Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 12:57   #1216
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Won't work. First of all, there won't be any response. Second, if you reach out to their customer care they will say "Sir, dealer has the final say. We cannot comment on this. Please check with the dealer."
I am not suggesting that this will solve it for him. So there need not be a response or outcome. I am just saying if there is a negative experience it should be tweeted so it gets its due (negative) publicity. And let someone like Anand Mahindra and the brand be tagged so it reaches the audience that follows them.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:01   #1217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The long awaited call from the dealer finally came through today - i.e. My Thar is getting shipped this week.
Congratulations! and did they give you an update regarding the head unit, if it comes or minus that is going to be delivered?
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 15:25   #1218
Senior - BHPian

This is with the infotainment.
I believe they stopped the dispatches without the infotainment.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 15:27   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
To the members who have got their Thars, did the dealer force you too get the extended warranty and MGP kit worth ₹25k? I asked my dealer about this and they said they will not deliver the vehicle if I don’t opt for it. I enquired with two more dealers as well and its the same story with both of them.
Nothing new, many dealers in NCR are doing the same.

A friend of a friend was told that his vehicle won't be delivered unless a list of accessories was opted by him (approx 20k worth of accessories).

After a lot of drama he ended up buying the rear camera (around 4k I think) and the deal was done.

Another friend in an offroading group had to opt for the chrome kit and few other things.
Old 16th February 2021, 15:27   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
This is with the infotainment.
I believe they stopped the dispatches without the infotainment.

Congratulations, if you get a chance can you ask them if the deliveries at 'your' dealership has normalised? Or getting normalised?
Old 16th February 2021, 16:30   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Pancham da - I did check when I received the call this morning.
The dealer has been promised just 2 Thar's this month, and this is after a fully dry January. So, its not fully normalized yet. He jokingly said that these days, all he does at the showroom is to handle escalations and irate customers.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:33   #1222
BHPian

Thanks to the owners and members for replying to my query. I have contacted the customer care regarding the same and they have put in a complaint, hoping to get a positive outcome from this.
Old 17th February 2021, 11:58   #1223
Senior - BHPian

a question to those who have clocked 5k kms or more in the new Thar -

How is the front seat comfort on long drives, especially for heavy built folks ? The seats seem perfect for those between 5'5 - 5'8 and weighing roughly between 75-85 kgs. I found the seats to be well bolstered but a tad narrow and the high black dashboard and belt line also may give one a claustrophobic feel on long drives ?

What do long term users have to say ?
Old 17th February 2021, 13:35   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post

How is the front seat comfort on long drives, especially for heavy built folks ? The seats seem perfect for those between 5'5 - 5'8 and weighing roughly between 75-85 kgs. I found the seats to be well bolstered but a tad narrow and the high black dashboard and belt line also may give one a claustrophobic feel on long drives ?

I have clocked around 4900 km's
Done an Agra - Jaipur - Agra trip.
Drive for nearly 50 - 75 km's in town everyday. I have made this as my daily driver. I have an Innova and a Venue as well.

I am 6 feet tall and weigh nearly 100kg and the first few days I did feel the seat could have been wider but got used to it very fast.

Claustrophobic in this car - No way ! The sheer visibility in this and you sit atop makes it a delight. This car's ergonomics are good. Climbing in and out becomes a task if you regularly get in and out like I do which is like 6 - 7 stops I make due to the nature of my work but once you are in the driver's seat puts a grin to your face everytime.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 17:02   #1225
Senior - BHPian

I am now split on the decision over Thar and thinking it may be worth looking at it after an year. I hope the niggles would sort itself out in this period as Mahindra gets more feedback from the users. Also need more time to decide between Diesel/Petrol due to all the extra emissions equipment on BS6 diesels.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:38   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I am now split on the decision over Thar and thinking it may be worth looking at it after an year. I hope the niggles would sort itself out in this period as Mahindra gets more feedback from the users. Also need more time to decide between Diesel/Petrol due to all the extra emissions equipment on BS6 diesels.
there is no hurry, even October bookings are yet to be completed by the esteemed company. If you can wait a while even the 180 bhp stallion petrol will mark its entry. For the company to fulfill Oct bookings they are looking at a June-July timeline after which they will step towards november bookings. They have made a mess of the deliveries by out-of-turn allotments as well and now burdened with parts shortages. A jinxed year for Mahindra this is.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:38   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post

I have clocked 4.8k on my Thar including a 2500 km drive from Bhubaneswar to Jammu. I am 5' 11" n weigh 78 Kgs n didn't find the seat uncomfortable. In fact liked the ergonomics of the vehicle. Initially at first I was apprehensive about the seat size especially the underthigh support but did find it alright.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 18:52   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'd posted something similar earlier. While excitement got the better of some folks its always better to wait out the "User Acceptance Testing" period because UAT for Mahindra/Tata is post launch, unlike others.

As for fuel type, I've seen both Diesel & Petrol (both AT) in action in similar obstacles and petrol was a tad better, especially wherever more tyre rotations were needed to clear a rut, petrol seemed to perform better. We didn't indulge in extreme obstacles as both cars were brand new but petrol seemed to be a little more effortless when compared to the diesel. I guess drivers could've played a role also in how the cars behaved compared to each other.

On the road though, petrol seemed to be more spirited and refinement of the new engine is next level. Not to mention, the DPF tank in diesel is a shortcoming in diesel purely from vulnerability point of view when offroading, as if the low hanging radiator in front wasn't enough.

Petrol would be fuss free in negative temperatures, much more fun in dunes, less noisy during drives and much more sensible if you consider the probability of other Metros coming out with their own 10/15 yr rule in few years.

I've personally been addicted to the torque that's available in diesels, whether it was my 2010 Swift earlier or 2013 Fortuner now but one has to drive the Petrol Thar to appreciate its driveability.
fine69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 23:13   #1229
BHPian

The call has come. Yes it has, finally.

Dealer called that my car allotment should be done by first week of March. So hopefully another month to own the beast. This will be LX HT AT Diesel Red Rage.

How much ever I try to calm myself on the exuberance and excitement, I am jumping inside like a kid. And yes I am also scared hearing all the niggles and the worry is always there. Niggles, Diesel DPF, Mahindra service.. quite a few things keeping the mind busy. But I have taken a decision to become a Jeeper with all it entails. Hoping for an experience I will never regret.
justwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 00:11   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
But I have taken a decision to become a Jeeper with all it entails. Hoping for an experience I will never regret.
Super! I had to wait 4 years from the time I first went into the showroom to buy one , Lucky you. Make good use of it, Do interesting things with it and you're gonna have a lot of fun.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks