Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 14:32   #1516
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

It’s the 5th month, since we booked HTX AT and the SA has no clue. The promised waiting period is already over and the SA says the current waiting period is 8/9 months. Kia really needs to clear it’s backlog of Sonet. It’s not the buyers market anymore.
Old 9th May 2022, 15:25   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
It’s the 5th month, since we booked HTX AT and the SA has no clue. The promised waiting period is already over and the SA says the current waiting period is 8/9 months. Kia really needs to clear it’s backlog of Sonet. It’s not the buyers market anymore.
Well, the latest waiting period is 8-9 months for cars booked from May 2022 onwards.
I believe the ones who have booked before that still stand at 6 months odd.

The only dealer in my state has deliveries pending since Oct-2021, primarily for the HTX D AT; and mine is a Feb-2022 booking!!
This month too they haven’t received any D AT it seems. God alone knows when Kia is planning to ship these.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th May 2022 at 15:55. Reason: Typo
Old 9th May 2022, 20:53   #1518

Completed my 2nd service of Sonet D-AT today. While taking the car in, a lady made me sit in the customer lounge and i spent about an hour there. When i stepped out to ask about when the car will be taken in, the service advisors were eating lunch and were surprised that i was still waiting. Anyway, one of them said that he will take my car in.

While taking inventory, i mentioned to him a sound a hear from the brakes when i start my car in the morning (which i think has been discussed by the members on this forum also) and simply asked the SA to double check if everything was okay. He started talking about engine noise

He then said that 1.0 and 1.2 have these sounds and i was shocked. I asked him - "Are you sure?" He replied positively. I then said that this is a diesel and he said yes, 1.0 and 1.2 diesel.

Upon my frown he opened the bonnet and checked the engine. I had to tell him it is a 1.5 and he agreed immediately! He also seemed very salesy and spoke a whole bunch of things that seemed to praise the car and the company. I told him that I am very happy with both.

Finally, he took in the car and later mentioned that he got confused since 1.0 and 1.2 are primarily what are sold for Sonet. He also upsold the underbody coating due to upcoming rains and i agreed for it.

While receiving the car, I asked for a drop (which i did not get charged for probably because of the error he made) and there was a minor scratch which i had not seen before. I sent him a picture and asked for the picture they took while taking inventory. Its been about 8 hours and I haven't heard back yet.
eljay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:53   #1519
BHPian

Noticed a nifty feature today (not sure if that’s how all the automatic climate control systems work). The fan speed was lowered automatically when a call got connected handsfree, to cut the noise. It went back to the original speed when the call got disconnected.

I don’t know if it’s a common feature, but it was a surprise to me and just thought I’ll share for the benefit of people like me

Last edited by robincsamuel : 11th May 2022 at 18:54. Reason: Corrected typo
robincsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:55   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Noticed a nifty feature today (not sure if that’s how all the automatic climate control systems work). The fan speed was lowered automatically when a call got connected handsfree, to cut the noise. It went back to the original speed when the call got disconnected.

I don’t know if it’s a common feature, but it was a surprise to me and just thought I’ll share for the benefit of people like me
Yeah right. Even when you bring up Google voice assistant, fan blower speed goes down.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:31   #1521

Hello again to fellow BHPians.

I have booked the KIA Sonet 7-DCT 1.0 Turbo Petrol (in Kolkata) back in Feb '22 but the SA just updated me a couple of days back (upon my enquiring of course) that currently KIA is not dispatching DCT models in general, be it Petrol or Diesel. Has anybody else also gotten this feedback from their SA/dealership?

Since getting the feedback from the SA couple of days back, I am now contemplating going for the 'New/ Updated Hyundai Venue' due to be launched in June '22 (3rd/4th week probably). I had called a Hyundai dealership immediately after getting this feedback from KIA and the SA over at Hyundai said that they have started taking unofficial bookings for the New Venue.

I have also decided that I shall not be cancelling my Sonet booking. Instead, I am thinking of booking the New Hyundai Venue as well. The way I see it, assuming that the New Venue gets announced in June '22 and deliveries start by July or August, I will have the option of choosing from both the Sonet and Venue since both cars have a petrol 7-DCT model to offer. This is also based on a very big assumption on my part that hopefully by July I may have some kind of update regarding delivery of the booked Sonet as well, because almost 4 months shall have passed since my booking.

I request fellow BHPians for their feedback and advice.

Some background on the above:

Actually, I had originally booked the 7-DCT Petrol model back in November '21 with a different dealership (SPL KIA, Kolkata) but after encountering a very non-responsive and careless attitude from the SA and the dealership in general, taking feedback from some customers of the said dealership (which was not very positive) and taking into account the location of their service station which is roughly 18 kilometers away from my residence, I finally decided to cancel the booking with them in February. I even had to raise the issue for initiating the refund of my booking amount to the dealership's GM (after much effort of locating his contact details) to get the same processed. Thankfully, after raising the issue with the GM, the refund got processed in just 2 working days.

