Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 10:47   #1621

How to read the Vin number on seltos??which number or alphabet would tell me the vehicle is January 2021 manufactured?
Old 21st January 2021, 11:06   #1622
BANNED

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
How to read the Vin number on seltos??which number or alphabet would tell me the vehicle is January 2021 manufactured?
Can you provide the VIN?
Old 21st January 2021, 11:09   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
I am getting my Seltos HTX+ in a day or two. During PDI I checked the car has JK UX Royale tires.

How good/bad are JK UX Royale tires? Should I stick to them or get it replaced with Yokohoma Earth 1 tires.

Vijay
I have a Creta with the same UX Royale tyres. Not faced any issue as such, but its early days (3200km). Even my dealer mentioned that they have not received any adverse reports. So fingers crossed..
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 12:32   #1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you provide the VIN?
I don't have it at the moment. I will have the vehicle anytime in the next 2 days to do pdi myself. Just wanted to learn through the Vin reading trick.
Old 21st January 2021, 18:27   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
You may try the below hyundai website to decode the vin

https://service.hyundai-motor.com/euro5/login.tiles

You need to first register to get user id and password , once logged in , the center top side will have a search bar for VIN. This site will give you lot more info about your Hyundai/Kia car than anywhere else you get.
Old 22nd January 2021, 14:22   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Wanted help on deciding between GTX+ vs HTX+ (Diesel AT) variant. Below are the features which are incremental to GTX+ which I gathered from the brochure. With GTX+ costing around 1.1 Lakhs on road more than HTX+, my question is specific to safety, and if the below 2 points (additional airbag, ESC etc) really are must haves over the HTX+ features?

*Side and Curtain Airbag
*Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist
*360' camera view
*Blind View Monitor in Cluster LCD
*Multi Drive Modes (Normal, Eco, Sports)
*Traction Modes (Sand, Mud, Wet)
*Heads Up Display
Got delivery of the GTX+ AT Diesel Dual Tone yesterday. Tyres are JK, even for the highest variant.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 20:55   #1627
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the Kia Seltos 1.5 D AT and the 1.4 DCT last week. Some observations:

1. The showroom at Prabhadevi was packed. Very clearly they are witnessing massive demand
2. Was told that waiting periods are upwards of 12 weeks.
3. Tried the Diesel AT first. It was not a GT line car. Found it extremely smooth for a diesel, fairly quick off the line - was startled by the 80 kmph speed warning between two fairly closely spaced signals without even pushing the car.
4. Next tried the 1.4 DCT. Found it fantastic - kept hitting the 80 kmph Mark from standing starts between every two signals. Really liked the 360 degree camera for parking and the side camera that came on in the MID every time I put the turn signals on. Was much quieter and smoother than the Diesel. My pick for now, especially as I am more worried about clogged DPFs than unreliable DCTs (I have owned a Superb).

Liked the all black interiors on the refreshed Seltos GT line which was on display much more than the cream interiors on the test drive car. Rear seat room was decent though we had only 2 people in the back for the test drive. While lots of people commented about the stiff suspension of the Seltos, we found it quite comfortable, and I personally liked the handling too. Also liked the sun shades in the rear seat. AC effectiveness was decent - though one cant really judge that at this time of the year.

Boot space was a little small, and I felt the sunroof was a bit of a farce. Also would have much rather had an electronic parking brake. We tried sitting three abreast in the rear in the display car - it was acceptable - but no where near as comfortable as the Hector.

I had very high expectations for the Seltos from this thread and other reviews, and I must say they were met. Am still unclear which segment I want to buy a car from - but in this price range, for someone who is self driven, the Seltos 1.4 DCT is the car to beat. Of course, we are looking for a car that will primarily be chauffeur driven - so the jury is still out on which one we will pick.
Hayek is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 21:59   #1628
Senior - BHPian

@Hayek since you reviewed Seltos & also posted about your experience of Hecto test drive, can we expect review of Creta & Harrier?
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 11:38   #1629
BHPian

I have noticed that the blower for rear seats in my Seltos gtx dct plus is very weak. Request other owners to confirm if it is by design, or only my car has this issue.
Old 26th January 2021, 11:42   #1630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have noticed that the blower for rear seats in my Seltos gtx dct plus is very weak. Request other owners to confirm if it is by design, or only my car has this issue.
Yes, it is weak and also throws slightly warmer air compared to the front vents.

In Seltos, the rear vents help in good air circulation, that's it!
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 09:40   #1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Got delivery of the GTX+ AT Diesel Dual Tone yesterday. Tyres are JK, even for the highest variant.
Congratulations on your purchase and wishing you a rewarding journey with the beauty! May I know what was the waiting period for you? I have booked the same variant 7 weeks back and no news from the dealer when I can expect delivery.
narvind0110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 10:58   #1632
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Isn't this the same across most cars. In my 4th gen Honda City and Rapid TSI, the rear outlet always let lesser amount of air out, when compared to the front.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:32   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Of course, we are looking for a car that will primarily be chauffeur driven - so the jury is still out on which one we will pick.
Chauffeur driven and Seltos ! That combo doesn't look promising at all assuming the owner is occupying the rear seat. Things would go further south if you're on 17 inchers.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 11:56   #1634
BHPian

Recently I got my HTX+ MT. The only feature I miss in this is the remote start and remote climate control through UVO app.

Both these features are available in HTX MT Anniversary Edition. Is there a way I can get them on HTX+?

Vijay
Old 28th January 2021, 12:32   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narvind0110 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase and wishing you a rewarding journey with the beauty! May I know what was the waiting period for you? I have booked the same variant 7 weeks back and no news from the dealer when I can expect delivery.
Thanks, Got it delivered in 4 weeks due to the efforts of my friend who works at KIA HQ. In fact I had booked the GTX+ AT D, but was allotted the same version in dual tone. Went forward considering the waiting period, and took insurance from outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks