Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 14:07   #76
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Review went up on 21st June. And we are still at Page 5 on 29th June.

This must be one of the quietest Official Review threads in recent memory; not to distract from the quality of the review though. Speaks more to the lack of interest or passion it evokes in TBHP at least.

The real world sales numbers will be interesting to note.
DaiusPitar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 10:25   #77
BHPian

I'm planning to buy the base J variant with manual transmission. Almost had my heart set for the new Swift when I test drove the Yaris and the decision to increase the budget and reduce the features was made. In a pothole ridden country that we drive in, the price for that ride quality alone is well worth it. Add to that safety, refinement and quality that comes standard with the Toyota badge and I know it won't be a wrong buy for me and my family. My only concern is on the maintenance costs. Will they be as high as City's or should I expect them to be closer to the Ciaz's?
R.Daroga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 15:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
I'm planning to buy the base J variant with manual transmission. Almost had my heart set for the new Swift when I test drove the Yaris and the decision to increase the budget and reduce the features was made. In a pothole ridden country that we drive in, the price for that ride quality alone is well worth it. Add to that safety, refinement and quality that comes standard with the Toyota badge and I know it won't be a wrong buy for me and my family. My only concern is on the maintenance costs. Will they be as high as City's or should I expect them to be closer to the Ciaz's?
Expect them to be lowest in the segment. Toyota has stellar reliability and this being a base manual with s simple 1.5L NA motor should be bulletproof.
I would say that this would be cheaper than a Ciaz to maintain, no doubts about that.
Doge is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 11:15   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Do check out the Verna petrol too before you take a leap. IT has much more to offer in terms of build quality engine refinement and much more. Will last a lifetime. Tested both Yaris and Verna Petrol models before taking on the Verna . Completely satisfied with my decision. Yaris is less car for the money you pay.
Old 4th July 2018, 16:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to buy the base J variant with manual transmission
Brilliant choice. You've got a simple reliable and extremely safe car - You really can't go wrong. I'm also tempted by the base Yaris for my eventual upgrade.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 07:48   #81
BHPian

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/

Extract: Yaris is now showing initial signs of struggle and the sales have already dropped to <2k mark. Toyota needs to act fast to capitalize on the initial launch fanfare.

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-sedan.jpg
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 23:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Do check out the Verna petrol too before you take a leap. IT has much more to offer in terms of build quality engine refinement and much more. Will last a lifetime. Tested both Yaris and Verna Petrol models before taking on the Verna . Completely satisfied with my decision. Yaris is less car for the money you pay.
Congratulations on the Verna! Unfortunately, my budget only allows me the base variant and in that range, I feel the Yaris scores over the Verna. Will still try out the Verna though before making the final decision. Thanks a lot.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

So to summarize winners of the following parameters reading all the reviews here at TeamBHP:

Best in cabin NVH: Yaris. Surprisingly the first car in any segment to beat an equivalent Hyundai of the segment. Shows what Toyota is capable of but somehow does not want to do it for the Indian market. City and Ciaz come second last and last. Not considering diesels here .

Space and back seat comfort: Honda City and Ciaz a close second due to its awkward back seat followed by Yaris and Verna??

Engine performance: Honda City and Verna a close second followed by Yaris and Ciaz.

Safety: Yaris by a big margin. Verna followed by the Ciaz and City (lower variants) who are the worst of the lot purely on build quality and safety features.

Fuel efficiency: Ciaz all the way with City and Yaris nearly equal to each other. Verna the worst.

Handling: City followed by Yaris, Verna and the Ciaz.

After sales and maintenance: To early to say if the Yaris will be a clear winner so all are equally good here as of now.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 10:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Review went up on 21st June. And we are still at Page 5 on 29th June.

This must be one of the quietest Official Review threads in recent memory; not to distract from the quality of the review though. Speaks more to the lack of interest or passion it evokes in TBHP at least.

The real world sales numbers will be interesting to note.
That crown would easily go to the Captur review. Review up in March and Still on 6th page

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post

Space and back seat comfort: Honda City and Ciaz a close second due to its awkward back seat followed by Yaris and Verna??
Space, yes. But back seat comfort? - I would say Verna is slightly better in terms of seat cushioning and recline. I found the Verna back seats very comfortable

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 6th July 2018 at 10:50.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:49   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

@SPARKled; I am sure that the Yaris will have an annual service interval, while Honda will insist on six monthly. Saves a lot of hassle and cost. By and large I expect part durability on Toyota & Honda to be about the same.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 12:23   #86
BHPian

Spotted Yaris for 2nd time, this time it was a red car. Again it was driven by middle aged lady and she was all alone. Is it favorite amongst fairer sex population or is it primarily bought as 2nd car in family as city runabout. With its smaller dimensions and wrap around feeling from driver's seat should help in city maneuverability.

Please see my earlier post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4408050
Old 6th July 2018, 12:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@SPARKled; I am sure that the Yaris will have an annual service interval,
Yes. I had confirmed this while visiting dealer for test drive. Also, mentioned in our official review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

• The first 3 services have free labour. Initial intervals are 1,000 km / 1 month, 10,000 km / 12 months and 20,000 km / 24 months.
Old 7th July 2018, 19:40   #88
BHPian

Anyone has a 0-100 timing for the manual?
Old 7th July 2018, 21:58   #89

Quote:
Anyone has a 0-100 timing for the manual?
It's 12.39sec according to autocar.

Link
danF is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 22:55   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danF View Post
It's 12.39sec according to autocar.

Link
Oopsie, that's a lot of time for a C2 sedan. For reference, 2.5 tonne Storme Varicor 400 does 0-100 in 12.8s .

But hey I don't think Yaris buyer cares two cents about 0-100 sprint timings.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed