Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2019, 22:46   #166
BHPian
 
Ram78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 27
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

For those in Hyderabad , the 2018 Yaris J variant has a cash discount of INR 100,000 and 10,000 worth of accessories are also being provided.When i enquired today,Grey and Phantom Brown colors are available.

For 2019 variant i was offered INR 30000 cash discount + 10,000 worth of accessories.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 21:36   #167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 146
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Going by the discounts being served on Yaris in the previous pages, I went to Toyota outlet in Gurgaon today to see Yaris as I am on lookout for a petrol automatic. So Toyota says that they don't have 2019 inventories for Yaris yet in mid-Feb 2019, all models available are from 2018. I know that Yaris is not selling well but this was certainly not expected. I prod them to share the discounts since the cars are from 2018. The discounts are like 20k corporate plus 20k on exchange along with best rates if you choose to finance. And I am like really Toyota - you have 2018 inventories, you may not even be manufacturing new cars in 2019, how is this lame discounting going to help anyone? And this is situation in a tier 1 city like Gurgaon, not in any tier 2 or 3 city.
I was told to wait 1 more month to get fab discounts - not sure what do I read into this statement. Pretty disappointed with how Toyota is trudging on Yaris - seems like lack of strategy.

Last edited by headbanger : 16th February 2019 at 21:39.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 23:55   #168
BHPian
 
cs_rajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

I approached a nearby dealer office and I too enquired around for a AT variant and asked for best discount offers and I too was told that only 2018 vehicles are available and on those the discount can go upto 1.5 lakhs. I requested for proforma Invoice with discount mentioned and I am awaiting for that to be sent to me.
cs_rajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 02:30   #169
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: BLR, CCU
Posts: 8
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

I am looking to upgrade from a hatchback to a sedan and seeing the discounts posted in the previous threads, went to Nandi Toyota, Bansawadi today to test drive and talk about the pricing.

The test drive was for around 7-8 km stretch in a V manual model as they don't have demo cars for the top end version.

First impressions:
  • The car is quite plush, and feels rich
  • The engine felt under powered, but to be honest, I really had no chance to test it in the ORR traffic at 5 pm on a Saturday evening
  • Suspension is a bit hard, not as cushy as my i20 in the low speeds
  • Rear space is only for 2 adults and a very slim kid. Even the sales rep told me it’s a 4 seater. Looking for more sq ft per money, please visit their Japanese counterpart
  • Seat material is fabulous, nice mix of soft and premium, the wife was happy and this means lot for Toyota
  • Driving experience – I really don’t have anything to complain in the 8 kms that I have driven. Clutch is light, travel is much shorter than my i20, steering is nice to hold
  • Steering mounted controls are not illuminated
  • Toyota sales rep, finance guy, accessories persons, heck even the person serving coffee, they are a notch above anybody. I had experience with Ford, Cauvery and Elite – they have appalling attitude. Forget coffee, they never ever asked if needed a glass of water. Elite Ford is the worst – they behave as if they are doing you a favour by letting you walk into their showroom. Hyundai – professional guys but again, never even ask if you need a glass of water (these are experiences 6 years back and they might have become more humane by now)
Now for the pricing. I was quoted a standard pricing of Rs. 163,35,133. Without any haggling the pricing became 147,00,00 + 5,000 worth of accessories. This is with bumper to bumper insurance and without extended warranty. The flat discount is 130,000. This only for the 2018 model and there are no discounts for a 2019 model. Accessories are extra and the main issue with the car, the driver armrest, can be changed at a sum of 9k to give a more user friendly option.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th February 2019 at 04:21. Reason: Removed font tags.
dgogold is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 03:33   #170
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,921
Thanked: 5,585 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I am like really Toyota - you have 2018 inventories, you may not even be manufacturing new cars in 2019, how is this lame discounting going to help anyone? And this is situation in a tier 1 city like Gurgaon, not in any tier 2 or 3 city.
I was told to wait 1 more month to get fab discounts - not sure what do I read into this statement.
With Grace Toyota almost closing down, this was bound to happen. They were more aggressive amongst the Toyota dealers in NCR. Toyota otherwise also does not practice or believe in passing high rebates so they control production & instead of asking dealers to stock large inventories encourage them to order only as per demand. Even though MGF may be a large dealer with multiple outlets, they also work like Toyota and will hardly have any cars on stocks, especially the ones like Yaris which are slow moving. I am not sure if the comments to wait for another month were sarcastic or they have some information but if you have made up mind on buying one, you should try some dealers in smaller cities, like Chandigarh or even Ghaziabad. Good thing is that Toyota does not stop any dealer selling in any territory.
Turbanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 13:02   #171
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Toyota otherwise also does not practice or believe in passing high rebates so they control production & instead of asking dealers to stock large inventories encourage them to order only as per demand. Even though MGF may be a large dealer with multiple outlets, they also work like Toyota and will hardly have any cars on stocks, especially the ones like Yaris which are slow moving. I am not sure if the comments to wait for another month were sarcastic or they have some information...
I was informed by the dealer in Bangalore to book 2019 model and wait for 30-45 days as the 2019 models are made to order! Does it sound abnormal or sarcastic? Also, the 2018 models available are all either june or july 2018 manufactured ones. Aren't they too old?
vivek_lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 15:33   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 146
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
With Grace Toyota almost closing down, this was bound to happen. They were more aggressive amongst the Toyota dealers in NCR. Toyota otherwise also does not practice or believe in passing high rebates so they control production & instead of asking dealers to stock large inventories encourage them to order only as per demand. Even though MGF may be a large dealer with multiple outlets, they also work like Toyota and will hardly have any cars on stocks, especially the ones like Yaris which are slow moving. I am not sure if the comments to wait for another month were sarcastic or they have some information but if you have made up mind on buying one, you should try some dealers in smaller cities, like Chandigarh or even Ghaziabad. Good thing is that Toyota does not stop any dealer selling in any territory.
I am quite sure the comment was not in sarcastic tone - the moot point is that they are sitting on 2018 inventories (not sure which month of 2018) waiting till March 2019 to roll out discounts to clear the inventories. I am still not able to get it neither from dealer's perspective or from manufacturer's one. May be I haven't come across such strategies earlier owing to only dealing with the likes of Marutis and Hyundais who are every aggressive when it comes to clearing inventories .
I think I will need to stick by Gurgaon dealer only as the car will be on lease. Thank you for letting me know that Toyota doesn't have rules regarding territories.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCOOP PICS : Toyota Yaris hatch caught testing! svsantosh The Indian Car Scene 71 7th May 2015 20:12
Toyota small car may use Yaris platform askicode The Indian Car Scene 5 11th January 2008 08:38
Toyota YARIS, the Fiesta beater ??? Mpower The Indian Car Scene 27 11th January 2006 05:12
Scoop: Toyota Yaris testing in Bangalore?? v1p3r The Indian Car Scene 24 10th May 2005 12:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks