Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:38   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

I hope they price it sensibly this time. The Android auto and Apple play is a welcome move though they should have considered launching it earlier itself. Let's see if they are able to garner more interest in the car with update though reduction of air-bags is a step down. Also hope to see an update on the infamous center console.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 2nd September 2019 at 11:41.
Old 4th September 2019, 13:04   #242

I took a look at the updated brochure. Some feature deletions are not in good taste - like the deletion of acoustic and vibration control glass, and vehicle stability control (VSC) from the G variant. VSC has been deleted from the J variant too, I think. Toyota has also removed the audio system from the G and J variants - although that is fine since it was not up to mark anyway. If one goes for the CVT, then the 3AB option saves 65k on the J variant and 81k on the G variant. However, why has the price of the 7AB option not changed materially even though certain features have been deleted?
akumaraa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 13:48   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Coincidentally I had visited our paediatrician with my son yesterday & I saw a Yaris after months. Literally after months. It was parked in an apartment block and right besides was a Honda Amaze. Both in their respective grey shades. And the reason why this car doesn't sell was right their looking me in the eye! A car from a segment below seems so much better designed, thoughtfully laid out & sharp. The Yaris' front simply didn't appeal in comparison. It looked ugly infact to be very honest. Like a toy!

My <4 year old son pointed to the Amaze when I asked him "which one do you like?" as if it was reflex action! Didn't need to spend time thinking. TKM should take his opinion into consideration for next designs for selling cars in India.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 19:55   #244
BHPian

Does the updated Yaris with the added Andrioid auto/ apple car play and a few other minor changes sound more worthy? I think the OTR of the VX CVT is in the same bracket as the top en CITY but the Yaris comes with ESP, HHA and TPMS extra. Agreed the engine is lacklustre but is it so bad in comparison that it's not competitive to the rest of the gang?

Last edited by chittybang : 4th September 2019 at 19:55. Reason: grammar
Old 5th September 2019, 21:31   #245
BHPian

I visited Toyota today and for 2018 model (yes they still have stock), they're giving about 2L discount - this was for just walking in without prior notice. For a price of 8L or so, this seems to be an interesting option with good safety features. I was looking at the base model - the 7 airbags with Toyota engine seems to be a good combo. I'm looking for a car around 10L and will be self driven by me to office which is about 50kms round trip (not everyday though).

I like Verna SX petrol which comes to north of 11L after discounts and ciaz petrol about 50k discount for delta variant and no discounts on alpha variant.
Astonite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 23:08   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I visited Toyota today and for 2018 model (yes they still have stock), they're giving about 2L discount - this was for just walking in without prior notice. For a price of 8L or so, this seems to be an interesting option with good safety features. I was looking at the base model - the 7 airbags with Toyota engine seems to be a good combo.
Really, a Yaris for 8L? Is it on road or ex showroom price?

Are J CVTs available or only the manual variants are available? Regardless its a steal at 8L and at a discount of 3 Lakhs between the Verna and Ciaz, its a no Brainer.

5 years down the line when it's time to sell the car, I would be surprised if the Verna or Ciaz would sell for 3 lakhs more. Plus, the safety of 7 airbags which the Verna or Ciaz at 11 lakhs won't have.
Old 7th September 2019, 10:46   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaraa View Post
I took a look at the updated brochure. Some feature deletions are not in good taste - like the deletion of acoustic and vibration control glass, and vehicle stability control (VSC) from the G variant. VSC has been deleted from the J variant too, I think. Toyota has also removed the audio system from the G and J variants - although that is fine since it was not up to mark anyway. If one goes for the CVT, then the 3AB option saves 65k on the J variant and 81k on the G variant. However, why has the price of the 7AB option not changed materially even though certain features have been deleted?
Looks like acoustic and vibration control glass has been deleted from the V variant as well. I am quite sure it was present in the V variant when the Yaris was launched and may be the G variant as well but I am not sure about its presence in J variant. Whatever is the case unable to understand the deletion of premium features from a car which has "premium" pricing. This is not good at all!
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 13:08   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaraa View Post
I took a look at the updated brochure. Some feature deletions are not in good taste - like the deletion of acoustic and vibration control glass, and vehicle stability control (VSC) from the G variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I am quite sure it was present in the V variant when the Yaris was launched and may be the G variant as well but I am not sure about its presence in J variant.
Just to clarify, when Yaris was launched last year
1. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) was available only in VX variant
2. Acoustic and Vibration Control Glass was available in G, V and VX variant
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 13:23   #249
BHPian

Yaris sold 215 units in August (Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/ ).

Maybe, dispatch before launch of facelift in anticipation of demand for upcoming festive season. It sold only 51 units in July'19. It will be interesting to see figures for coming months.
Old 7th September 2019, 19:17   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Really, a Yaris for 8L? Is it on road or ex showroom price?

Are J CVTs available or only the manual variants are available? Regardless its a steal at 8L and at a discount of 3 Lakhs between the Verna and Ciaz, its a no Brainer.

5 years down the line when it's time to sell the car, I would be surprised if the Verna or Ciaz would sell for 3 lakhs more. Plus, the safety of 7 airbags which the Verna or Ciaz at 11 lakhs won't have.
It was on road. However, when they checked the stocks, the base models were not available. I think only vx was there which was way beyond my budget.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:43   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I visited Toyota today and for 2018 model (yes they still have stock), they're giving about 2L discount - this was for just walking in without prior notice. For a price of 8L or so, this seems to be an interesting option with good safety features. I was looking at the base model - the 7 airbags with Toyota engine seems to be a good combo. I'm looking for a car around 10L and will be self driven by me to office which is about 50kms round trip (not everyday though).

I like Verna SX petrol which comes to north of 11L after discounts and ciaz petrol about 50k discount for delta variant and no discounts on alpha variant.
This is an interesting discount. Will it make sense to buy a car that has been kept in the stockyard for such a long time, in the heat and in the open? Won't you face issues later on especially with rubber parts?
Old 17th November 2019, 19:17   #252
BHPian

I have been enquiring about Petrol Etios, a car you can’t buy from Toyota. They don’t take bookings for that car anymore. Saying this basis my conversation with couple of dealers in Bombay, over a period of time.

That piqued my interest in Yaris base model (J/O). I like the car but there definitely is a negative sentiment about it here at this forum, which makes one think twice about buying it.

For this purchase i have only one criteria, reliability.
Old 17th November 2019, 20:58   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
I have been enquiring about Petrol Etios, a car you can’t buy from Toyota. They don’t take bookings for that car anymore. Saying this basis my conversation with couple of dealers in Bombay, over a period of time.
That is not true. DM me if you really interested to buy the Etios Petrol. Last week I enquired and they do take booking and deliver it in few weeks.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 00:53   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That is not true. DM me if you really interested to buy the Etios Petrol. Last week I enquired and they do take booking and deliver it in few weeks.
Hi, thanks. Can’t figure out how to DM you. Maybe that option is not there for new members.
I spoke to Madhuban, Millennium and Lakozi Toyota and none of them will take a booking for Petrol Etios. One of them also said only Diesel Etios for taxi segment is being made.
Thanks again.
Old 18th November 2019, 07:53   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Hi, thanks. Can’t figure out how to DM you. Maybe that option is not there for new members.
I spoke to Madhuban, Millennium and Lakozi Toyota and none of them will take a booking for Petrol Etios. One of them also said only Diesel Etios for taxi segment is being made.
Thanks again.
My bad, did not realise you are new to team BHP. If you are serious about the petrol Etios I can check with Millennium and Wasan. May be the sales rep you spoke to wasn't really interested in selling to private buyers. Will check with my known sources and let you know. As said earlier, they were definitely taking booking last week. Not sure what changed so soon.

Most Viewed