I then went ahead with re-booking the 7-DCT model of Sonet with a different dealership (Eastern Kia, Kolkata) and the experience was the exact opposite from the previous one. Although I had taken the TD back in November '21 during the 1st booking, the SA of this dealership insisted that I take another TD again. The reason for it being that during the 1st TD I had driven the iMT petrol model and when the SA of this dealership got to know this, he insisted that I should take the TD of the vehicle that I intend to book. Besides the TD experience, the SA was very courteous and duly informed me during the TD itself that there is 5-6 month waiting for the top models for the Sonet. Despite having waited for almost 3 months with the previous dealership, I don't really regret my decision of cancelling and re-booking the Sonet, even though I know that the waiting period got reset to March '22.
saurabhricha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 17:03   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhricha View Post
Hello again to fellow BHPians.

I have booked the KIA Sonet 7-DCT 1.0 Turbo Petrol (in Kolkata) back in Feb '22 but the SA just updated me a couple of days back (upon my enquiring of course) that currently KIA is not dispatching DCT models in general, be it Petrol or Diesel. Has anybody else also gotten this feedback from their SA/dealership?
[/i]
I booked in December 21 in Pune and am getting the same response from my SA, no DCT shipped by Kia in February and March and only two shipped in April and May. Customers with booking from October are yet to recieve their cars.
I too am contemplating to increasing the budget and switching to either Taigun or Kushaq.

Kia desperately needs to clear their old queue soon.
People who booked Carens DCT on launch in February already got their cars. It's just the new bookings which are in waiting.
ArijitGupte is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:18   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhricha View Post
I have booked the KIA Sonet 7-DCT 1.0 Turbo Petrol (in Kolkata) back in Feb '22 but the SA just updated me a couple of days back (upon my enquiring of course) that currently KIA is not dispatching DCT models in general, be it Petrol or Diesel. Has anybody else also gotten this feedback from their SA/dealership? [/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
I booked in December 21 in Pune and am getting the same response from my SA, no DCT shipped by Kia in February and March and only two shipped in April and May. Customers with booking from October are yet to recieve their cars.
This is the exact feedback I got from my dealer too. No automatics since March ‘22!! They don’t even have an answer as to why there is such an issue only with the automatics? My dealer too has pending bookings since Oct ‘21. However, I did see them delivering quite a few Sonets of which one was a GTX+ DCT & one HTX AE DCT on their Instagram page. But off late they have stopped posting any such stories. Probably they must have started getting questions from the people who are in waiting regarding their respective bookings status!

Net net, this whole thing is very poorly managed by Kia. There is absolutely no transparency or the slightest of clarity in the way the whole process is being driven. Even worse for people like me, who are at the mercy of a SINGLE dealership in a small state like Goa!
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 14:12   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Net net, this whole thing is very poorly managed by Kia. There is absolutely no transparency or the slightest of clarity in the way the whole process is being driven. Even worse for people like me, who are at the mercy of a SINGLE dealership in a small state like Goa!
So much waiting is actually killing the new car excitement.
This specific forum thread is also of people commenting on the waiting more than the car itself.

Why because now patience is running out.
But all customers are at mercy of the manufacturers.

So now the question is how long to wait.
ArijitGupte is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 19:55   #1525
BHPian

Sonet DCT turned off while driving.

I was driving on an incline (at 8 km/h or so, D1) and the car engine shut off without any warnings. The ignition switch remained “ON”.

The incline is hardly 10-15 metres, it’s the road to our house from the main road. The drive was very short, around 10kms.

I started the car after checking for any warnings and continued without issues.

Any clue about the possible reasons?
Old 15th May 2022, 21:53   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Sonet DCT turned off while driving.

Any clue about the possible reasons?
Was fuel low? Could the fuel pump have caught some air?
As you mentioned that it's on the incline to your house, has this happened more than once?
Old 15th May 2022, 22:03   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Was fuel low? Could the fuel pump have caught some air?
As you mentioned that it's on the incline to your house, has this happened more than once?
No, the fuel is almost full. And, yeah, air caught in the fuel pump is my guess too.

It had never happened before.

About the fuel, I'm not sure if it's related, but sharing since your brought up the possible fuel pump issue. I usually won't allow filling fuel after the auto cut-off, but I was away when I filled last time and they filled even after the auto cutoff. But I drove the car more than 150kms after that the previous day.
Old 15th May 2022, 22:14   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
About the fuel, I'm not sure if it's related, but sharing since your brought up the possible fuel pump issue. I usually won't allow filling fuel after the auto cut-off, but I was away when I filled last time and they filled even after the auto cutoff. But I drove the car more than 150kms after that the previous day.
Filling over the cut-off shouldn't create air bubble issues. Running low to extreme low might.
And as you have already driven 150kms that should not be an issue.
Sonet doesn't even have start stop idle that might have cause issue.
Old 16th May 2022, 16:56   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
Update: Communicated with the customer care relations and rather received a reply stating that the car is delayed indefinitely without any delivery timelines now. Attaching the Screenshot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-12c6a67d69c249e78c0f762023b7e043.png  

Old 18th May 2022, 07:03   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
So much waiting is actually killing the new car excitement.
True. When I booked the 7DCT last year with a wait of 16 weeks that itself tested my patience. Thankfully, I got the car in 12 weeks albeit with a compromise of colour from Aurora black to Pearl white which was my 2nd choice of colour.

Don’t have the patience to wait longer than that for a new car.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks