ~1.5L from tomorrow. The SE urged me to visit dealership & book immediately, failing which the higher price would be applicable for cars booked tomorrow onwards. When I asked for a re-confirmation (because AFAIK the ordinance for increasing GST cess to 25% hasn't been passed yet & is expected to be put forth in the coming week/s), I was told it was the info sent from the parent company.

I couldn't make time. Maybe this is a sales bluff, can someone please confirm ?

Background :
I have been trying to co-ordinate for a TD since a week/10days. The sales guy initially assured of a TD the very next morning. The next evening when I called he said the car has gone for repairs. No probs, happens. After a few days he informed that he'll come Monday morning 10am. I diligently followed up on Monday, but then he kept delaying to 11:30, then 12:30, then to 1:30, then 2pm. Finally at 3 he told me car is not available for TD as somebody had a confirmed time-slot appointment! Still I readily agreed if he could bring it anytime post noon on Tuesday. No luck. Then yesterday also they didn't call. Today he calls & drops this bomb.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 24th August 2017 at 20:52.
Old 24th August 2017, 21:26   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Today he calls & drops this bomb.
Skip the dealer, go to another one, TD it in the showroom and book there.
Had similar experience during my purchase. I promptly shifted to another dealer and the experience was very smooth and delightful.
If you like the product, don't let a few elements like this effect your decisions. After all, the car is going to be with you for a few years. Buying experience is just for a month or two. And the after sales too is amazing.

Speaking of which, i wonder what's holding the moderators back even after we requested them to change the line in the opening post. TASS is not a hit or a miss anymore. Definitely not with Hexa, Tiago and Tigor. You guys can check with individual owners if required. But that one false line is going to have its effect.
abhi7013 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks