Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 16:49   #2731
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post

PS: Am new to Gurgaon/NCR, would request for recommendations on trusted shops for getting some practical modifications installed (headlamp upgrade, armrest, seat bags, front sensors, mild speak upgrade, undercarriage protection)

Happy driving!
Rohan
You can look for Bimbra 4x4, they quite popular and have a wide range of products for Thar and are based in Gurugram.
Old 28th December 2021, 11:12   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I consider the Suspension cost as the vehicle cost now. For the kind of money I've spend to fulfill my jeep ownership dream, I'm a happy man!
Wonderful perspective on considering suspension cost as part of vehicle cost. Makes it a much easier decision!! Thank you!
Old 28th December 2021, 11:46   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
PS: Am new to Gurgaon/NCR, would request for recommendations on trusted shops for getting some practical modifications installed (headlamp upgrade, armrest, seat bags, front sensors, mild speak upgrade, undercarriage protection)

Happy driving!
Rohan
Hi Rohan, Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the Thar gang. You can also try Azad 4X4 (Ghaziabad) and Classic Point (Noida). I found Azad to have better designs & pricing.
Old 28th December 2021, 11:54   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
You got it delivered within a week? How?
Probably because December sees a lot of cancellations and as luck would have it I got the exact match to my requirements with a friendly dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Congrats! Wish you a niggle free experience.

It seems to be a petrol one.

P.S: When will MY '22 start reaching dealerships? Any idea?
Yes it is Petrol AT HT. I guess the MY 22 shall start reaching dealerships by 3rd week of Jan. This is what I was told by the SA during my purchase.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 06:07   #2735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
Probably because December sees a lot of cancellations and as luck would have it I got the exact match to my requirements with a friendly dealer.

Yes it is Petrol AT HT. I guess the MY 22 shall start reaching dealerships by 3rd week of Jan. This is what I was told by the SA during my purchase.
Yes, you are right. When I was on the lookout, November Manufactured Thar were available for next day delivery. There were three of them and all Petrol. 2 were Automatic and one was manual, hard-top.

I was told that usually they dont make bookings post 15th December till 31st December, so any bookings that come during this time-period are put on hold and then processed from 1st Jan in the next year onwards. I am also thinking of booking either the Manual or Automatic Petrol.
Old 30th December 2021, 01:04   #2736
Senior - BHPian

New Mahindra Thar converted to a 6x6 concept.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-smartselect_20211230005717_instagram.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-smartselect_20211230005726_instagram.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-smartselect_20211230005736_instagram.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th December 2021 at 01:13.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 15:17   #2737
BHPian

A question to the people who are using BFGs on their Thars- how much did you pay for a set of 5?

I made some enquiries and was quoted an eye watering price of ₹35,000 per piece plus shipping.
Mr.U is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 19:11   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
What's been very strange is that many of us now have a broken AC knob and i am certain it's known to the product engineering team at M&M too.
Every time my Thar visits the Service Center, the vents get replaced under warranty, but that is never a complete solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
A question to the diesel Thar owners. I got a "dpf is clogged" alert on the MID but for a fraction of a second, after that the alert went off. Not sure if it is a bug or dpf is really clogged. The warning log showed nothing. Also no regen alerts have popped up. As per my knowledge in the worst case the regen alert should come up. Has anyone else faced this?
I faced multiple instances of this after getting my Thar in Nov 2020.

1st Time: In city, around August 2021 the DPF clogged came up and went away in a blink.

2nd time Sep 2021 (Nightmare): While on my way from Shinku La to Padum, the DPF clogged appeared and soon after Regen came up which stayed for around 10 minutes. Post that it was an OBD lock and Thar went into Limp mode. It was evening then and reaching Padum was the priority. I thought I could do a park Regen once I reach the hotel!

3rd Time Sep 2021: While on my way to Pangong Lake, there was no DPF clogged indicator. Straight up, Regen light appeared and I did a Park Regen immediately.

4th Time Nov 2021: Again the DPF clogged indicator came and stayed for a short time. It went away and never came back again.

5th Time A few days ago: This was not a DPF clogged indicator but the OBD light turned on all of a sudden! The car was fixed and is in Service Center now.

Just one thing is that, inspite of various problems and numerous SC visits in a year, Mahindra's Service response has been extremely good till date. They have responded fast and been very supportive from Day 1.

But, I wonder what my next long trip will bring along!
OneLivingLife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:34   #2739
BANNED

Anyone, any clue on the remaps being available for the TGDi, that bumps it to XUV specs?
Old 1st January 2022, 17:05   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Came back to town after 10 days, open the cover to find this

:( No foul play, the parking is within the house, nothing could have fallen as it's covered by the porch.

Just can't figure how this would have happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20220101170125__01.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2022, 14:27   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Thanks jayeshdamle for sharing the above details. I'm glad to know that Bimbra has a dealer in Mumbai. We should totally catch up once we both have our respective Thar's. Cheers
Nair.V8 sure will buzz you once the Thar is delivered, where have you booked your, I have mine from NBS Andheri, tentative dealer LFAD is 9th Jan I hope it stays that way and not gets postponed again. Hope you get yours soon too.
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:38   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Came back to town after 10 days, open the cover to find this

:( No foul play, the parking is within the house, nothing could have fallen as it's covered by the porch.

Just can't figure how this would have happened.
Hey Sammyboy by any chance you have a coconut tree right next to where your vehicle was parked, I have faced similar issue with my Vulcan S where the tank had similar marks and a dent. I guess it's the dent that you were referring too in your image.
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:14   #2743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Anyone, any clue on the remaps being available for the TGDi, that bumps it to XUV specs?
I have seen Code6 advertising remaps for the new Thar. Don't know the output figures.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 17:28   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Hey Sammyboy by any chance you have a coconut tree right next to where your vehicle was parked, I have faced similar issue with my Vulcan S where the tank had similar marks and a dent. I guess it's the dent that you were referring too in your image.
No bro, no coconut trees this side of the country :( i think my pic didn't come out clear too. The windscreen has a slight crack but it can't be felt from either side if the glass . Sorry'for the poor post, should have been clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20220101172008.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2022, 19:41   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
A question to the people who are using BFGs on their Thars- how much did you pay for a set of 5?

I made some enquiries and was quoted an eye watering price of ₹35,000 per piece plus shipping.
Same here. Crazy rates for BFG. What’s worse is that none of the people I have spoken to are least interested in buying the hardly driven stock tires back from me, making it a complete waste. Will probably hold off this purchase for some time. What size bfg are you looking for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks