Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 10:53   #1456
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I think it is a good system- not too obtrusive, quite like the airplane seatbelt chime - especially when you reach climb to cruise phase . Most importantly it keeps us sane on the roads. There shouldn’t be a way to disable it by the driver.
Those who have driven on the long highways will be able to connect with me on this. Safety is paramount agreed but the 80kmph chime is a major distraction as I keep on taking my eyes off the road & continuous 120kmph chime is an overkill IMHO.

Let me know if anyone has been able to disable it like it can be done in European cars.
Old 8th November 2020, 14:01   #1457

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Mods - feel free to move the post to a more relevant thread if necessary.

I am in a bit of a dilemma.

I had almost zeroed in on the HTX IVT variant of the Seltos, and now with the add ons like the sunroof etc the deal becomes even sweeter, however now with the price increase it comes to about 16.5 OTR in Gurgaon, which is just 50,000 cheaper than the Creta in the SX IVT guise.
Hi Armaan,

Am in the exact dilemma as yours and coincidentally in Gurgaon. If comfortable, can you share which car did you finally go for and how has your post purchase experience been.

Look forward to your response, thx
Old 9th November 2020, 14:01   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagan.84 View Post
Hi Armaan,

Am in the exact dilemma as yours and coincidentally in Gurgaon. If comfortable, can you share which car did you finally go for and how has your post purchase experience been.

Look forward to your response, thx
Hi Gagan,

I bought the Honda Civic.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 12:35   #1459
BHPian

Am getting a Dieseltronics tuning box installed today in my Kia Seltos (Diesel)

Will post an update with photos later.
Stribog is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 13:18   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

What is the cost of the Dieseltronics, and what kind of power and torque gains are being projected with the box? Can you share further details?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 17:22   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
What is the cost of the Dieseltronics, and what kind of power and torque gains are being projected with the box? Can you share further details?
They have two types of boxes, single channel and dual channel. Dual boosts both rail and fuel pressures.

They claim 40% before it hits the wheels, and 20% boost in power and torque in the S2 mode on wheel.

They have economy, stock and two sports modes.

Single channel is 19,999, dual is 26,666.
Stribog is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 17:47   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Cool! Are you going for dual channel? Do update the driving experience post tuning. Do they have something for Petrol? I was activily looking for remap for my GTX+DCT but now waiting for 10000KM service to be done.
Old 10th November 2020, 18:37   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Kia Motors India announced that it has sold 1.25 lakh units of the Seltos in India. The sales milestone comes just 14 months after the company first launched the car in India

Kia Seltos : Official Review-2geqhj1o_kiaseltos_650x400_09_february_20.jpg

https://www.carandbike.com/news/kia-...-india-2323353
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 22:05   #1464
BHPian

Got the dual channel Dieseltronic tuning box installed on my diesel Seltos this evening.

Coming from the 1.6 CRDI Verna, I always felt that the Kia was not as chuckable, leading to what all BHP'ians do best. Spend hours on the forum, YT, other auto forums on research.

Decided to go in for a remap, Wolf Moto coincidentally was in Chennai 2 weeks ago, called them but they said the remap for Kia is not there.

Pete's had a very poor response (like zero, on their whatsapp id) and besides I would have to drive it down to Bangalore or Cochin for the remap.

My research also told me that no matter what tuners claim, a remap can be detected, a tuning box though is plug and play, ergo the warranty issue is not at play.

TBHP itself has a 45 page thread on this tuning box, and was a very good starting point on this particular box and tuning boxes in general.

Chennai has 3 dealers who do this installation, Performance Max in Alandur Guindy was what i chose as the other two places are more than 20-30 kms from my office or home.

The process itself was easy, I called the Perf max guys last Friday, they said it will get overnighted, and reach Saturday and I can drop by for the instal.

There was a delay and it reached only today morning (Tuesday), I informed them I will drop in at 1830 hrs for the installation.

Reached by 1830, they had their tech, Amir waiting with the product, but had to wait for the engine to cool down, so wandered around their shop for about 30 mins.

Digression - the shop is well stocked with Armorall, Rainx, Meguiars etc detailing products aside from high performance alloys, led kits etc. There were also a bunch of high end cars waiting for or just completed some detailing. Spotted a BMW m2, a Mercedes convertible and a Mustang. I definitely plan on shopping here for my detailing products and alloy upgrades in the future.

Back on topic, engine cooled down, the instal was quick, took about 15 mins.

The unboxing pics.

Part 2 in the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0013.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0006.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0007.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0008.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0009.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0010.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0011.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0012.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20201110_191550_ll.jpg  

Stribog is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 22:12   #1465
BHPian

Cabling attached near the pressure sensors, tied in and job done.

Engine was turned on and kept in idle for 5 mins.

I will put in a polythene cover around it to prevent dust / water from getting in tomorrow.

Now comes the proof of the pudding - drove only about 30 mins in traffic but,

1) there is a discernible difference in Torque in the lower end of the power band. I didn't have to change gears as often as I had to

2) the turbo spike (minor albeit) is now gone and power delivery is very linear.

3) had a clear stretch for about a km and took it up to the 4th floor and definitely felt a perceptible improvement in the pick up all the way upto 80 kmph (city roads so slowed down after that)

Overall driving is that much more effortless.

I will be taking it on a 100 km highway trip on Sat, so will give a more detailed update on Sunday.

Will not recommend it just yet, not till I get more hands on wheel time but primary observations are that it seems like a vfm buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0015.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20201110wa0014.jpg  

Stribog is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 23:56   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia Motors India announced that it has sold 1.25 lakh units of the Seltos in India. The sales milestone comes just 14 months after the company first launched the car in India
Since the car is breaking so many sales records, I would love to see it breaking the crash test records for Hyundai cars in India (4 stars?? Can Hyundai do it?)
Old 11th November 2020, 04:27   #1467
BHPian

Will pick Seltos over Creta every single time due to looks. Creta is too quirky Nd weird looking. Can live without that panoramic sunroof and other few features Creta offer over Seltos but cannot see myself driving a awkward looking car.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 10:05   #1468
BHPian

Kia Seltos is doing great sales...!!! I like the Seltos amazing looks. However, the Tech line misses safety features even in the top most variant. Customers have to go to GT line if you want all the features like 6 airbags, ESC, HHA, etc.

Any ideas if Kia is planning to introduce a variant in 2021 with all these features in Tech line ?
Old 11th November 2020, 10:24   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
I bought the Honda Civic.
Hi armaan_singh,

How did you end up buying the Honda Civic (a low slung sedan) when you were actually looking for a Crossover? I am currently in the same dilemma, albeit between Honda City and Creta/Seltos? What was the thought/decision process? Do you mind sharing please?

Thank you.
Old 11th November 2020, 12:05   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Hi armaan_singh,

How did you end up buying the Honda Civic (a low slung sedan) when you were actually looking for a Crossover? I am currently in the same dilemma, albeit between Honda City and Creta/Seltos? What was the thought/decision process? Do you mind sharing please?

Thank you.
If you enjoy driving long distance on highways, please go for a Seltos or Creta over Honda City. I sold my City and got a Creta diesel last month. Did a couple of highway trips recently, and I can perceive the difference in the ride quality and performance at highway speeds over the Honda City. The City is fast, of course, but the Creta feels more at ease than the Honda in the 80-120 kph regime. Undulations and potholes do not bother it as much as it did to the Honda, especially making rear pax uncomfortable. The Seltos is likely to handle a wee-bit tighter, but then those are marginal situations.
While the space and the boot capacity of the Honda is a bit superior,Its not a huge advantage for those who dont need that much space. The increased ground clearance of the Seltos/Creta is likely to be more useful practically speaking.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 11th November 2020 at 12:09.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks