Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2020, 10:49   #721
BANNED

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Am wondering if damping would make a difference to the sound quality.
Yes, damping will make a perceivable difference in how the sound is heard rather than any vibrations/rattles. If properly done, the stock speakers also may sound better.

I ain't saying damping will increase the SQ a lot but will improve as steel panel and plastic panel vibrations will be reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Also, what about fitting an underseat sub? Not sure if any of these modifications will lead to warranty issues.
You can fit an active underseat subwoofer by taking the signal from the rear coaxial speakers. Plug and play harness can be made to connect and run the underseat subwoofer.

As long as wires aren't spliced, the warranty shouldn't be an issue of concern. You can consult your Service Manager too if in doubt.
Old 29th March 2020, 08:28   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
HTE owners, have any of you found out if Kia allows installation of aftermarket touchscreen system with rear view camera? Or will they sell one themselves?
I have been to Konduskar Kia Kolhapur and they have a chart ready for HTE and HTK owners for the installation of everything from Parcel tray to LED headlamps but Touchscreen music system is a big NO from the manufacturer as they said.

Also labour component is on the higher side; e.g. 2.5k for wiring of foglamps!
H Karter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:21   #723
Senior - BHPian

Dear bhpians, Request help and advice. I received the below text from my friend who owns a Seltos DCT. Can someone throw light onto what could be wrong here ?

" Hi Guys, this morning the car (DCT) wouldn’t start. I sensed something was wrong when the mirrors did not automatically open on approaching the car.I got in and tried to start. I got a message “Check ESC” and the car didn’t start. The interior light then became very dim (it was normal before that). I then got out of the car and the car wouldn’t lock with the remote. I had to use the key and then lock each door manually.Would anyone know what’s gone wrong? I haven’t left any lights on. The car has been regularly used. As of 48 hours ago, I had opened and shut the car with UVO and also started the car with UVO and let it run for 6 minutes."

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 29th March 2020 at 09:23. Reason: spacing corrected
Old 29th March 2020, 10:49   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Karter View Post
I have been to Konduskar Kia Kolhapur and they have a chart ready for HTE and HTK owners for the installation of everything from Parcel tray to LED headlamps but Touchscreen music system is a big NO from the manufacturer as they said.
Did you take any pic of said chart?
Also did they say they won't even install the basic 8" touchscreen?

@Bibendum check the battery readings.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 29th March 2020 at 10:50.
Old 29th March 2020, 11:13   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Would anyone know what’s gone wrong? I haven’t left any lights on. The car has been regularly used. As of 48 hours ago, I had opened and shut the car with UVO and also started the car with UVO and let it run for 6 minutes."
Don't own a Seltos (but have an Octavia DSG which behaved similarly), and this sounds like a battery drainage due to some malfunction and/or rat bite. Is there any way to check the battery voltage through the UVO/MFD?

If possible, he can swap with a temp battery and check in his parking space only.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 19:57   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes, damping will make a perceivable difference in how the sound is heard rather than any vibrations/rattles. If properly done, the stock speakers also may sound better.

I ain't saying damping will increase the SQ a lot but will improve as steel panel and plastic panel vibrations will be reduced.

You can fit an active underseat subwoofer by taking the signal from the rear coaxial speakers. Plug and play harness can be made to connect and run the underseat subwoofer.

As long as wires aren't spliced, the warranty shouldn't be an issue of concern. You can consult your Service Manager too if in doubt.
Thanks Anurag, waiting for the lock down to end now 🙂.
Old 30th March 2020, 11:54   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Dear bhpians, Request help and advice. I received the below text from my friend who owns a Seltos DCT. Can someone throw light onto what could be wrong here ?

" Hi Guys, this morning the car (DCT) wouldn’t start. I sensed something was wrong when the mirrors did not automatically open on approaching the car.I got in and tried to start. I got a message “Check ESC” and the car didn’t start. The interior light then became very dim (it was normal before that). I then got out of the car and the car wouldn’t lock with the remote. I had to use the key and then lock each door manually.Would anyone know what’s gone wrong? I haven’t left any lights on. The car has been regularly used. As of 48 hours ago, I had opened and shut the car with UVO and also started the car with UVO and let it run for 6 minutes."
This looks like a typical battery drainage. Even if you let many lights on by mistake, the car would automatically switch it off after some time to avoid battery drainage, if the engine is not running. So I guess mostly a bug or issue with UVO which would have let the system ( or light/horn if you pressed them knowingly or otherwise ) be active even after you switched off the engine ( assuming you switched off the engine remotely using UVO ) which would have further resulted in battery drainage.
Old 30th March 2020, 12:04   #728
Senior - BHPian

Jochen Paesen, former BMW designer, joins Kia Motors to lead interior design.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/28/j...terior-design/

Clearly Kia is raising the bar and rightly ambitious enough to follow the German ways. This indicates they're aiming for the benchmark which the Germans have set for the lesser mortals to follow suit. Way to go Kia

Just wondering we would ever read a news like " Maruti hires former BMW/Merc engineer to develop their new cars "
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 17:02   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Did you take any pic of said chart?
Also did they say they won't even install the basic 8" touchscreen?
I dint take any pic, but some parts I remember are as follows:

LED headlamps : 34k + labour & some wiring charges for HTE.
Ice cube fog lamps : 13.5 k + 2.5 k labour & wiring
Projector fog lamps : 6k + 2.5 k labour & wiring
Parcel tray and side panels : 7k + labour

And yes they did say they won't even install the basic 8" touchscreen as restricted by the manufacturer.
H Karter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 17:11   #730
BHPian

Hi is anyone aware if Kia has announced extension of Warranties or EW? I have already received the message on extension of free service period.

I believe some of the other car & bike makers have already announced some extensions on Warranty.
Old 30th March 2020, 18:30   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dint take any pic, but some parts I remember are as follows:

LED headlamps : 34k + labour & some wiring charges for HTE.
Ice cube fog lamps : 13.5 k + 2.5 k labour & wiring
Projector fog lamps : 6k + 2.5 k labour & wiring
Parcel tray and side panels : 7k + labour

And yes they did say they won't even install the basic 8" touchscreen as restricted by the manufacturer.
Thanks. I finally managed to get a price quote from the local Kia advisor whom I had visited a year ago. It looks like the HTK variant is a safer bet although here in KA the price difference onroad is about 1 lakh rupees between it and the HTE.

Will test ride the Creta after lockdown ends and decide.

Speaking of warranties, does KIA offer the 5 year limited kms warranty as optional instead of the 3 year standard warranry?
I know Hyundai offers it but I don't see it in the KIA brochure.
Old 30th March 2020, 19:03   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi is anyone aware if Kia has announced extension of Warranties or EW? I have already received the message on extension of free service period.

I believe some of the other car & bike makers have already announced some extensions on Warranty.
I believe companies have announced extension for cars whose warranty was expiring in this lock down period. In case of KIA, the cars are new and have years of standard warranty left. Hence there's no announcement for extension.

I feel that's fair.

Quote:
Thanks. I finally managed to get a price quote from the local Kia advisor whom I had visited a year ago. It looks like the HTK variant is a safer bet although here in KA the price difference onroad is about 1 lakh rupees between it and the HTE.

Will test ride the Creta after lockdown ends and decide.

Speaking of warranties, does KIA offer the 5 year limited kms warranty as optional instead of the 3 year standard warranry?
I know Hyundai offers it but I don't see it in the KIA brochure.
I have seen many owners, upgrading the HTE models with aftermarket touchscreen units. I can't comment on the impact on warranty or the quality of these HU. That said, factory fit is better option here and its better to go for HTK variant.

Yes KIA offers 5 yrs extended warranty. There are two options - limited KMs (120k kms) and unlimited KMs. Should cost around 20-25k based on the car variant you have.

See below URL for details:
https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...-warranty.html

The prices mentioned are excluding taxes.

Quote:
Edit: The 8" touchscreen unit in HTK and above has additional options to control/configure other settings in the car. This could be the reason why manufacturer has clearly instructed dealers not to perform the upgrade.

Last edited by ashis89 : 30th March 2020 at 19:18.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:34   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Edit: The 8" touchscreen unit in HTK and above has additional options to control/configure other settings in the car. This could be the reason why manufacturer has clearly instructed dealers not to perform the upgrade.
Which kind of settings can you please elaborate? I have HTK+, it may be beneficial information.
Old 2nd April 2020, 00:35   #734
Senior - BHPian

Managed to get a price list from the local dealer and noticed that the basic kit listed is no longer worth 8k as has been mentioned in this thread. It starts from 17k for the GTX variant and goes up to 22k for the base HTE variant.

What changed? And what do you get for that money apart from the idols, mats and mud flaps?
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:58   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Managed to get a price list from the local dealer and noticed that the basic kit listed is no longer worth 8k as has been mentioned in this thread. It starts from 17k for the GTX variant and goes up to 22k for the base HTE variant.

What changed? And what do you get for that money apart from the idols, mats and mud flaps?
Here's the accessory list that I got when I bought my GTX+ in Feb. In my opinion, unless one wants a lot of bling, most of these are useless. I took only the dustbin, 5D Floor mats (which cost ~5k), Boot mat, bumper corner protector and door protector, all of which totally cost around 7k or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-accessories.jpg  

aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks