Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2019, 17:02   #181
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Which showroom is this? Is 1.3 lks cash discount?
I have PM'ed you the details.
Old 20th February 2019, 22:31   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
Sorry for the confusion, but I was alluding to the ride comfort. From the official reviews, I could figure out that the Nexon's ride is a bit on the stiffer side, which is the only reason why I haven't TD'ed the car yet. I liked the suspension setup on the Yaris though, so I was looking at how the Nexon's fares in comparison. I'll be doing a TD soon to figure this out myself, but am curious to know your opinion too. Sorry again for the confusion.
Further to my earlier response, I took a TD of petrol manual Nexon top end post 7 pm today and rode it over most types of roads. The ride was both 'plush and comfortable' A few metres into the drive,i noticed a strange noise from the bonnet filtering into the cabin . It surely was not from the dash. Something like a 'grrr' sound whenever i gently press the accelerator. Happy with the SA that he atleast acknowledged the issue. I was like An almost new vehicle with 12900 odd on the odo has a technical problem! With this experience, the plushness and great comfort of the Nexon doesn't entice me anymore . I would as well go with a car which has its head and heart working properly. Beauty.. well i can perform some plastic surgery.

Considering the reviews of Nexon in this forum, the one i test drove might be the odd lemon in an otherwise great bunch.Will be taking a TD of the AMT petrol this week. I expect that experience to be good. Shall provide you with an update.

Did not come across such issues when I test drove the Yaris CVT. Driving it was like as they say - 'hot knife through butter'
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 08:28   #183
BHPian

Loved all the great points from the BHPians. I booked one for my dad, who is an enthusiast himself, though from the school of the sedate gentle cruise mode drivers, that are very fastidious about how their cars should be. He once told me to take an auto in the rain as he didn't want my (then) new Vento to get wet.

He had booked a swift automatic, but I convinced him to spend an extra 1.5L on the Yaris J, CVT. The J CVT seems great VFM with the larger boot, Toyota brand, service and the segment upgrade. Servicing costs are also lower and we hope it will age well. The ride is smooth, easy and boring. I prefer my Vento, but for the older gen, I think the Yaris makes a lot of sense at 10 - 12L. It's not car enough for more.
dingolphie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 18:03   #184
BHPian

Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Spot on Dingolphie. Owning a Vento and being familiar with my friends Yaris, me too is of the exact same opinion. Very good that the Swift was dropped for a sedan. Yaris is the best package for that money if you are not so an aggressive driver. And it offers the best safety too.
Old 26th February 2019, 18:57   #185
Senior - BHPian

Has the problem of driver arm rest been solved? It was too far back to be any usable, and ate up a lot of space for the third passenger on rear seat.

I came across this video which shows the installation of arm rest on Yaris, and it is where it should have been. Is this a non OEM arm rest being installed on base variant, or is the actual one getting moved ahead?

ani_meher is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:25   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
As for 'plush' question, it is a matter of individual taste. Personally, i liked 3 sides of the Nexon exterior and all sides of its interior better because of its black shades. The silver and glossy bits at the right places add to the sense of being a premium car. This is not to say that the Yaris is not plush. It sure is except for the fact that it is an all beige interior. I think except the top variants the rest come with fabric seats. So if you choosing say a J or a G variant, since the car has 7 air-bags, you cannot even put seat-covers. This means will have to live with the same seat cover ,the one you get along with the car when you purchase it, for the life of the car, till Toyota comes up with some alternative.
I was told by a Sales Executive of Radha Krishna Toyota, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad that seat covers for Yaris is already available as an accessory by Toyota. Seems it is made to order and front seat covers do not cover the side portions of the seats as the Airbags deploy from there. Apparently,there is no such limitation for the rear seats and can be fully covered
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 18:01   #187
Team-BHP Support

Toyota dealers are trying their best to sell Yaris. This is what a Bangalore dealer has on display.

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190302-16.19.06.jpeg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190302-16.17.21.jpeg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190302-16.18.33-1.jpeg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190302-16.18.33.jpeg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190302-16.20.53.jpeg

PS: don't miss the actual exhaust in the pic above.
Vid6639 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:01   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Toyota dealers are trying their best to sell Yaris. This is what a Bangalore dealer has on display.
Absolutely cringey! I really hope no one gets that body kit.

Coming back to the topic, I really wish Toyota themselves get a Dual Tone version since these dealer jobs can turn out to be of pathetic quality.

Also any idea how much discounts are going on on the Yaris? Are there any 2018 stocks left? Am not in the market for one, just curious.

Cheers!
Old 4th March 2019, 12:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post

Also any idea how much discounts are going on on the Yaris? Are there any 2018 stocks left? Am not in the market for one, just curious.

Cheers!
It's in the range of 1.3 to 1.5 lakhs in Hyderabad, based on the variants. Atleast till 2 weeks back, there were a few left.
Ram78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 05:05   #190
BHPian

Friends, seat covers for Toyota Yaris are available - both OEM and After Market ones. For more details, refer to post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4553768 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)
Simhi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 17:21   #191
BHPian

Yaris sales continue to be pathetic - just 350 in the month of Feb, the massive discounts notwithstanding.
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-ver...-12299846.html
vivek_lm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 16:28   #192
BHPian

I recently took test drive of Toyota Yaris, it was top end automatic. For me, ride was descent, pick up was good, interior fit and finish were good.

Although the engine felt bit noisy; I mean, it didn't feel as refined as Hyundai for a petrol car. Huge recent discount to increase the sales figures isn't going to help Toyota, rather it will deteriorate the car's reputation for previous buyers who bought the same car at more premium.

Toyota should have priced the Yaris competitively at the time of launch itself.
gjnnbagal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:04   #193
Team-BHP Support

Toyota trying everything possible to convince customers for the YAris:

Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:45   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Toyota trying everything possible to convince customers for the YAris:
Resale value for a market dud? Common Toyota! First you kill a good product with bad pricing, then you give huge discounts and lastly try to sell that product by giving ad on it's resale value? This is really not done.

They just can't compare the resale value of an Innova or a Fortuner with the Yaris, just because it has the Toyota badge. All Toyota's do not have good resale value.

Within one year of its launch the car is having a discount of 1.5 Lac. So those who bought the car without discount, already got a hit in their resale value.

Just try to sell a petrol Etios or a Liva at their U-Trust itself! They will give ridiculous quotes. Last year when Toyota gave me a quote of Rs 1.60 Lac for my petrol Etios, i got Rs 2.30 Lac as an instant quote from another car dealer. Plus this quote was given to me by Toyota, if i exchange my Etios with a Yaris! Its better if they do not talk about resale value apart from Innova, Fortuner & Corolla/Altis up-to some extent! Diesel Toyota's enjoy far better resale value than petrol Toyota's.

Last edited by Samba : 12th March 2019 at 21:59.
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:04   #195
BHPian

I have short listed Yaris J cvt. Getting 70k discount. The main reason for short listing j varient is that it's the only sedan with curtain airbag at back and in my budget.
Any suggestions from owners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks