Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 10:22   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

Yes, Maruti has its hands full of launches this year, and this one maybe lower down in their priorities. But, is their any definite date/ timeline for the Spresso dualjet launch?

Tentative dates differ from April to October.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5278630 (Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India)
Old 14th April 2022, 10:58   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman18 View Post

But overall , a nice car to drive and really a boon in crowded city like Chandigarh due to shortage of parking.

Some advice needed from BHPinas :

1. There is no sound when close or open the car with remote ( Chirrp sound). Can we fit a buzzer from market as it given indication without looking at Car that whether its locked or not.
2. Only two speaker are given . Is wiring available at rear doors to fit the speaker ?
Congratulations on the new car!

On the rear speaker, you can pry open the panel (very easy DIY) or have it done at the service center. My Dad's Vxi+ bought in 2019 actually had wiring harness in place for rear speakers. They put the speakers but did not drill a hole on the panel. So the speakers were hidden inside the doors

When I asked the accessory guys to remove the rear speakers, he left the wires there as it is. Upon asking him, he had said they are already present.

Regarding engine noise, just give it some time, by 10,000 kms the engine becomes ultra smooth and you will barely notice it at usual speeds.

Also, there is no buzzer provided, you can fit it as accessory. One thing I have noted is the key is of poor quality and will start losing shine soon, also the cell inside it drains faster, I've already replaced one in 2021.
NiInJa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 16:01   #153
BHPian

I have booked a VXI+AGS on 13th Jan 2022. Vehicle arrived at dealership yard by around 10th Apr. As per the sales team, there are heavy demands for the automatic models and hence there was a delay. The registration formalities would take another 10 more days.

My experience with the sales team is not great.
  • Initial promise was that the vehicle delivery would happen by Feb 2022.
  • There were no proactive updates on the status of booking.
  • For the automatic models, there are no cash discounts for the month of April.

One query to current owners - What is the best option for reverse camera? I prefer to have it integrated on to the existing infotainment system. As per the reviews in this thread, the camera quality is poor for the accessory from Maruti dealership. Please share the links, if the recommendation is outside MGA. My car is in Trivandrum location.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th May 2022, 16:07   #154
BHPian

I have observed that for city rides keeping the tire pressure at 28 PSI greatly improves the ride quality. Has anyone else tried that?. I usually drive the car with only my daughter along with me. The car feels too jittery without rear passengers if I set the recommended 32PSI on all tires. Will there be any safety issues if I keep it lower than the recommended pressure?. I am okay with increased wear and shortened life.

The Car is still on stock tires. Any recommendations for tire upgrades that would make the ride more cushy?
Old 12th May 2022, 21:40   #155
BHPian

Got the clutch release bearing replaced under warranty on my brother's 6 month old spresso done 3500 kms. Work was done after registering complaint via maruti website ( the response is swift and efficient and an object lesson in customer support). I had pointed out this issue during the second. Service and they gave the vehicle back saying the bearing was replaced. Red flag was no mention of it in the final bill. Car drive ok for one week following which the clack sound when releasing the clutch returned.

This time after escalation, hope it's fixed for good. The clutch still makes a clack sound when engine is idle and if you press and release the clutch. Not noticable now, during driving though.

Spresso owners bear this in mind,if this issue props up in your cars .
Old 15th May 2022, 09:05   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
I have observed that for city rides keeping the tire pressure at 28 PSI greatly improves the ride quality. Has anyone else tried that?. I usually drive the car with only my daughter along with me. The car feels too jittery without rear passengers if I set the recommended 32PSI on all tires. Will there be any safety issues if I keep it lower than the recommended pressure?. I am okay with increased wear and shortened life.

The Car is still on stock tires. Any recommendations for tire upgrades that would make the ride more cushy?
Hi,
1. If you reduce the tire pressure, the ride will be more comfortable, without doubt.
2. As you rightly said, the wear and tear on the outer treads will increase if tires are running on lower pressure. You will also notice reduced fuel efficiency, with low tire pressure.
3. Spresso is normally used for city drive, wherein speeds are low. So the probability of safety issues due to lower tire pressure is non-existent.
4. 28 psi is not really low. Hence even on highways, there should be no safety issues.
Happy motoring
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 13:36   #157
BHPian

I am planning to do the following on my 2-year-old S-Presso. Please let me know your thoughts.

1. Bonnet insulation with fireproof sound damping sheet - Possible according to my accessories store. But, will it reduce engine noise inside the cabin?
2. All four doors and boot damping with sound deadening sheets - Possible. But again, how much noise reduction can we expect with those wafer-thin window glasses?
3. Added firewall insulation - Not possible. Has anyone done this?
4. Wheel well cladding for rear wheels - Not possible. This is the single most annoying thing about this car. Every time you go over a gravelly road, the noise of stones hitting the wheel well is infuriating. I have done anti-rust coating thinking it might reduce the noise - but noise reduction if any is barely noticeable.
5. Floor lamination - The accessory guy told me there won't be much noise reduction but I can select the thickest material available.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to reduce interior noise.

I am also considering the following MGA accessories,
1. Wheel arc cladding - But I see many s-pressos with missing cladding in one wheel. Seems like it's of very poor quality and might fall off within a year. Please let me know y our experience on this.
2. Chrome rings on the front grill - Same question as before - will it last?
3. Spoiler - Always wanted it.
4. Door sill guard - To avoid scratching the exposed paint.
5. Body side molding - the small one with silver accents. The big black one doesn't seem to gel well with the blue colour of the car.

When I bought the car, I was planning to sell it within a year. But here I am - two years later and trying to spruce up the car. It certainly grows on you over time and the practicality for a small family is just unmatched at this price point. Even the Brezza automatic which costs more than twice as much has the same touch screen, pedals and the dashboard seems to be of similar quality only. The steering wheel and the switchgear are also eerily similar. I am having a tough time justifying anything within MSIL over this car given the current price points with zero offers. This is an extreme VFM car, if you can get over the looks.
darkfantasy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:24   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to do the following on my 2-year-old S-Presso. Please let me know your thoughts.

1. Bonnet insulation with fireproof sound damping sheet - Possible according to my accessories store. But, will it reduce engine noise inside the cabin?
2. All four doors and boot damping with sound deadening sheets - Possible. But again, how much noise reduction can we expect with those wafer-thin window glasses?
4. Wheel well cladding for rear wheels - Not possible. This is the single most annoying thing about this car. Every time you go over a gravelly road, the noise of stones hitting the wheel well is infuriating. I have done anti-rust coating thinking it might reduce the noise - but noise reduction if any is barely noticeable.
5. Floor lamination - The accessory guy told me there won't be much noise reduction but I can select the thickest material available.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to reduce interior noise.

1. Wheel arc cladding - But I see many s-pressos with missing cladding in one wheel. Seems like it's of very poor quality and might fall off within a year. Please let me know y our experience on this.
5. Body side molding - the small one with silver accents. The big black one doesn't seem to gel well with the blue colour of the car.

When I bought the car, I was planning to sell it within a year. But here I am - two years later and trying to spruce up the car. It certainly grows on you over time and the practicality for a small family is just unmatched at this price point. Even the Brezza automatic which costs more than twice as much has the same touch screen, pedals and the dashboard seems to be of similar quality only. The steering wheel and the switchgear are also eerily similar. I am having a tough time justifying anything within MSIL over this car given the current price points with zero offers. This is an extreme VFM car, if you can get over the looks.
I am also on the verge of buying S presso because of its off road credentials but was put off by its engine noise. So I am waiting for its dualjet engine variant, as it seems its engine noise will be less (dualjet maruti engines are comparatively more refined).
In the meantime I checked various options for firewall insulation with these criterion in my mind,
- the material should not be flammable.
- the material should stick well and remain stuck after enduring tough engine bay environment.
- obviously the material should be a good sound barrier.
I came across this material on amazon-

https://www.amazon.in/Alp-Nitrile-Ad...=1&ext_vrnc=hi

I bought one roll of that 'alp nitrile insulation ecotape' (which mentions that it is fire retardant) and found that
The sticking power of the tape is brilliant on metallic surface.
The tape doesnt promote combustion and extinguishes without undergoing combustion.
I stuck the tape on a metallic surface which is exposed to direct sun, and the tape is doing well since last two months.
The last but main point left to be checked is its sound insulating capability, but for that i dont have a car.

The tape is only 3 mm thick, but you can layer one over another as it sticks with itself also.
Hope that this research help you in some way.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Dont own an espresso, but a few thoughts below:

Quote:
Possible with Damping sheets available at accessories store and have it done in my Diesel Seltos. There is certainly a difference when you are not revving the car. While revving too there is at least a 40% decrease in engine sound in the cabin.

Quote:
Along with the doors, get the front and rear fenders damped with sound deadening sheets and while at it, use really good quality sound damping sheets and not an accessories stores recommended one. Fellow Bhpian LeoSashi has got a full damping done for his XL6. You can head over to his thread for pointers on how it is done and different brands available in the market.

Quote:
Damp the entire floor instead with sound damping sheets. That will certainly ensure lower noise in the interior. Again do a cost vs. benefit analysis and then take a call.

Quote:
Instead of MGA accessories, look for similar but more durable accessories in the known shops as it will work out cheaper or you might end up with better quality items.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 19:58   #160
BANNED

Quote:
I won't recommend too many loud additions to a car. You can make all subtle touches that will give a refreshed look for an older car, but anything beyond that, is a strict no for me.

Eg: Adding an alloy wheel, a neat black/gray/light colored seat cover and steering wheel cover, some black plastic cladding around the body (as scratch guard and to enhance the looks), a subtle rear spoiler etc can freshen up the car. But please do that in a phased manner - add the alloy now, seat cover after 1 year... so that these periodic updates will keep your interest in the car alive.

Anything else like Chrome rings on the front grill, flashy red colored inserts on seat covers, steering wheel and gear levers, chrome mirrors, chrome surroundings for the tail lamps, unnecessary LED additions, extra big and wide wheels etc are not my cup of tea. And the resale value may go down as well, as many people may not be interested in those flashy things.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th May 2022 at 20:07.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:30   #161
BHPian

Quote:

My S-Presso wheel cladding fell off after about an year after purchase. So running with 3 claddings only. Looks ugly, but the accessories store doesn't sell 1 piece. So waiting for 2 more claddings to fall off to purchase all four.
No doubt that the S-Presso is complete value for money if you can ignore its toad like looks
ColAjayDrives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 00:25   #162

Quote:

Here's some of my updates to my 1.2 year old Spresso (named Cindy)
1) Wanted to tackle cabin noise in the following order - Quieter tyres > underbody coating > Sound dampening sheets for all doors panels, hood and floor. Turns out after just changing the tyres the road noise reduced so much that I didn't feel anything else was really necessary. The stock tyres are really noisy. Upgraded to Yokohama 185/65 R14 and Cindy now runs much quieter, handles better and looks HOT!
2) Changed stock wiper blades to Hella Frameless wipers. These not only clean better but are much more quieter and look much better.
3) Didn't want to get upsized alloys for the main reason that it would reduce ride comfort and second, the spare would not fit in the trunk. Found a middle ground...Custom wheel covers! Got the design I wanted painted matte black and added the Suzuki logo as a hub cap. Trust me, when done right these really look like alloys from a certain distance and easy to replace when damaged.
4) Cindy's name as a custom decal on the front windshield bottom left corner. Designed this myself to differentiate from every other red Spresso
4) Some badly needed gadgets - a dasham (ddpai mini), TPMS sensors (nextdigitron) and a cute bobble head (Nezuko from Demon Slayer). Got a good discount on these during the summer sale on amazon. These are pretty self explanatory I guess.

All MSGA accessories (rear spoiler, wheel claddings, bumper guards, door protectors) seem to be holding up fine. Don't have anything else planned for now, But was thinking of underbody coating also for the exposed areas in the wheel arcs so they are black instead of the factory red colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-20220314_084702.jpg  

craigsta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 17:37   #163
BANNED

My S Presso transformation
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20210218wa0008.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20210218wa0006.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20210218wa0016.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20210218wa0015.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img_20220604_173329.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img_20220604_173641.jpg  

Travel Bright is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:05   #164
BHPian

Have been driving SPresso AGS for more than a month now. It is performing far better than my expectations during city drives.

There is one peculiar problem with the USB media playback on infotainment system. Though I have around 1500 mp3 files on the USB drive, the system reads only around 390 files.

Initially, I had all files on the top level folder. But, system was reading only 255 files. Then, I distributed files to sub folders. Then, system started reading and playing around 390 files.

Is there a limit on the number of files and folders that the infotainment system can read? Since the system is common for other Maruti vehicles also, I was surprised on why such a limitation.

On other brand cars, I could play all the songs, even if I keep all files on top level folder.

Appreciate your help to get this issues resolved.
Old 9th June 2022, 19:09   #165
BHPian

I am planning to give my S-Presso to service (2 years/20,000 Km) soon. I called the service advisor (who seemed to be a trust-worthy guy) affiliated with the showroom from which I bought the car and he quoted Rs 7500 plus taxes. For a basic Maruti, this seems to be way too much, so I asked him to do only what is mentioned in the service booklet and he told me that it costs that much to do ONLY that. Someone else from the service center called me and said they can do this for Rs.6000 as a special offer for me(!) which still seems way too high.

From the service manual, I can see the following needs to be done as part of the PMS,
1. Engine oil(0W -16 ) - To be replaced along with gasket and oil filter. - 2.8 liters
2. Brake fluid - replacement
3. Coolant - replacement
4. Wheel balancing and alignment.

Maruti service cost estimator is showing about Rs.3000 only.
I request BHPians to kindly share the amount they have incurred for this service (2 years/20,000 Km) along with the list of jobs done(if possible the final bill). This would be of great help to newbies like me.
I understand they tend to bill services that are part of PMS as extra like exterior washing/ interior cleaning/brake cleaning etc. A sample bill would be of great help in calling them out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks