Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 09:38   #391
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Can anyone in know of matter as to how Mahindra keeps the seniority of bookings?
It's the date we book online (for online bookings) or the day dealer confirms the booking to the company on their internal channel?
What takes priority?
As in my case (Booked online on 6 October 20) delivery date shifted from 12 December to 21 April, so little confusing. Where as manuals with hard top seems to be getting delivered though the presser from Mahindra said about delayed delivery of HT versions.

Am not sure how my booking shifted by 4 months even if all 10k bookings till 6 October are HT and AUTO/Manual whatever. Logically max delay ideally should be about 3 months even if my booking is the 10,000th one

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
On a side note I was thinking my customer promised delivery date of 7th June is a tad higher than most folks here especially considering I had booked it on 2nd Oct with a Petrol to Diesel switch on 6th Oct.

Thanks in advance
Technically switching variant on 06 October makes your booking same as mine, I too booked online on 06 October and my delivery date expected is 21 Apr/05 May.

Some how I feel the date of bookings and delivery dates for various people doesn't match up.
May be due to variants and manufacturing batch/color/specs are the reason. Still delays of 4-5 months for bookings done in 1st week itself is intriguing.

Last edited by techfreak : 9th November 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Added content.
techfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 10:02   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Can anyone in know of matter as to how Mahindra keeps the seniority of bookings?
It's the date we book online (for online bookings) or the day dealer confirms the booking to the company on their internal channel?
What takes priority?
As in my case (Booked online on 6 October 20) delivery date shifted from 12 December to 21 April, so little confusing. Where as manuals with hard top seems to be getting delivered though the presser from Mahindra said about delayed delivery of HT versions.

Am not sure how my booking shifted by 4 months even if all 10k bookings till 6 October are HT and AUTO/Manual whatever. Logically max delay ideally should be about 3 months even if my booking is the 10,000th one
Maybe Mahindra decided to shut down plant for Nov & Dec to automate and upgrade their plants for higher production numbers as someone in this thread earlier recalled his Mahindra contact saying to him.

In that case the 500 or so Thar's being delivered now were manufactured in October after booking was opened. And that is what their original capacity perhaps is viz 500 Thar's a month. It was a low-volume product that moved around 6000 odd pieces per annum before the update.
lurker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 10:57   #393
BHPian

Quote:

Some how I feel the date of bookings and delivery dates for various people doesn't match up.
They wont match up, once the vehicles are allocated by mahindra to the dealer its the dealers ball game how he choses to allot it further my friend booked on 08/10 two days after i booked and he got his thar delivered yesterday
When i cancelled my booking the SA slyly said (sirjee dilwadunga thore se bas extra lagenge) roughly translated to ,will get you the thar at an additional cost. Politely declined and got the refund
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 11:20   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZeR24 View Post
Congratulations on the new set of wheels, may this mark the start of multiple adventures and memories.

On a side note I was thinking my customer promised delivery date of 7th June is a tad higher than most folks here especially considering I had booked it on 2nd Oct with a Petrol to Diesel switch on 6th Oct.

Any thoughts on how should I proceed? Should I wait for the delivery date to take its natural course or should I check with the dealer and ask to revisit the dates? Also is there any merit in exploring an alternate dealer?

Thanks in advance
I think you should hang on unless you are badly in need of a vehicle and wouldn't mind shifting loyalties to another manufacturer.

The manufacturing and the subsequent delivery process depends on a lot of variables. Variant you booked (engine, transmission, top, color), the current batch being run through the assembly line, the number of cumulative bookings at your dealer etc. and any changes that one might have opted for after booking - like in your case. And to top it off, the overwhelming demand for the vehicle which Mahindra didn't of course anticipate.

Moving to another dealer won't help either as your clock would wound back and start from zero again.

Its a bit of a lucky draw it seems with no apparent logic on the delivery schedule. So you might just want to hang on.
Slipstream11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:31   #395
BHPian

One a positive note, I suggest all those who have booked now can take the delayed delivery period to save up some more big Gandhis to add extra downpayment so that EMI effect can be reduced. Moreover Iam pretty sure that 90% of those who have booked Thar will be already owning a car, so urgency of an automobile is not going to be a major issue here. Glad to see the commencement of deliveries of this mean machine.. God Speed to all those lucky customers !
highwaypatrol is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:33   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZeR24 View Post
Any thoughts on how should I proceed? Should I wait for the delivery date to take its natural course or should I check with the dealer and ask to revisit the dates? Also is there any merit in exploring an alternate dealer?
Quote:
What takes priority?
The delivery date keeps shifting based on factors like variant/ transmission/ top, as well as cancellations. I don't think the delivery will take that long. Keep checking with your dealer every Monday (delivery date updates usually occurs on Fridays/ Saturdays in their system). If you're not satisfied with the response, you can always reach out to Mahindra customer care with the OTF ID (Order taking form ID) and Order Number.

What might intervene is if there is a cancellation or variant change of a confirmed order, and the dealer allots it to you out if turn (or based on the seniority of the dealership's booking list)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Maybe Mahindra decided to shut down plant for Nov & Dec to automate and upgrade their plants for higher production numbers
This is not true, at least not according to an Area Sales Manager. They are maximizing production to reduce wait times. However, guess would be that they will minimize manufacturing after mid December to ensure 2020 dated vehicles do not spill-over to 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
One a positive note, I suggest all those who have booked now can take the delayed delivery period to save up some more big Gandhis to add extra downpayment so that EMI effect can be reduced.
This is the best way to look at it!
ph03n!x is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 22:27   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

On Sunday morning, while riding past, I noticed that one of the dealers here (Vayalat Mahindra) had finally received their Thars and had kept a row of them displayed and ready for delivery. So I stopped for a quick look around. They had name tags on the dash of each Thar so that customers would know which one was theirs. I noticed it was mostly hard tops, there was just one soft top in this batch. The wheels on the soft top were a bit of an eye sore but other than that, everything else about the batch of Thars was quite impressive. And only one of them was an automatic.

I really am liking the new Thar in black, the home minister loves the black Harrier!

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20201108_075810.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20201108_075813.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20201108_075823.jpg

Last edited by neil.jericho : 9th November 2020 at 22:29.
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 23:52   #398
BHPian

To the folks here who has booked the Thar, has the "Promise Date" moved forward even if there was no alteration to the booking or is it only for those who has made some kind of changes either to the engine or variant ?

If booking date moves ahead even if there's no change in product its a big disappointment
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 00:22   #399
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the AX and AX standard models have been silently removed from the website. Wonder what Mahindra is upto!

The AX optional is still listed , but this is a pointless variant since one can get the significantly more loaded LX for not so much more.
Old 10th November 2020, 00:58   #400
BHPian

Mahindra has removed all 6-seater variants. I think there is only 4 seater variant available as of now.

Maybe they did not receive enough bookings to keep the 6 seater variant alive anymore. Moreover the 6 Seater doesn't make much sense now.
Old 10th November 2020, 09:14   #401
Senior - BHPian

CPD it seems depends from dealer to dealer. In no way should it move to April 2021 from Dec 2020. That just means that the dealer has diverted your number to someone else. Take it up with the dealer or escalate it to Mahindra.

Do not expect the same level of transparency from a Mahindra as you would of a Toyota. But their dealer should not shaft a customer so brazenly.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:09   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
CPD it seems depends from dealer to dealer. In no way should it move to April 2021 from Dec 2020. That just means that the dealer has diverted your number to someone else. Take it up with the dealer or escalate it to Mahindra.

Do not expect the same level of transparency from a Mahindra as you would of a Toyota. But their dealer should not shaft a customer so brazenly.
Damn.
Never thought on this line as my booking is done online so I thought dealer will not manipulate it. Never the less let me now take it up on Mahindra customer care on Twitter n Insta.
Old 10th November 2020, 13:40   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Damn.
Never thought on this line as my booking is done online so I thought dealer will not manipulate it. Never the less let me now take it up on Mahindra customer care on Twitter n Insta.
Please check with dealer and ask for a screenshot of their report. On that report you should see the booking date. The actual booking date seems is the date order form is filled up. In my case also I booked online on 10th Oct but dealer never got any confirmations. When I provided the confirmation number, the order form was filled and hence my booking shows 12 Oct. You could be in a similar soup and hence delay (may be).
justwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 18:20   #404
Senior - BHPian

The CPD is Mahindra system given and not necessarily under the control or influence of the dealer. That being said, if the dealer had not finished his paper work and had delayed the inputs in the system, then, there is this chance of a the CPD being late.

I did the mistake too, booked on 4th and left with just the receipt but with no booking confirmation or acknowledgement. It then dawned on me that I need to chase the dealer to get the formal confirmation of booking. That's when the 'End November Saar' changed to a more formal commit from them for 21st Jan 2021.
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:41   #405
BHPian

Mod Note : Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support. Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2020 at 11:00.
pariyadav is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks