Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 15:57   #1336
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is probably a newer engine tune - and that doesn't mean a newer engine for the Thar, the new Scorpio and XUV5Oo are getting the same engine in a higher state of tune too. :

Won’t having the chassis/body of the thar while testing an engine tune for Scorpio or Xuv500 effect the actual engine parameters when they are actually put in the intended vehicles?
Old 7th March 2021, 16:55   #1337
BHPian

What's the present waiting period of Thar Diesel AT(hard top)? Just asking because one of my family friends had purchased a Thar Diesel AT in aquamarine blue colour in Jan by replacing his 2015 Creta AT, which was declared total loss during floods and he booked one after the launch I guess.

And, one question, is Thar suitable for a 50+ year old lady(my mom) as a daily drive? She currently drives our Honda City Diesel, which is MT version and drives an Innova as well, even in this age and has been driving car since 2 decades. But, she never drove an AT yet in her 2 decades of driving.
Old 7th March 2021, 17:50   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
Won’t having the chassis/body of the thar while testing an engine tune for Scorpio or Xuv500 effect the actual engine parameters when they are actually put in the intended vehicles?
Oh yes, it will. They'll have to homologate each vehicle individually. This is either an internal testing, or an export-market tune that's under testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
What's the present waiting period of Thar Diesel AT(hard top)?

And, one question, is Thar suitable for a 50+ year old lady(my mom) as a daily drive? She currently drives our Honda City Diesel, which is MT version and drives an Innova as well, even in this age and has been driving car since 2 decades. But, she never drove an AT yet in her 2 decades of driving.
Convertible top and Petrol MT variants have a 6 to 7 months wait. Diesel MT & AT, and Petrol AT have close to 10 months. But you should check with your dealer, and all for the Customer Promise Date (CPD) for existing bookings.

Getting into the Thar is a climb up from the Innova, and definitely couple of steps up from the low slung Honda City. If your mother is comfortable with that, getting used to a automatic is a matter of couple of hours of driving.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 19:38   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
What's the present waiting period of Thar Diesel AT(hard top)?
Cross-posting from another thread - here (Mahindra Thar: Petrol vs Diesel)

Quote:
As per the SA, "official" waiting period across all variants is now being quoted as 9 months! Realistically though, one can expect delivery between 6-8 months, depending on the variant.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 09:34   #1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Hi Guys,

After lots of pondering and and bickering, have finally booked a Black Diesel MT HT variant.
My 2 cents as an owner of a Petrol AT for 3 months.

The automatic transmission is top of the line. It's an Aisin unit. Super smooth and convenient. The Petrol engine surprises with it's performance. You should go for it if you want a smooth, silent and a powerful zippy engine and are ok with a mileage of 8 to 12 (moderate city - Highway). If mileage bothers you, go for the Diesel.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th March 2021 at 09:44. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
vishalbhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 09:43   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Huh, I just tweeted to Anand Mahindra and Pawan Goenka.
Any reactions/responses that you heard? My dealer has gone silent again.

Wonder what their plan will be to ship 1000’s of infotainments across the country for installations for the Thar’s lying with dealers.
Old 8th March 2021, 12:03   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any reactions/responses that you heard? My dealer has gone silent again.

Wonder what their plan will be to ship 1000’s of infotainments across the country for installations for the Thar’s lying with dealers.
What a timing, was about to revert back to you and got a call from the ASM from Chennai. Although after my second reminder DM on twitter to their cuatomer care, as they had reverted earlier on my tweet that someone from Sireesh Auto will call on 7th March. Clearly that never happened.
I told him how frustrating it has been for customers and lack of transparency is just adding salt to the wound. He has promised that my delivery will happen around my previous CPD of 8th April + few days. I raised the concern about the dealer calling me a few weeks back and talking about allocation in March. He confirmed billing expected by end of March only or 1/2 April.

Well, I don't have much of an option, but a firm date is better than waiting in the dark. So now I wait for 1st week of April for any updates.

I did ask about Thars sitting in yard without infotainment and he confirmed that is not the case anymore and currently it is bill and deliver only.

Also, I was very vocal about the issues new owners are facing and he asked me if I could ping him the forum link where the niggles are being discussed. I am happy for him to have a peek into the situation and help him provide feedback to the plant.
justwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 19:17   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Got a call on Friday the 5th from the dealer saying my car has to come for an inspection and will take around one hour.

I booked a slot for today morning and sent it with the driver.

No CAM SHAFT Issue as that was not in the batch my car was frm which I already knew some time ago.

So the inspection was basically changing the locks on the Bonnet and some thing to do with the rear reclining mechanism.

Additionally I got a call from the SA saying it requires 6 Litres of Maxi Clean which is basically the Diesel Exhaust Fluid.

I also go the RainVisors and the total expenditure was roughly 1700 including the visors.

A few days ago a Bike had rammed into my rear bumper causing absolutely no scratches or dents. Tough built. Upon inspection there was a bracket inside that broke which they did not have in stock and was ordered - cost 250 rupees.

It's one thing I love about Mahindra - the costs are so liveable and service top notch.
vkochar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 07:57   #1344

Had a question - the switch that turns on the fog lamps has a second position, i.e. the 1st position turns on the fog lamp. What does the 2nd position do? Was not able to figure it out.
Old 9th March 2021, 08:44   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_maverik View Post
Had a question - the switch that turns on the fog lamps has a second position, i.e. the 1st position turns on the fog lamp. What does the 2nd position do? Was not able to figure it out.
The second position is supposed to be for the rear fog lamps, but there isn't one - so right now, the second position turns on the indication in the instrument cluster, that's all.

I'll check with my dealership during second service to see if they can wire it for me so that there will be rear fog lights in the bumper reflectors.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 9th March 2021 at 08:45.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 22:45   #1346

Thank you for the info. Was going crazy trying to figure out out!
kool_maverik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:15   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

My vehicle went in for the first service today, the hood locks were replaced, and a mild left pulling issue corrected. As someone mentioned a few pages ago, there seem to be no visible differentiation of the old latches versus the new. Other than these two issues, I have had no other problems so far although my vehicle (serial # 6501) is from one of the early batches - touchwood!
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 13:30   #1348
BHPian

I keep checking this thread regularly. No much updates in this page clearly indicates the shortfall in deliveries by Mahindra due to infotainment and semi conductor shortage.

As there is absolute silence from dealer even after crossing the promised delivery date, I have reached out to Mahindra Area Sales Manager to get to know that my delivery date is now pushed to June !!!
Old 12th March 2021, 12:08   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
As there is absolute silence from dealer even after crossing the promised delivery date, I have reached out to Mahindra Area Sales Manager to get to know that my delivery date is now pushed to June !!!
Not surprising. Per latest information, Mahindra has garnered ~42K bookings for the Thar till date, and has delivered ~8K vehicles so far. With a production capacity of 3K per month (which is also a stretch, given the current situation), a waiting period of 9-10 months is not unrealistic by any means, unless Mahindra is able to further ramp its manufacturing capacity up (looks highly unlikely, though). Those who book now will end up getting a MY 2022 model in all probability

Last edited by cool_dube : 12th March 2021 at 12:16.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 19:52   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My vehicle went in for the first service today, the hood locks were replaced, and a mild left pulling issue corrected. As someone mentioned a few pages ago, there seem to be no visible differentiation of the old latches versus the new. Other than these two issues, I have had no other problems so far although my vehicle (serial # 6501) is from one of the early batches - touchwood!
Please start your ownership thread boss. And soon!

The combo of cars you have 530i (Euro chic’ and aspirational), and Thar (rugged, and aspirational still!) is amazing.

Did tou sell off your Ecosport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks