Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 10:46   #106
BHPian

Well to begin with, they should have priced the G variant below 10 lakh. At least the Mt variant. I was a prospective buyer for Yaris. However can't really convince myself to pay 10.56 lakh ex-showroom for the G variant. G variant costs 1.3 lakhs more than J variant and I do not see any features in G that warrants this huge difference. So had to drop Yaris altogether sadly.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 15:04   #107
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The other day halted next to gentleman driving a Yaris at the signal and asked about the mileage. He replied 15 to 16. I forgot to ask him the transmission type.
Your post reminded me of this link shared earlier where zigwheels claimed 16.4 as city efficiency.

Quote:
There isn’t a typo in the table. The Yaris did manage to have a nearly identical tested fuel economy in the city and the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
So had to drop Yaris altogether sadly.
Considering the auto is 30 35 percent more efficient , does it upset the cost comparison?

Also if the efficiency is so good, why doesn't Toyota advertise it more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Friends, finally took delivery of Toyota Yaris V CVT Pearl White today.
You are one person that can clear some doubts how's the ownership coming along? Eagerly awaiting your report.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 08:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The other day halted next to gentleman driving a Yaris at the signal and asked about the mileage. He replied 15 to 16. I forgot to ask him the transmission type. Wonder if it' s possible to get such a mileage in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Your post reminded me of this link shared earlier where zigwheels claimed 16.4 as city efficiency.

Also if the efficiency is so good, why doesn't Toyota advertise it more?

Due to work related activities, I could hardly take Yaris V CVT on a long drive. Sorry for the delay in replying so late.
I recently completed a long drive and am in position to provide some clarity surrounding fuel efficiency.
These are still readings from MID and I need to collect more readings to provide fuel efficiency based on tank-to-tank method.

All drives with AC ON and temperature kept around 24 degrees.

City (Pune)
Average mileage: 9.5 to 10.8 kmpl
Worst mileage: 7.8 kmpl
Best mileage: 11.5 kmpl

Highway
Average mileage: 15.2 to 15.9 kmpl
Best mileage: 16.5 kmpl
Worst mileage: 13.4 kmpl

Last edited by Simhi : 26th September 2018 at 08:23. Reason: mentioned variant
Simhi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:02   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
These are still readings from MID and I need to collect more readings to provide fuel efficiency based on tank-to-tank method.

All drives with AC ON and temperature kept around 24 degrees.
Thanks a lot Simhi. Seems like typical 1.5 petrol CVT figures, no majic there. But need to bother you one more time, how many Kms has you car done? Aren't these figures supposed to get better after the first service?
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 06:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
how many Kms has you car done? Aren't these figures supposed to get better after the first service?
Due to work related activities, I am hardly able to take the car out. I am inching towards 1500kms. I am also hoping mileage improves further after car clocks 5000kms.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 07:31   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's Yaris faces extinction... very soon! Even the 'OLD' Rapid sells more then the 'NEW' Yaris!

It proves again, its all in the pricing, whether it is Maruti or Toyota and the market is not forgiving!

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-1.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th October 2018 at 07:34.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 15:29   #112
BHPian

Another disastrous move by Toyota. The price of Yaris base model 'J' (manual) which according to me was the only value for money offering has been hiked from 8.75L to 9.29L ex-showroom Delhi.
Akshay2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 21:02   #113
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Rijesh for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Toyota has increased the price of the base J variant of the Yaris. The manual has gone up by Rs. 54,000 while the automatic variant now costs Rs. 4,000 more.

The new ex-showroom prices are as follows:
J manual - Rs. 9,29,000
J automatic - Rs. 9,99,000

Prices of the other variants remain the same.
ChiragM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 11:53   #114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Toyota has increased the price of the base J variant of the Yaris. The manual has gone up by Rs. 54,000 while the automatic variant now costs Rs. 4,000 more.
So basically (pun intended), and like most launches I might add, the base variant was priced to show a 'low entry' point.

Well, that obviously didn't work as the other variants were overpriced . Merely 595 units sold in September 2018. The Lexus-like pricing killed this otherwise decent sedan. I wouldn't consider the Yaris to be class-leading, but if it was priced better, it certainly deserved more sales.

Don't be greedy, Toyota. You can get away with overpricing on UVs that have established their marques, but not anywhere else.

If anyone is buying the Yaris, please bargain hard. You should be able to get 6-figure discounts.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2018 at 12:23.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 12:54   #115
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The new ex-showroom prices are as follows:
J manual - Rs. 9,29,000
J automatic - Rs. 9,99,000
Coincidentally, on Friday (Oct 5), a friend and I saw these prices on the website of a local (Bangalore) Toyota dealership and did not realize it was the updated/new pricing (obviously they didn't call it out since it was a hike!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone is buying the Yaris, please bargain hard. You should be able to get 6-figure discounts.
Thanks!
My friend is considering buying the Yaris and I will tell him about the bargaining part

*The low numbers the Yaris is selling is quite evident - I had not seen a single Yaris on the road in Bangalore till yesterday!

Finally saw one in bumper to bumper traffic in the CBD area of the city and the car was a Phantom Brown colored G variant and I was driving right behind it.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2018 at 18:12. Reason: Typo fixed as requested
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 14:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

What you won't:

• Simply overpriced, especially the higher variants. Toyota has gotten it wrong
I think with the increase in base variant prices, the first page of official review probably can have a correction now to say that it's overpriced for all variants.

Although the launch price was to show a "low entry" point, it takes guts to increase price of a newly launched car so soon especially when its a sensational flop. These Japs have their own quirky minds I say!
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 11:04   #117
BHPian

What a self-sabotaging move! They keep flubbing up on some aspect or another hoping their UVs will magically cover for all their shortcomings.

If they really want to do well, they just might have to poach a few strategic thinkers from MS...Who ever is currently pushing their agenda in the country clearly needs a reality check!
Old 9th October 2018, 23:20   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post

If they really want to do well, they just might have to poach a few strategic thinkers from MS.
Correct. But I really wonder how the Ciaz guys managed things by just hiking 25k over the old Ciaz and giving loads of new features in the base model like hybrid, dual battrey of which one is a Toshiba lithium battery, new engine and much more. Still they are the cheapest in the segment!
Old 10th October 2018, 20:35   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post
Correct. But I really wonder how the Ciaz guys managed things by just hiking 25k over the old Ciaz and giving loads of new features in the base model like hybrid, dual battrey of which one is a Toshiba lithium battery, new engine and much more. Still they are the cheapest in the segment!
That 25k increase is just on paper. We bought the Ciaz last Dec and got almost 1lac discount. It was being heavily discounted. I suppose now the discounts have dried up and so the net price hike (ie what the customer ultimately pays) is much more than what Maruti would have us believe.

It still remains a wonderful value for money proposition. And Toyota has done them a favour with their own price points.
revintup is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 21:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota's Yaris faces extinction... very soon! Even the 'OLD' Rapid sells more then the 'NEW' Yaris! It proves again, its all in the pricing, whether it is Maruti or Toyota and the market is not forgiving!Source:Auto Punditz
Why do I get the feeling that the lack of a diesel + Price is the reason for the flop sales figures of the Yaris. Otherwise, it's a Toyota, well kitted out, safe styling, good service back up, neutral handling. I think they should add a slightly improved version of the Etios 1.4 D-4D, though it may not be viable when the BS VI norms kick in. I think there should be a downward price revision to incentivise sales.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed