Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 07:55   #1696
BANNED

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Are the ventilated seats of Sonet effective in a City like Chennai?
Old 4th September 2022, 09:37   #1697
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I would like to know from the Sonet Diesel AT owners on the service costs and maintenance of the vehicle, any DPF issues till date etc. I am a potential customer and the Sonet Diesel AT felt like the best automatic transmission sub 4 metre SUV available in the market right now around a budget of 15 lakhs.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:41   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Don't know about Chennai, but have been to Kerala and Mangalore during summer and the Ventilated seats were a boon.
Old 8th September 2022, 12:09   #1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
100% effective especially when you enter the car with sweat, but you have to maintain the seats otherwise pores will get blocked with dust
hemanth_1963 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 13:21   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I would like to know from the Sonet Diesel AT owners on the service costs and maintenance of the vehicle, any DPF issues till date etc. I am a potential customer and the Sonet Diesel AT felt like the best automatic transmission sub 4 metre SUV available in the market right now around a budget of 15 lakhs.
The service costs range between 4k-6k. There have been times where the car hadn’t been driven for 7-10 days yet the DPF issue didn’t arise. The car is a hoot to drive in sports mode and will fulfill all the necessary requirements. Also it’s the best Automatic. Will suggest you to go ahead with your purchase.
Oomph11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 12:17   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Recently lost my car key. Don't ask me how cos I am myself not able to figure it out.

Got a new key from Kia. Claimed insurance. Service center had the key available so got the code from Kia and took half an hour for the coding of both keys.

Just had to pay 1000 bucks for claim charges. The total amount for the key was 4200 including the labour. In case anyone doesn't have key loss in their insurance policy that's the amount you will have to pay for key replacement.

Also, got the Insurance renewed for second year. Got it from Kia itself. Costed me 21770 including all the add ons. Had made 2 claims in the first year.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 15:03   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The total amount for the key was 4200 including the labour. In case anyone doesn't have key loss in their insurance policy that's the amount you will have to pay for key replacement.
Thanks for this information! My sales guy told me that each key costs 11k!! Guess he wanted to sell me the inflated Kia Insurance.
Old 9th September 2022, 21:08   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Thanks for this information! My sales guy told me that each key costs 11k!! Guess he wanted to sell me the inflated Kia Insurance.
If you get the lock set changed as well then the expense is above 12k. However, just for key loss there is no need for lock set change. Sales guy might be trying to pull a fast one.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 22:10   #1704
BHPian

I need suggestion from experienced people and moderators here.

I was planning to record and post a video of the acceleration and top speed of my Kia Sonet 1.5 CRDi VGT 6AT GTX Plus to give people an idea about its performance.

To make sure that both my hands are on steering wheel, I was thinking to record the video using my Yi 4K action camera mounted on my forehead or chest. Fortunately, the city I live in, Hyderabad, has the perfect road for this task, the ORR. There’s a stretch on ORR which has extremely less movement at night and I think I can do this task on that road without putting others at risk.

Of course, I will be going above the speed limit for a couple of seconds. So, if I do this, I think a few people on the forum might criticise me for doing it. I don’t want to get bashed for helping people out (I really want people to see how strongly and easily the 1.5 CRDi VGT engine can pull the car and I’m sure there are people who would want to see this).

I will also be fined ₹1,500 for doing this (through speed cams on ORR) and I am willing to pay the amount since it will be just for this one time. So, if I pay the amount, I guess there won’t be any other legal complications. You go over speed, you pay the fine. That’s fine with me.

Anyway, the question I want to ask is, should I do this? Will I get bashed on the forum for doing this? Will authorities pay attention to the video I post on this forum (through YouTube, I think) and take any action? It’s not like I do this everyday. I always follow all the rules and drive within limits. I just want to show people the performance of this car this one time. There are no videos on the internet showing what I can. That’s why I plan to do this.

Experienced people, please give me your suggestions. Much appreciated.
Old 9th September 2022, 22:34   #1705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post
...should I do this?...
Short answer: NO.

Long answer: HECK NO.

Longer Answer: There's no sane person with two gray cells to rub together who'll answer anything but NO.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 22:40   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, the question I want to ask is, should I do this? Will I get bashed on the forum for doing this? Will authorities pay attention to the video I post on this forum (through YouTube, I think) and take any action? It’s not like I do this everyday. I always follow all the rules and drive within limits. I just want to show people the performance of this car this one time. There are no videos on the internet showing what I can. That’s why I plan to do this.

Experienced people, please give me your suggestions. Much appreciated.
DO NOT do this at all. Forget about posting such things on our forum, it’s against our forum rules to do such things. I would suggest not doing this to post on uTube as well, why do something which very possibly could land you in a soup with the authorities or cause an accident. No time of night or day is a safe time for such things on a public road.

Such things are best done if you have access to a closed section of road (if you can manage that) or on a race track.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 9th September 2022 at 22:44.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 23:35   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to record and post a video of the acceleration and top speed
No one needs your help. Keep it with you.

It may come as a shock to you, but this is the reality.

In your innocent mind, your intention is to let people know how fast is the car and blah blah.. But the hard fact remains, that nobody wants it.

If you go ahead or you don't, it will eventually be a disappointment to you. People like me, will only laugh at your stunt. Sorry.

Get the same level of dissappointment by not risking yourself.

If you are still not convinced, ask a family member to accompany you for the EVENT. They may guide you better than us, STRANGERS.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 01:17   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Short answer: NO.

Long answer: HECK NO.

Longer Answer: There's no sane person with two gray cells to rub together who'll answer anything but NO.
I get the answer loud and clear. I should not do this. It is not safe, against government rules and against forum rules.

I knew this is the answer that I was gonna get because it would be stupid for anyone to suggest me to put my life and that of other’s at risk (and break rules) but I guess the 26 year old me thought deep down somewhere that who knows there might be some people who might think the other way. That’s why I wanted to ask you people. Get an opinion what others on this forum think.

I accept, it was stupid of me to even ask this. I regret asking this question. But I guess, some people might understand why I had to ask. Anyway, I won’t go ahead then. Thanks people. I hope I don’t get furious replies. Apologies if anyone was offended. ��

Last edited by AbidIqbalShaik : 10th September 2022 at 01:46. Reason: Added more details.
AbidIqbalShaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 07:08   #1709
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
my Kia Sonet 1.5 CRDi VGT 6AT GTX Plus to give people an idea about its performance.
Although, I am against your idea of filming the car at high speeds, risking your safety and those on the road, I would like to know your opinion on the performance, fuel efficiency and related aspects of your car as I have booked one myself, but am also considering other options in the segment before I finalize.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 10:37   #1710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I get the answer loud and clear. I should not do this. It is not safe, against government rules and against forum rules...
I could've written a long response explaining all the reason why it's a bad idea, but you did it yourself, so all that was left to say was NO.

Enjoy your car responsbily, it's a great package and you definitely seem to like it a lot. Let others figure things out themselves.

If you want to create content for online consumption, do it responsibly, legally and without endangering yourself and others. No amount of imaginary internet points are worth the very real world of hurt an ill-advised adventure like this on public roads can unleash, as a lot of people (or sometimes the families they leave behind) find out at enormous expense.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks