Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 08:44   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Sweet gesture - Mahindra seems to be sending Ferrero Rochers to owners who are in the long waiting list.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-mahindratharchocolatebox21068x601.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-mahindratharchocolatebox1.jpg
(Source - Rushlane)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 12:02   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sweet gesture - Mahindra seems to be sending Ferrero Rochers to owners who are in the long waiting list.

Attachment 2079013

Attachment 2079014
(Source - Rushlane)
That's a great initiative to keep customers engaged and make them feel that Mahindra has not forgotten their bookings

Btw, any updates on the aftermarket folks planning on the removable panels on the hardtop? When I last drove the hardtop variant, I particularly observed that the front panel of the hardtop is a separate piece and has a rubber beading to it from the inside as well, which for sure is removable when the bolts are unscrewed.
How did I wish Mahindra would have provided a transparent top removable panel to enjoy the outdoors? I believe that wouldn't add to the costs significantly.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:08   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
The dealer just informed me that the accessories worth 25000 in the quotation are mandatory by Mahindra and there's nothing they can do about it.

Does any other car maker do that ? The accessories I want won't even cross ₹9000 which includes expensive rubber mats. And I'm not going to ruin the Thar's exterior by putting those hideous accessories.
Hats off to Mahindra team.

After reading this post, there has been a lot that happened within mahindra and they tracked me down and their head of accessories Mr. Banerjee called me to clarify. Mr Pawan Goenka himself got involved.

So it was a miscommunication between the dealer and my cousin in another city and they didn't try to make it look like it's compulsory. I guess with the Thar, people's emotions and excitement causes an error in judgement (My cousin in this case ).

Mahindra's response to this post is exceptional and I have not seen any other car maker take up a comment on a platform to seriously.

Looking forward to getting the beast delivered now. Mine's expected soon
abhinavsureka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:23   #409
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra should come forward and make a clear statement on how and when bookings would be delivered!!

I have a dear friend who made one of the first booking in BLR on Oct 2, he was told Nov beginning delivery. Later that moved from beginning to end and now to 2021 for the hardtop. He wanted a Thar only for the hard top and now making him wait till 2021 and that too not very sure... is total nonsense. We all have lived with soft tops and know how it goes in the long run...

Instead of passifying people with chocolates and 'increased production' news push, folks at Mahindra should clarify in public about the delays and commit to definite timelines so that people can make the decision to wait or cancel bookings, instead of taking them for a ride.

As usual a company promises the sky and deliver nothing! Glad that I did not make the mistake of jumping into the bandwagon, but really feel for the folks who have to go through this.

People should start bombarding Mr Mahindra on twitter

ps: apparently people who made booking before Oct 2 launch for hard tops would be mostly getting delivery. So rest were fooled by the company and dealerships.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2020 at 13:27.
Jaggu is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:39   #410
BHPian

Don’t know what’s the point of confirmation from dealer when one books through the Mahindra website.

It seems all those who booked online, the order gets confirmed and put in queue only post entering the same from the selected dealer. It was mentioned few posts earlier.

On checking with my dealer it seems he punched my order from dealer side only on 19 October 20 where as I had booked online on 06 October 20.
and confirmed with the dealer the very next day on 07 October 20 by call and WhatsApp.

Now citing this am pressurising the dealer to arrange delivery on initial date promised but not sure that’s possible seeing the heavy demand.

Companies should either leave it all to the dealer or make it total online. This kind of act from the dealer and production of a particular colour/trim combinations in batch seems to be creating more delays everywhere.

High time the company comes clean on this, it surely creating bad PR for the company in long run.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:49   #411
BHPian

Hi Thar FANS!

Spotted the first THAR in my city (probably), on the road, and oh Boy! it looks huge and intimidating. I am in a I20 Active and generally seated above most sedans and hatchbacks, and you can still observe that the rear bumper of that matches the height of my hood.

MIGHTY IMPRESSED!

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20201107_1642311.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20201107_1641291.jpg

-NA
na_agrawal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 17:27   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
That's a great initiative to keep customers engaged and make them feel that Mahindra has not forgotten their bookings
And the letter and a box of Ferrero Rocher came in today. Not bad at all and my respect for them only went up a notch higher.

8 of those round chocolates (as a family , we just love those). One for each week of waiting.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-4dafa41cc37d4d27bb446fa25ff3ed0e.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-aca5d7d903c143e79b46b54907fdf73b.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th November 2020 at 18:55. Reason: typo
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 17:34   #413
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride. I am sure you are going to get a lot of envious looks on the road. The colour also looks nice. Enjoy.
Old 11th November 2020, 17:50   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
And the letter and a box of Ferraro Rocher came in today. Not bad at all and my respect for them only went up a notch higher.
A very nice gesture by Mahindra While most might just shrug it off as a "cover up for their incompetent planning", I see it as an honest and humble appeal to customers! How many companies have done that in the past?

Way to go, Mahindra!
Old 11th November 2020, 18:31   #415
BHPian

That's an expensive chocolate Box, and a sweet gesture.
Well done Mahindra
Old 11th November 2020, 18:39   #416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While most might just shrug it off as a "cover up for their incompetent planning"
Well what is it that then? How many manufacturers have taken bookings and not given any definite update on delivery? Hope you have also read about what people mentioned here about the whole booking process and how vague it is with booking date online and offline not matching. Has any other manufacturer messed it up more than this?

Yes it is very sweet gesture, 300 bucks worth chocolate box after you paid many thousands as a commitment to purchase.

Once again yes goof ups happen, coming out clean is what I would expect from this. Just say "this is your booking number and here is it where you stand with regards to delivery of your vehicle in x shade and y body type in all India and at this dealership". Won't that earn more goodwill than this?

Edit: How many bookings have they got? 20,000-30,0000? How difficult would that be for the info?

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2020 at 18:41.
Jaggu is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 19:47   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Same here, just received the box and letter.

Wish they had a similar commitment in communication regarding the delivery status. I haven't received any communication from Mahindra since booking, 8th October.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20201111_193747.jpg  

pariyadav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 19:55   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
When I last drove the hardtop variant, I particularly observed that the front panel of the hardtop is a separate piece and has a rubber beading to it from the inside as well, which for sure is removable when the bolts are unscrewed.
How did I wish Mahindra would have provided a transparent top removable panel to enjoy the outdoors? I believe that wouldn't add to the costs significantly.
Same here, I too made the same observation, but roof on the outside is a single piece, as far as I remember, so some mods may be required.

The image from the Mahindra is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20201111195439784_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 11th November 2020, 20:12   #419
Senior - BHPian

Pariya - You must have received an email from M&M ? I received one with the details of variants and colour and the delivery date. I’m assuming this is a standard practice.
Old 11th November 2020, 20:20   #420
BHPian

Where is my Thar, where is my ferrero rocher? I am now missing both of these.

Well, I did get a call from Mahindra (someone from the zonal office) apologising for the delay and how covid and massive bookings have caused the unprecedented demand. Although my CPD remains the same as 8th April 2021. I was asssured M&M is doing everything to get my Thar to me.

Doesn't take away anything from the chaos that they have created, but it was a good gesture from them.
justwheels is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks