Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 16:24   #2791
VND
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Yes, exactly the same, I think it is from the right rear. I think it is from the area where Rear Glass and Tail gate meets each other. Orelse it might be from the Air Extractor in the tail gate. Do update here if you happen to resolve the rattle from the rear.

As for the driver side noise, try readjusting the door seal rubber on the frame.
I thought of that as well and did a short drive with rear glass open but it still rattling, are air extractors prone to rattle? I am not sure.

Sure will check door seal rubber, thanks.
Old 12th January 2022, 22:41   #2792
BHPian

I finally booked the Aquamarine Mahindra Thar LX Diesel MT HT today. The on-road pricing as of today is 18.14Lakh, but that's with insurance costing Rs. 1.02L and road tax of Rs. 2.6L. The sales advisor did confirm price hike of around 60k though. I was told the waiting period is 49 weeks, I guess this will test my patience.
Osteon206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:50   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
I thought of that as well and did a short drive with rear glass open but it still rattling, are air extractors prone to rattle? I am not sure.

Sure will check door seal rubber, thanks.
You had rattles even with the rear glass open? Then I would suggest to check the Air Extractor and the pass through on the interior part of the tailgate (the plastic panel of the tailgate).

I plan to check them this weekend. If rattle issue is solved, I will surely update here.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 12th January 2022 at 22:51.
Old 12th January 2022, 23:06   #2794
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
I finally booked the Aquamarine Mahindra Thar LX Diesel MT HT today. The on-road pricing as of today is 18.14Lakh, but that's with insurance costing Rs. 1.02L and road tax of Rs. 2.6L. The sales advisor did confirm price hike of around 60k though. I was told the waiting period is 49 weeks, I guess this will test my patience.
Congrats on your booking!
Don't be surprised if the prices shoot by over a lakh during your promised delivery timelines.
I had booked a Thar Diesel LX MT in April 2021. After 8 months, per today's price list in my city, there is a total increase of 85K in ex-showroom price and 115K increase in the on-road price.

Cheers,
HTC
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 11:34   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Buy insurance from outside or ask them to match it. You should get it around 60k +-
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:21   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Buy insurance from outside or ask them to match it. You should get it around 60k +-
Yes, I will do this. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 13th January 2022, 15:32   #2797
VND
BHPian

Quote:
You had rattles even with the rear glass open? Then I would suggest to check the Air Extractor and the pass through on the interior part of the tailgate (the plastic panel of the tailgate).

I plan to check them this weekend. If rattle issue is solved, I will surely update here.
The funny part is, I actually removed the whole plastic panel you mentioned and did a short test drive. Still can hear that rattling

But do update once you check over the weekend.
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 20:01   #2798
BHPian

Not related to Thar, but I thought some owners can help.

I booked an MG Astor in batch 1 which company has given price protection.

But dealer said that road tax will be calculated on updated price.

What was the experience of Thar owners? Was ex showroom unchanged while road tax was on increased price?
Old 13th January 2022, 20:49   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post

But dealer said that road tax will be calculated on updated price.

What was the experience of Thar owners? Was ex showroom unchanged while road tax was on increased price?
My friend took delivery of an XUV700 initial booking with price protection, he had to pay higher road tax. The road tax is calculated on current ex-showroom price.
Mogs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:25   #2800
BHPian

Has anyone installed the red colored Thar door hinge step? I recently ordered this from M2ALL website and went to the dealer for installation. The dealer refused saying they don't have the right tools to open the nuts on the door and requested to go to the service center.

On visit to the service center, the SA first refused and said this will be installed at the dealership. Post some nodding, he called someone from the body shop. However the body shop person wasn't in favor of installing this. Said the black paint might peel off and the door will lose its factory alignment post which there might be rattles. Also they will need to tighten the door hinge with after-market screws given the original screws won't work due to the increased thickness. While I agree with his point, wondering why is Mahindra then selling such an accessory on their official website? Will be helpful to hear from others.
Old 16th January 2022, 18:27   #2801
BHPian

This is a question to the current owners of Thar who have upgraded the Tyre profile or may have also gone the other route, i.e. of downgrading the wheels by an inch or two and shifted to 17 inch tyres or 16 inch tyres.

How much difference have you seen with the ride quality. I am planning to either stick with the current alloys and upgrade to 285-60-R18 from Maxxis (Bravo Series) or get steel rims (offroad) with 265/75 R16 profile. I personally want to go for the Steel rims ad I find them more reliable for bad to worse roads or no roads.
swunkjyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 00:04   #2802
BHPian

A suggestion for those looking to upgrade tyres on their Thar. Kindly avoid BFG KO2 for the time being. Availability is a big issue due to import ban and hence the exorbitant prices. I'd say you go for Maxxis Bravo AT 980 or Ultra mile 4x4 AT Bull. Ultra mile is a Mumbai based company started in 2013 with a wide range of tyres for multiple vehicle types. The tread design of Bull AT tyre is quite similar to the KO2 and I've seen quite a few Endeavours and Fortuners here in Pune running these tyres. Only bummer is the company has dealerships only in limited cities across India.

There's a post on Ultra mile's Instagram page advertising these tyres for the Thar.

Another great option would be Apollo Apterra AT2. Powerdrift has tested the Thar off road fitted with these tyres.

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20220116_234256.jpg  

yatesh.92 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:20   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
This is a question to the current owners of Thar who have upgraded the Tyre profile or may have also gone the other route, i.e. of downgrading the wheels by an inch or two and shifted to 17 inch tyres or 16 inch tyres.

How much difference have you seen with the ride quality. I am planning to either stick with the current alloys and upgrade to 285-60-R18 from Maxxis (Bravo Series) or get steel rims (offroad) with 265/75 R16 profile. I personally want to go for the Steel rims ad I find them more reliable for bad to worse roads or no roads.
I have similar thoughts. If the ride quality is improved without much compromise to road manners, I would like to shift to 16 inch steel rims or Alloys. Don't want a negative offset with tires outside the fenders though. Instead ET 12 would be good enough.

As per tire size comparisons, 255/65 R18 being the stock tire spec, 275/70 R16 or 275/65 R17 being the right size tyre as per the Diameter (31.1") is concerned.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 17th January 2022 at 12:24.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 17:02   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per tire size comparisons, 255/65 R18 being the stock tire spec, 275/70 R16 or 275/65 R17 being the right size tyre as per the Diameter (31.1") is concerned.
The AX comes with 245/75 R16, which is about 2% smaller than the 18" in LX - 31.1" vs 30.5".

The ideal size to maintain the same 31.1" dia would be 255/75 R16. The sidewall height with this size will be 15% higher than the 18" - can help in offroading. But considering the Thar is already soft-sprung, I won't expect much of a ride quality improvement on tarmac!
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:14   #2805
BHPian

Hello,
Can any one help with the procedure to gain access to the wiring/coupler of the DRL and turn indicator light?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks