Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2020, 22:27   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Haven't really been following the Yaris, so don't know for sure.
Read here that features got deleted on the way.

Visited the nearest Toyota showroom for a price quote on my Etios, and sat on the display Yaris. It was a V variant.

Didn't have the infamous ' elbow rest in it. Has that been deleted too?
yup elbow rest removed as it was eating into the rear passenger space.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 08:39   #287
BHPian

Variants discontinued
I was checking Toyota India site for Yaris prices and noticed that they have discontinued following variants
1. V MT and V CVT - They have retained V-Optional variant in MT and CVT
2. VX MT - They have retained VX CVT

https://www.toyotabharat.com/pricelist/

I have not sure if the variant rationalization is going to boost any sales. Yaris sold 79 units in June'20.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 16:02   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Variants discontinued
I was checking Toyota India site for Yaris prices and noticed that they have discontinued following variants
Nobody would mind even if they stop selling Yaris itself. They would get more numbers if they re-badge Ciaz and sell it.
Old 4th July 2020, 17:08   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Replacing my wife's Vento as it was getting old and far too expensive to maintain. Looked for an automatic and the price of the City and the Verna were are 2L more than the Ciaz and Yaris. Finally decided on the G (Optional) CVT version as they gave me a great deal. They did a buy back of the Vento by giving me a price that was the best amongst the others and a 30K offer + a 20K exchange bonus. Getting delivery of the car early next week and i should say the Toyota, Nexa and Hyundai dealers provide good practical advise and service.
G opt CVT seems to be the most VFM. Today I took a TD of the CVT. It felt slow, and the rubber band effect was very prominent. What's your experience during TD. Have you taken delivery of your car?

Congratulations to you on your new possession & wish you all the best.
Cheers
Old 5th July 2020, 17:10   #290
BHPian

It seems Toyota have increased the pricing of Yaris from its earlier BS6 pricing. In J and G variants (having 7 airbags) the increase is a whopping Rs.1,68,000. There seems to be no change in the feature list though. Don't know if it is an error in updation of website or a intentional increase.

They have also discontinued the V-Manual, V-CVT and VX-Manual variants.

The variant wise change in price is summarised below:
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-yaris-price-change.jpg

The snapshot of old and new pricing is given below.
New Pricing:
[ATTACH=Yaris - BS VI Price list as on 5th July 2020.pdf]2025327[/ATTACH]

Old pricing:
[ATTACH=Yaris - BS VI Price list wef_01.01.2020.pdf]2025326[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yaris - BS VI Price list wef_01.01.2020.pdf (213.7 KB, 189 views)
File Type: pdf Yaris - BS VI Price list as on 5th July 2020.pdf (303.3 KB, 210 views)
DImPo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 22:28   #291
BHPian

I used to consider the G variant value for money. Now, Toyota has managed to grossly overprice it and should rather discontinue it altogether. The V-Optional is priced just Rs 34000 more and it gives you the following additional features: reverse camera, 7" touchscreen audio & 2 more speakers, front parking sensors, cruise control, auto & follow-me-home headlamps, dual tone exterior and leather/leatherette interior. Looks like Toyota wants to register even less sales numbers for Yaris. Or, maybe I'm being too naive; Toyota will maximize profit by selling the G variant to Govt.
Old 6th July 2020, 00:33   #292
Senior - BHPian

Time for Toyota to take the Ciaz and slap the T badge on it.
landcruiser123 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 09:44   #293
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking Toyota may place the base models of Yaris to fill the gap left by Etios. Instead, they increase the prices and keep it on par with Verna. Looks like they have no intentions of getting volumes from Yaris. I am still hoping that this is an error in the price list and they meant 16800 rather than 1.68 lakh.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 6th July 2020 at 09:46.
Old 6th July 2020, 11:23   #294
Senior - BHPian

What do you call this? Confidence? Or Over Confidence? Or should we simply call it arrogance? But you really need guts to increase prices for a car which is already a dead duck. Only Toyota can do this
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 12:14   #295
BHPian

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the rise. The price rise in the Camry and the Vellfire was attributed to the rise in the exchange rates which, though steep, could still be plausible considering that they are CBU models (to the best of my knowledge, please correct me if I am wrong).

In this case, however, I certainly don't think that a hike as steep as Rs. 1.68L on what was a sub-10L locally-manufactured vehicle can be justified using this argument.

At a time when the competition in this segment is finally starting to heat up again, with the Rapid 1.0 TSI at the lower end and the very competitive new versions of the City and the Verna at the upper end, the logical way to go would be to rejig the features list and play heavily on the fantastic safety proposition of the J and G variants. Toyota also needs to remember that the Yaris is nearing the end of its life-cycle while the Korean and Japanese rivals are absolutely squeaky-fresh from the design studio.

I simply cannot fathom any logical explanation for this rise. It seems as though the Toyota management has just thrown in its gloves and gone on to commit harakiri on this one.
Batfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 23:00   #296
Senior - BHPian

The facelift is going to launch soon. It’s been spied. I highly doubt this would help the care of Yaris in india. The new generation city is way ahead in every department.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-bd4070a4e436436e853a85f939feab8e.jpeg  

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-7164b97ca771402e8a899e6a40731f0b.jpeg  

nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 23:26   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The facelift is going to launch soon. It’s been spied. I highly doubt this would help the care of Yaris in india. The new generation city is way ahead in every department.
To put the final nail in the coffin they have also removed features like projector headlamps which are standard in the current one.

I don't know what Toyota management are thinking when they make decisions about this car. They are trying their best to make it sales 0.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:44   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the new Yaris or a new variant expected in India? Lights are not LED like the facelift so could be another limited edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-e4227b50a0f645c585c890f9abf4ee49.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 13:07   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Is this the new Yaris or a new variant expected in India? Lights are not LED like the facelift so could be another limited edition.
Frankly after the Nexon DCT---->XM(S) fiasco, not going to get my hopes up on this.

Guess it's just going to be the facelift shown two posts above, where the Y shaped front end is changed to an X shape one.

Maybe some features and price correction thrown in.

Either heavy price correction, or heavy changes to the powertrain (new modern engine, diesel, full hybrid). Only these two can do anything to the Yaris sales figures.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 21:44   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

This was the special edition they were talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-224135d244bc408c8511df2be3851232.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed