Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2019, 18:04   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
Had a TD today here in Bangalore, was told that there's a cash discount of ~ 1.2-1.3L on the 2018 models. Also, all variants (2018) seems to be in stock! I was even told that the prices of 2019 models is expected to come down and that the exact pricing hasn't been revealed yet (kept pressing for the pricing but to no avail). Liked the car but will check out Verna and City (and the offers they can come up with) too before taking a decision.
Great news for me. Is it for all the variants or only on higher variants?
Old 14th January 2019, 18:12   #152
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Great news for me. Is it for all the variants or only on higher variants?
I was told it's for all variants. However I didn't prod him further since my company's lease partner (via whom I'm planning the purchase) do not seem to have tie-up with the dealer in question (viva toyota).
Old 15th January 2019, 13:04   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had a TD today here in Bangalore, was told that there's a cash discount of ~ 1.2-1.3L on the 2018 models. Also, all variants (2018) seems to be in stock! I was even told that the prices of 2019 models is expected to come down and that the exact pricing hasn't been revealed yet (kept pressing for the pricing but to no avail). Liked the car but will check out Verna and City (and the offers they can come up with) too before taking a decision.
My wife has been vacillating between the City, Ciaz, Verna and Yaris for several months now. She eliminated the Ciaz because it was the only one to offer just 2 air bags, the Verna and Yaris for the lack of space they offer in the rear seat and the City for it's poor build quality (several complaints of pre-mature rusting).
Old 15th January 2019, 13:11   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My wife has been vacillating between the City, Ciaz, Verna and Yaris for several months now. She eliminated the Ciaz because it was the only one to offer just 2 air bags, the Verna and Yaris for the lack of space they offer in the rear seat and the City for it's poor build quality (several complaints of pre-mature rusting).

Navin, I am assuming you and your wife have personally evaluated the rear seat space. Yaris rear seat space is better than Verna. I and my wife also evaluated the space between Yaris and City and did not find much difference. It also depends who is going to occupy the rear seat most of the time. In our case, it is the kids.
Old 15th January 2019, 13:24   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Navin, I am assuming you and your wife have personally evaluated the rear seat space. Yaris rear seat space is better than Verna. I and my wife also evaluated the space between Yaris and City and did not find much difference. It also depends who is going to occupy the rear seat most of the time. In our case, it is the kids.
Yes the Yaris is better than the Verna but my wife wanted room for 5. In our case it would be my wife and her friends in the rear as she is usually chauffeured. The middle seat in the Yaris's rear seat is pretty awful.

The City and Ciaz offer more room if you are 5 in the car (3 in the rear seat). Her current car is a 2009 City so she wonders why she has to compromise rear space in 2019.

Last edited by navin : 15th January 2019 at 16:13.
navin is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 15:56   #156

Is any of the dealer in Delhi still offering a discount on 2018 Yaris if so how much. I went to Galaxy Toyota but they don't have a 2018 model and no discounts on 2019. I am being offered a Aug 2018 car J Cvt from Himachal for a discount of 70000. Is it Ok to get Aug model.
Old 15th January 2019, 16:18   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
I am being offered a Aug 2018 car J Cvt from Himachal for a discount of 70000. Is it Ok to get Aug model.
Do check for any telltale signs to make sure the car was not a demo / display vehicle.

Personally, I would not be comfortable purchasing a 5 month old / previous year manufactured car for a discount of only 70K. But that is just a matter of getting comfortable with the idea.

If you are able to rule out any rough use to the car, you should be fine otherwise.
Old 15th January 2019, 17:06   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The middle seat in the Yaris's rear seat is pretty awful.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/image.../I%20agree.gif

We are yet to test drive the Verna but isn't the middle seat awful in all of these cars? Going by what I could make out from our official reviews, I got the feeling that it might be the case.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:43   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/image.../I%20agree.gif

We are yet to test drive the Verna but isn't the middle seat awful in all of these cars? Going by what I could make out from our official reviews, I got the feeling that it might be the case.
Verna is as bad as the Yaris without the threat of being impaled on arm rest should the driver brake suddenly.

Ciaz and City offered more space. Between these 2 the Ciaz was more plush. Sad that Maruti did not include a modern 6 speed AT, 6 air bags, etc.

That said this is the Yaris thread, and if you are never going to exceed 4 passengers, the Yaris is tough to beat. The most mature ride of the 4 cars we sat in.
navin is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 11:22   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
@Simhi, what's the mileage you are getting on your Yaris? One of my friends here in Bengaluru seems to be getting only 9 in city and 12-13 on highway.
Old 25th January 2019, 11:43   #161
BHPian

Quote:
@Simhi, what's the mileage you are getting on your Yaris? One of my friends here in Bengaluru seems to be getting only 9 in city and 12-13 on highway.
Quoting from my ownership thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4501704 (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT)

City (Pune)
Average mileage: 9.5 to 10.8 kmpl
Worst mileage: 7.8 kmpl
Best mileage: 11.5 kmpl

Highway
Average mileage: 15.2 to 15.9 kmpl
Best mileage: 16.5 kmpl
Worst mileage: 13.4 kmpl

All drives with AC ON and temperature kept around 24 degrees. These are still readings from MID and I need to collect more readings to provide fuel efficiency based on tank-to-tank method.
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 22:51   #162
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Guys,

Please help me out with Yaris CVT and City CVT latest please..

I've been offered 1 lac on Yaris - but our colleagues have suggested up to 1.25 lac without bargaining! I was hoping to get 1.5 lac off on either of those, but am struggling.
Guiding help please..

This is a Delhi BCR purchase, and the car will be based out of GURGAON.
Old 28th January 2019, 17:08   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,
Please help me out with Yaris CVT and City CVT latest please..
Both cars are good, but I personally felt the CVT of Yaris to be slightly better than that of City.
Quote:
I've been offered 1 lac on Yaris - but our colleagues have suggested up to 1.25 lac without bargaining! I was hoping to get 1.5 lac off on either of those, but am struggling.
Is it a 2018 model that you are talking about? Asking because I'm being offered a discount of 1.5L on 2018 model (VX CVT) though I haven't yet committed to the deal.

Last edited by vivek_lm : 28th January 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Grammar
Old 28th January 2019, 19:31   #164
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I am looking for J CVT. 2018. Which city purchase is yours?
Old 29th January 2019, 10:46   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Which city purchase is yours?
I'm looking to purchase the car here in Bangalore.

Most Viewed