Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 14:18   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Yes that was my thoughts exactly. But thought ill put it across and see if there is some silver lining possible to get the thar. Lol.
Don't dismiss the Thar all together. If you are speaking of a small child (say up to 3 year old), the child needs to be put into the seat and strapped up and the 2-door Thar is not ideal for that. However for children between 3 and say 6, where it is ideal to have the child sit in a child seat, it is easy for them to get into the back seat and strap themselves in. In such a use case, Thar is probably safer than most other cars.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 18:05   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Is there any news of Thar deliveries happening? Mine is way past the CPD and the dealer says he has absolutely no information.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 12:31   #1203
VRJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is there any news of Thar deliveries happening? Mine is way past the CPD and the dealer says he has absolutely no information.
Yes, deliveries have begun again. I haven’t seen new ones in January though. A friend of mine took delivery of his black diesel MT HT a week ago. I ordered a black diesel HT AT back in October. The dealership, who’s a friend, keeps telling me that he hasn’t received any AT’s since two months. He has no clue when AT cars will come. They received 3 petrol and one diesel a week back. All MT’s.

Cheers!
VRJ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:56   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Not just Mahindra but almost all manufacturers are reeling under the impact of steel and semiconductor shortage that has hit the industry pretty bad. Given the erratic supply of these, assembly lines have gone out of steady state and dealers are not getting accurate projections from manufacturers around production capacity and delivery schedule.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:30   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Giving Up on the New Thar

I am cancelling my booking for the New Thar HT Petrol LX AT

Was one of the first ones to book through Sireesh Auto Bangalore and was given a delivery date around 27th January 2021

Today we are on 15th February and have not heard anything from Sireesh or from Mahindra.

This coupled with the news of unending niggles with the electricals of New Thar, almost all versions, I have made my decision.

Let things settle down and then may be

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 15th February 2021 at 17:31.
r_nairtvm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:44   #1206
Team-BHP Support

Re: Giving Up on the New Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Let things settle down and then may be

Best Regards & Drive Safe
Sad but you are not alone, many folks who have seen this fiasco have already cancelled and moved on. Pretty badly handled by Mahindra and dealers with absolutely zero transparency of how the booking is done and allocated. Even a simple excel sheet can do the job and make it clear!!

And might I add, if you are not in a hurry a preowned one will make more sense from a value for money perspective also for a second or third car.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:48   #1207
Senior - BHPian

I’m equally tempted to cancel.

What is irritating is the fact that they remain incommunicado and don’t care of a waiting customer. It was the same organisation that sent Ferraro Rocher chocolates for a delay and it’s the same organisation that is not able to send out any communication around a delivery date.

I understand that many Auto OEM’s are impacted, what is also equally important is that there are other OEM’s launching new models. Clearly M&M failed in their supply chain/sourcing/procurement planning functions.

My question is - what does it take for them to be transparent and keep the waiting customer posted? That doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 19:33   #1208
Senior - BHPian

I am in mood to cancel also. It isnt worth such a long wait.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 22:34   #1209
BHPian

To the members who have got their Thars, did the dealer force you too get the extended warranty and MGP kit worth ₹25k? I asked my dealer about this and they said they will not deliver the vehicle if I don’t opt for it. I enquired with two more dealers as well and its the same story with both of them.
Old 16th February 2021, 05:35   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
To the members who have got their Thars, did the dealer force you too get the extended warranty and MGP kit worth ₹25k? I asked my dealer about this and they said they will not deliver the vehicle if I don’t opt for it. I enquired with two more dealers as well and its the same story with both of them.
Getting the extended warranty is actually not a bad idea given the number of issues that have surfaced - may just be a blessing in disguise.

On the accessories, it's entirely your call. The dealer cannot force you.
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:29   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Couple of queries on behalf of my friend who got new petrol Thar.

1. He couldn't find any mention of the recommended octane rating in the car's manual. Is it ok to fill premium petrol(Speed 97, Power 99 etc) or normal petrol is preferred?

2. No mention of engine run-in process in the manual either. Any recommended rpm/speed to be maintained/limited for the first 1k kms? One normally finds these details in the manual. Not sure if it's hidden somewhere there.

3. Does anyone have a PDF copy of Thar manual?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 16th February 2021 at 08:35.
Old 16th February 2021, 08:35   #1212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
Keeping aside the prudence of extended warranty I think these kind of practices should be tweeted with dealer named and tagging people like Anand Mahindra. This is the kind of bullying that gives manufacturers and dealers alike a bad name.

However desirable your product there are enough fish in the market now for one to not have to tolerate such high handedness.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:56   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Couple of queries on behalf of my friend who got new petrol Thar......Thanks in advance.
1. Check page 14-34 of owner's manual PDF (link given below)

2. Check page 1-5 of owner's manual PDF (link given below)

3. https://auto.mahindra.com/service/owners-manual
comfortablynumb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:34   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Keeping aside the prudence of extended warranty I think these kind of practices should be tweeted with dealer named and tagging people like Anand Mahindra. This is the kind of bullying that gives manufacturers and dealers alike a bad name.

However desirable your product there are enough fish in the market now for one to not have to tolerate such high handedness.

Won't work. First of all, there won't be any response. Second, if you reach out to their customer care they will say "Sir, dealer has the final say. We cannot comment on this. Please check with the dealer."
Old 16th February 2021, 12:35   #1215
Senior - BHPian

The long awaited call from the dealer finally came through today - i.e. My Thar is getting shipped this week. I should be getting the Engine/Chassis number in a couple of days. This would be the LX/AT/HT in Napoli Black. Hopefully, by the end of this month, I should get to lay my hands and enjoy.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks