Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 19:17   #466
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Just got off my close to 100th Call with my KIA Sales Advisor. I am yet to get any allotment for HTK+ I have been waiting for almost 2 months and got this gem of a news that KIA is slowing down production of HTK and HTK+ models so have to expect delay of few months. I have taken a recording of the call.

Worse thing for me is that there is no alternative to this car for me and have to wait. I regret turning down the Gravity Grey HTK Petrol that could have been mine but stuck to HTK+. I might just go ahead and cancel as KIA is focusing on top end models more or the sales people are lying to me. I wouldn't get the car anyway in such a case.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 10:32   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Worse thing for me is that there is no alternative to this car for me and have to wait. I regret turning down the Gravity Grey HTK Petrol that could have been mine but stuck to HTK+. I might just go ahead and cancel as KIA is focusing on top end models more or the sales people are lying to me. I wouldn't get the car anyway in such a case.
If there is no alternative & Seltos HTK+ is the one for you, what will you do by cancelling the booking? You might end up regretting the decision 1 day later as if you want one again the waiting period will start from 0.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:46   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If there is no alternative & Seltos HTK+ is the one for you, what will you do by cancelling the booking? You might end up regretting the decision 1 day later as if you want one again the waiting period will start from 0.

I have instead sent an email last night to kia customer care to provide some way out. They replied first thing in the morning. Lets see how this goes now.

I have booked through Acko drive and they promised speedy delivery as they get some preference. Decided to go with the car loan through the dealer itself and the person there said he will push for my car.

Plus my sales person says i am first in line for HTK+ but he will automatically allocate HTK if it is made available and it is upto me to refuse.

It seems a little unbelievable that they haven't got one HTK+ since Dec. I have been first in line since dec in case a customer had refused to take delivery and since start of jan for new dispatch. I dont know if they are taking me for a ride. Have got all this on recording.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 14:58   #469

I got the car yesterday and realized that Google maps from Android auto doesn't show directions on the HUD. Is there anyway to activate that?
It doesn't show anything that is connected via Android Auto including the song, phone calls except the digital speed.

However, it shows the directions when I use the built in navigation.
Could someone please let me know if it is possible to access Android Auto on HUD?
ryadaniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:24   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadaniel View Post
I got the car yesterday and realized that Google maps from Android auto doesn't show directions on the HUD. Is there anyway to activate that?
It doesn't show anything that is connected via Android Auto including the song, phone calls except the digital speed.

However, it shows the directions when I use the built in navigation.
Could someone please let me know if it is possible to access Android Auto on HUD?
It is not possible with android auto nor with apple CarPlay, only internal navigation works with HUD as of now
Salnv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:35   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Don, have you done anything specific to make the ride plush, or has it happened due to the suspension bedding in?
Hey, this is stock car & yes the suspension & braking has bedded properly resulting in smooth plush ride & braking, the braking effectiveness have improved too, earlier it was not proportionate w.r.t the brake pedal.
Don Dasco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:51   #472
BHPian

Anyone on this forum who has upsized the tyres on their Kia Seltos willing to share the experience will be helpful.

Please talk about the specifications for the upsize and the effect it had on the fuel efficiency and ride quality.
Old 13th February 2020, 19:08   #473
BHPian

Finally, after a wait of more than 4 months, we are getting our HTK 1.5 Petrol in Clear white Color next week. I got a call today from SA that Car has arrived and I can take a look if I wish to in dealer stockyard. I am planning to go tomorrow for the PDI as per Team-bhp Checklist.

Is their anything else I need to verify before I give a go for the registration process?

It was a long wait time and the overall dealership experience was not that great. I will try to pen down my booking and delivering experience once we get the car.

A big thanks to everyone who helped me with my queries.

Regards,
Vivek-
vivek_god9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 19:10   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
It is not possible with Android Auto nor with Apple CarPlay, only internal navigation works with HUD as of now
Ah, that's bad. Will the company plan to upgrade the software to incorporate all apps? The built-in navigation is not too intuitive especially after having used Google Maps which is miles ahead.
Old 13th February 2020, 19:27   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Just got off my close to 100th Call with my KIA Sales Advisor. I am yet to get any allotment for HTK+ I have been waiting for almost 2 months and got this gem of a news that KIA is slowing down production of HTK and HTK+ models so have to expect delay of few months. I have taken a recording of the call.

The very same thing happened with me as well. I also booked a HTK 1.5 Petrol last year in October and getting the delivery next week almost after 4 months of wait. The Kia dealership in Noida gave me the exact same reason that KIA slowed down the production of HTK and HTK+ model. But this happened in December and as per them from Feb 2020, the production of HTK and HTK+ started in full swing.

I would suggest you to contact their customer care and ask them to connect you to the Area Sales manager for your location. This helped me a lot in escalating the issue and getting my car. The dealership and SA are of no use in my opinion.

thanks,
Vivek-
vivek_god9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 20:04   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_god9 View Post
I would suggest you to contact their customer care and ask them to connect you to the Area Sales manager for your location. This helped me a lot in escalating the issue and getting my car. The dealership and SA are of no use in my opinion.

thanks,
Vivek-
Can you help me with some of the details? Please share the kia customer care email id you have and preferably the email id of your Area Sales Manager?
Old 13th February 2020, 20:59   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Can you help me with some of the details? Please share the kia customer care email id you have and preferably the email id of your Area Sales Manager?
I actually contacted KIA via their toll free customer Care number (1800 108 5000) and registered my complaint to which they said they will revert back in 24-48 hours. After 2 days of waiting, I called customer care again and asked them to escalate my case to their supervisor. They initially resisted saying "All of the Supervisor are busy/unavailable" but I told them I am waiting and let me know when one of your supervisor gets free. After 10 mins of waiting, I got connected to the Supervisor to whom I explained my case and asked him to escalate this further due to lack of response & visibility about my booking from dealership as well as from the customer care. He then arranged a conference call with the Area Sales Manager who helped me in getting my car.

Few point which I noticed and will help you:

1. Call the toll free number during weekday, during weekends the supervisor and Area sales manager are not available.

2. Make sure you register your complaint and take a note of the complaint ID. It will help you to escalate the issue if they do not provide the resolution within specified time-frame.(which they never did in my case).

3. They do not share the email ID/Phone number of Area Sales Manager. The only way I got connected was via their customer care.

4. The Dealership manager also have phone number of Area sales manager but they never share. But you can force him to connect you to ASM.

Hope this helps but do let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

Thanks,
Vivek-
vivek_god9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 00:37   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Hey, this is stock car & yes the suspension & braking has bedded properly resulting in smooth plush ride & braking, the braking effectiveness have improved too, earlier it was not proportionate w.r.t the brake pedal.
Wow! that's great to hear. I find the suspension still a bit stiff. However, I have only completed 1000 kms till date. After crossing how many kms in your seltos did you notice the ride improvement?
Old 14th February 2020, 16:51   #479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Wow! that's great to hear. I find the suspension still a bit stiff.
Have you tried dropping the tyre pressure by 1-2 psi? It may feel smoother.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 14:15   #480
BHPian

Hi, I am getting the Seltos HTX IVT 1.5P next week.
I wanted to know 2 things about tyres 17”
1. I was thinking if I should change the tyres to Michelin (same size) ; is the difference very noticeable ? Basically worth it?( I am already tight on budget) And I hope there won’t be any warranty issues? Also would the new ones be covered by insurance although I have hardly seen any tyre claims!
How much should I expect for the goodyears?
2. I was also thinking of buying 17” alloy & tyre for the spare tyre. Good idea? Alloy is quoted for around 11k. ( I generally don’t go long distance)
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks