Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 09:03   #3946

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

My JeepLife app on iPhone hasn't been syncing for last two weeks. Any tips/tricks to make it syncing again, other than attempting a re-install of the app?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeplife.jpg
Old 19th October 2022, 09:35   #3947

Hello Team bhpians

Please need your suggestions/ comments on my next SUV Jeep Compass version

My requirement / needs - want to upgrade my 2nd car to an SUV - mostly leisure drive, i don't have daily commute currently on my 2nd car due to WFH. Travel/ road trips with new car will be once in 2 - 3 months. I am in Noida NCR so need to be mindful of diesel 10 year use in case I go for the same.

I am considering / shortlisting one of the 2 models - :
1. Compass AT Petrol - Limited or Anniversary edition costing OTR 30L + I am considering 1.5 L (Added warranty, Accessories, PPF)
2. Compass Diesel Manual - Limited or Anniversary edition - costing about a lakh more than above

*AT Diesel (4*4) - I am planning to eliminate as it is a huge stretch on my budget and 4*4 is not a dire use also for me currently. but if shelling a few lakhs more is really worth, I may consider.

I have already booked a hector (waiting for their facelift) and XUV 700 but their waiting period is now irritating and I need car by year end.

Any experience of sales and ASS with Landmark Jeep (Sarita Vihar, Delhi) or Noida - please let me know.

Pros (I have observed with Compass)
- Drive-ability and Ride pleasure (literally unmatched by all other near SUV's i test drove)
- Cabin experience (my wife and kid cudnt be more happier in any other car during TDs)
- Butchy sUV looks and Jeep brand - ofcourse it plays a factor
- Panaromic Sunroof (in Ltd option) - a must have for my 5 yr old - her only criteria

Concerns (I have observed/ heard with Compass)
- The compact rear seating space - mostly we will be 4 or 5 with a kid so it may work but its too compact
- ASS experience / many threads where I am hearing the car is in the showroom for 30 odd days for fixes. Will getting a full 5 year warranty atleast reduce the pocket burn headachce?
- Drive wise petrol AT drove fine for me in TD's ofcourse there is an initial lag but i am back of the mind thinking do i need a powerful (diesel) engine as my other car (not an SUV) but also a petrol 1.3 L

I am planning to book end of this week, so your suggestions and expert comments welcome.
Sreespace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:47   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreespace View Post
Hello Team bhpians

My requirement / needs - want to upgrade my 2nd car to an SUV - mostly leisure drive, i don't have daily commute currently on my 2nd car due to WFH. Travel/ road trips with new car will be once in 2 - 3 months. I am in Noida NCR so need to be mindful of diesel 10 year use in case I go for the same.

I am considering / shortlisting one of the 2 models - :
1. Compass AT Petrol - Limited or Anniversary edition costing OTR 30L + I am considering 1.5 L (Added warranty, Accessories, PPF)
2. Compass Diesel Manual - Limited or Anniversary edition - costing about a lakh more than above

*AT Diesel (4*4) - I am planning to eliminate as it is a huge stretch on my budget and 4*4 is not a dire use also for me currently. but if shelling a few lakhs more is really worth, I may consider.

I have already booked a hector (waiting for their facelift) and XUV 700 but their waiting period is now irritating and I need car by year end.

Any experience of sales and ASS with Landmark Jeep (Sarita Vihar, Delhi) or Noida - please let me know.

Pros (I have observed with Compass)
- Drive-ability and Ride pleasure (literally unmatched by all other near SUV's i test drove)
- Cabin experience (my wife and kid cudnt be more happier in any other car during TDs)
- Butchy sUV looks and Jeep brand - ofcourse it plays a factor
- Panaromic Sunroof (in Ltd option) - a must have for my 5 yr old - her only criteria

Concerns (I have observed/ heard with Compass)
- The compact rear seating space - mostly we will be 4 or 5 with a kid so it may work but its too compact
- ASS experience / many threads where I am hearing the car is in the showroom for 30 odd days for fixes. Will getting a full 5 year warranty atleast reduce the pocket burn headachce?
- Drive wise petrol AT drove fine for me in TD's ofcourse there is an initial lag but i am back of the mind thinking do i need a powerful (diesel) engine as my other car (not an SUV) but also a petrol 1.3 L

I am planning to book end of this week, so your suggestions and expert comments welcome.
I was in a similar situation, although the options I was considering were different (Taigun, Seltos, Harrier). I decided to go ahead with the Petrol auto S.

Personally if I were you I would be looking at the Diesel 4*4 or the Petrol Auto. I'm in Delhi/NCR, and and have taken it out on short highway stints and have not felt any lack of power so far, but the gearbox is dimwitted at times (shifts gears unnecessarily on occasion when you really gas it). It seats 5 adults just fine, but it can get a little snug, so for 5 adults its best for trips under 3 hours, or take a few more breaks on longer journeys.

I got the 5 year warranty, but I would advise you not to get it at the time of delivery. if you wait a few weeks and then enquire, landmark will give you offers. I managed to get teflon coating, 1 time dry cleaning, 1 time teflon coating, 10% off my next service, and 1 time wheel alignment included with 5 year warranty.

I have availed the teflon coating and they did a decent job, but took a few hours longer than claimed.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 00:36   #3949

Dear members. I am trying to find all terrain tyres for my 2017 JC LIMITED 4X4. Any help on which ones to go for will be highly appreciated.
Old 21st October 2022, 16:51   #3950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smd2012 View Post
Dear members. I am trying to find all terrain tyres for my 2017 JC LIMITED 4X4. Any help on which ones to go for will be highly appreciated.
If you are looking at stock size then you can check GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60 R17

Jeep Compass : Official Review-t4.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-t3.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 19:59   #3951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I just bought mine from Landmark Noida and am very happy with the sales experience. The Sales Advisor was very polite and accommodating. Service I am yet to experience the same.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 08:46   #3952
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team
I am using a Compass 4x4 AT diesel for a year now. This is my recommendation:

1. Skip 4x4 if you have very limited off-roading plan. For limited “bad” road driving, even a JC 4x2 will suffice
2. Don’t buy petrol. You will regret. I found petrol to be delivering insufficient power.
3. Diesel manual would have been my choice if I were to buy now.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd October 2022 at 11:01. Reason: Typo
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 11:20   #3953
BHPian

Shifting the query from another thread for want of a response.
Hey Everyone,

I have recently acquired a new Jeep Compass MT. Has run just 350 kms. I find that my key less entry( knob on the door) doesn't work if I want to lock the car. I have to use the remote key to do that. It automatically opens the car if reach the door though. Sorry I have been too lazy to go through the manual.

Regards
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 14:52   #3954

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I am using a Compass 4x4 AT diesel for a year now. This is my recommendation:

1. Skip 4x4 if you have very limited off-roading plan. For limited “bad” road driving, even a JC 4x2 will suffice
2. Don’t buy petrol. You will regret. I found petrol to be delivering insufficient power.
3. Diesel manual would have been my choice if I were to buy now.
Thanks, quote a practical view that is. I am now inclined to remove petrol AT from my consideration because of the under powered engine and FE concerns even despite the 10 yr diesel rule in NCR. Diesel manual fits fine but then mind says for a difference of another 3 -4 lakhs, why skip manual plus that 4*4 option even though you wud have that 'one day i will engage 4*4 on a difficult terrain' moment. My current baleno is manual which i wud like to keep for another 5 years hence preferring AT this time.
Old 22nd October 2022, 20:13   #3955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Shifting the query from another thread for want of a response.
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I have been too lazy to go through the manual.

Regards
You should.

When pressing the button make sure you don’t wrap your fingers around the door handle. The sensors that unlock are behind the door handle. Just use your finger to press the button.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:29   #3956

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhana View Post
My JeepLife app on iPhone hasn't been syncing for last two weeks. Any tips/tricks to make it syncing again, other than attempting a re-install of the app?

Attachment 2369987

I faced a similar issue one year after purchase. Probably the back end team did not renew the subscription which they did after I lodged a complaint and some one came from Jeep service centre to reset the data. Its strange that the data transmission from the device gets stuck if the data sync is broken for some duration. This problem was acknowledged by the person who came to reset the device.
After reset everything went back to normal.
wbp.rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:57   #3957

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Can someone who has bought a used compass recently or gone through the grind please help me with how much should I try to lock in the deal at?

Also, the dealer said the warranty can be extended before it ends. Is this true?
Hi, I bought a 2018 Compass Petrol AT Limited (O) just last month for 13.75lacs (RC transfer worth ~50k included). The Car was 8/10 on the outside and 9/10 inside. Mechanicals I would rate at 8ish/10 (haven't used it much as I was out of station).

Not sure what a 2019 would go for, but anything above 16l feels overpriced (wouldn't have paid more than 15l for H1-2019 manufacturing).
Hope this helps.
kenprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:48   #3958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team bhpians

The experience completely depends on the particular Sale/Service Advisor you deal with. I had a pretty good experience this time with Landmark Gurgaon. Details here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5426371 (My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review)

For folks looking at service costs. I paid INR 12,875 (excluding wheel balancing/align.) for the first service at 15000km for my 4X4 Diesel AT. This is even lower than what was quoted by some of the members who own a diesel MT. Hope they didnt forget something.

Edit:

Btw, my insurance is up for renewal as I complete one year of ownership. Tata Aig has quoted 34k + 5k(tire protect) + 4k (Return to Invoice) = INR 43K. This is for an IDV of INR 22.81 L

Can anyone tell me if this is a good quote?

Last edited by Pancham : 23rd October 2022 at 10:57.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 10:17   #3959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
You should.

When pressing the button make sure you don’t wrap your fingers around the door handle. The sensors that unlock are behind the door handle. Just use your finger to press the button.
Dear Pancham, Thanks for your reply. I am out of station. Will check once back. It works and unlocks the door automatically when I reach near it but doesn't lock the car, when I push the door knob, while exiting. I have to use the car key fob to do that.

Regards
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 18:33   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team bhpians

I would suggest you to avoid Jeep solely due to the horror stories of unexpected breakdowns. Hector is a really good product and the reported ASS experience is kind of opposite from Jeep’s. I have driven both the cars and although jeeps drivability is superior, MG’s ultra soft suspension will prove it’s worth quite frequently on our roads.

If you still want to go with the compass , choose diesel over petrol irrespective of your planned miles.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th October 2022 at 18:45. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Eco_boost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks