Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 12:17   #136
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Upto Rs 1 lac offer on the Toyota Yaris.
Very awkward times for those who defended the launch price without any logic!

Some of the replies were outright funny. Some said Toyota doesn't want Yaris to sell in big numbers and that they are planning to maintain exclusivity while some were hell bent on trying to convince all that Toyota will Never Ever give discounts.

This right here is a perfect example of how you should Love/defend the car and not the Brand . Hope people learn.

PS: Hope people support the current owners in getting some refund or some extra offers like extended warranty for free. This was heavily discussed during Scross 1.6 price reduction saga!

Last edited by RaghuVis : 14th November 2018 at 12:20. Reason: Added PS
RaghuVis is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:50   #137
Senior - BHPian

Can someone call out what is the engine oil recommended for the Yaris as per the Manual? (In terms of 0W 20, 5W 30 etc type of ratings?)
Old 17th November 2018, 20:25   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Can someone call out what is the engine oil recommended for the Yaris as per the Manual? (In terms of 0W 20, 5W 30 etc type of ratings?)

SAE 5W-30

Source: https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docu...f/OM52G64U.pdf
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 19:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
Not quite. The one in the test has just 2 Airbag as opposed to 7 in the Indian Yaris. Does make a difference.
Test was for front impact only, point to be noted here is how the part from the A pillar to B pillar crumbles! BUT I don't think its fair to compare our Yaris with this hatch, God know what modifications were made to it!

If Toyota could get their Indian version tested and get 5-stars, it will surely boost customer confidence, just like how Nexon gained good popularity.
Old 6th December 2018, 06:25   #140
BHPian

Toyota December Offer - up to Rs. 1,00,000 on Yaris

https://static.toyotabharat.com/imag...ber-2018-b.jpg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-rememberdecember2018b.jpg
Old 6th December 2018, 15:59   #141
BHPian

Just read these figures of just 600 units in the month of November and the car is being rated as a big time flop launch of the year among the sedan category. I am told that there was no production in the month of November by a Toyota dealer of NCR. A friend who is taking the delivery of his car tomorrow has 0818 as manufacturing date. Company and its dealers are busy liquidating old unsold stock.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:33   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Just read these figures of just 600 units in the month of November and the car is being rated as a big time flop launch of the year among the sedan category.
Yes. That's correct. As per figures from http://www.autopunditz.com/ following are the sales figure for sedans in this category in Nov'18

Ciaz: 3838
City: 3531
Verna: 2558
Rapid: 809
Yaris: 600
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 23:33   #143

Toyota is not Hyundai, Maruti, Tata or alike brand.
Innova took about 2+ years to really establish itself as a de facto MUV in India too... Its a slow learning market.
Old 19th December 2018, 14:29   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Toyota December Offer - up to Rs. 1,00,000 on Yaris

https://static.toyotabharat.com/imag...ber-2018-b.jpg

Attachment 1825360
Just bought the Yaris Vx CVT variant in pearl white. The initial sales pitch was the discount is up to ₹1Lac depending on a combination of offers availed. After pushing them around with, "OMG your sooooo expensive compared to the Verna and the City", got the discount increased to ₹1.25 Lacs without conditions.

Chose the Yaris because the Verna felt cramped compared to the Yaris and it's rear coupe-like roofline caused a few hits on the head when entering the car.

Another important reason was Toyota's reliability, so I know the car will last years without hiccups. Delivery is next week, shall try to post a few pics etc then.
mikem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 15:24   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Just bought the Yaris Vx CVT variant in pearl white.
Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the Yaris owner club in team-bhp!!!. If I am not wrong, you are the second person to own Yaris in our forum. I will look forward to your ownership report.
Old 19th December 2018, 15:43   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Just bought the Yaris Vx CVT variant in pearl white. The initial sales pitch was the discount is up to ₹1Lac depending on a combination of offers availed. After pushing them around with, "OMG your sooooo expensive compared to the Verna and the City", got the discount increased to ₹1.25 Lacs without conditions.

Chose the Yaris because the Verna felt cramped compared to the Yaris and it's rear coupe-like roofline caused a few hits on the head when entering the car.

Another important reason was Toyota's reliability, so I know the car will last years without hiccups. Delivery is next week, shall try to post a few pics etc then.

Congratulations mikem! I think it is a very wise purchase. If I were in the market for a sedan, I'd go for it too. Bulletproof Toyota reliability + Safety specs + 1.25 L discount make it a very sweat deal. Wish you many miles of safe and happy driving.
Old 19th December 2018, 22:08   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase. Can you please share the break up of 1.25L - the reason being when I enquired about 1L discount as being marketed, I was told about 40k discount on car loan(which means only if you are getting financing from Toyota) + 15k on insurance which means only if you are getting insurance from Toyota) + 25k as exchange bonus (which means you have something to exchange) + some accessories.
Most of the above discounts were not applicable to my case. So just asking if 1.25L discount which you got on similar lines.
Old 20th December 2018, 08:24   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Can you please share the break up of 1.25L - the reason being when I enquired about 1L discount as being marketed, I was told about 40k discount on car loan(which means only if you are getting financing from Toyota) + 15k on insurance which means only if you are getting insurance from Toyota) + 25k as exchange bonus (which means you have something to exchange) + some accessories.
Most of the above discounts were not applicable to my case. So just asking if 1.25L discount which you got on similar lines.
It was a flat ₹1.25 off the final invoice. No finance, full payment.

Invoice includes TOYOTA return to invoice insurance cover, extended warranty and I did remove one accessory from the standard accessory package. That’s all. It wasn’t much of a haggle, finished the negotiation in five minutes.

Found it to be a good deal as the total was close to the Verna and Honda offers. If TOYOTA makes this a permanent reduction they will easily double their Yaris sales.
mikem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 15:43   #149

Can anyone suggest good accessories shop in Delhi (preferably West Delhi) to get good beige colour Mats and illuminated scuff plates for Yaris ?
mehargags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:29   #150
BHPian

Had a TD today here in Bangalore, was told that there's a cash discount of ~ 1.2-1.3L on the 2018 models. Also, all variants (2018) seems to be in stock! I was even told that the prices of 2019 models is expected to come down and that the exact pricing hasn't been revealed yet (kept pressing for the pricing but to no avail). Liked the car but will check out Verna and City (and the offers they can come up with) too before taking a decision.
vivek_lm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed