Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Arun View Post
Thar delivery update:

It's a boy!

Booked: October 2020
Delivery: July 2021
Time elapsed : 9 long months.
Congrats Captain! Finally!! Looking forward to meet the boy, intro him to his brother-from-another-mother
ph03n!x is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 11:52   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra Thar buyers to get free 2 day trial of Thar and discounts on accessories for delayed deliveries.

Attachment 2178923

Veejay Nakra describes, the company is offering a 2-day use of Thar free of cost. Mahindra has requested customers to wait for their turn for the 2-day free trial of Thar. In addition, Thar customers whose deliveries are delayed will be eligible for 30% discount on Mahindra Genuine Accessories.

Customers will be notified individually, as and when the slots will be available.

Source
Many prospective Thar owners may cancel bookings after the two day trial. Perhaps, it's Mahindra's idea to reduce bookings through this move. Once that happens, even waiting periods may come down. :-P

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 15th July 2021 at 11:53.
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 14:25   #1893
BHPian

Finally got hold of Hella 470 Pencil Beam!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1626425540551.jpg  

MithunSathianat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:19   #1894
BHPian

I haven't seen any others here report a similar letter, or any other sites put up any news about this. It's strange.[/quote]

Hi tsgoutham, yesterday I received a similar letter along with discount coupon for thar accessories from my dealer CAI Coimbatore
surgvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:41   #1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys who have recently taken delivery, could you please share the insurance amount you paid? The following details will be helpful:

1. Insurer name/co.:
2. IDV amount:
3. Self/showroom:
4. Premium amount:
1. Insurer name/co.:Bharti AXA through American Express
2. IDV amount: 1216000
3. Self/showroom: Self
4. Premium amount: 54800

Add ons:
(a) Consumables Cover
(b) Depreciation Cover
(c) Engine and gearbox protection
(d) Return to invoice
(e) Key Replacement Cover

Mine is Petrol LX HT MT. Delivered on 14 July.

Last edited by g_shyam : 18th July 2021 at 19:10. Reason: missed a zero in the IDV amount
g_shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 20:27   #1896

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Finally got hold of Hella 470 Pencil Beam!
Looking good! Please share where you got them.
The Grill looks really good, the paint matching is in point. I have seen many videos wherein the paint quality on the aftermarket grill seemed below par. Request if you can share the details from where you bought it and installed it.
g_shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 20:31   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Was looking at the price hike on the Thar - the ex-showroom prices have moved like this:

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-thar-price-increase.png

• The ex-factory prices are up between ₹ 49,784.46 for the LX Diesel MT models to ₹ 90,325.00 for the LX Petrol AT models
  • This translates to an ex-showroom increase of - like you see in the table - ₹ 73,681 and ₹ 133,681
  • The increase is in the range of 5.69% to 9.94% - the most VFM model now (vs. launch price) is the LX Diesel MT variants
  • For Tamil Nadu, the on-road prices are up between ₹ 88,965.87 and a whooping ₹ 161,412.66!
Had I booked my Thar now, I will be paying an eye-watering, heart-bleeding ₹ 161,411.45 more than what I did!

I think those who booked before Dec 1st are still protected from the price hike - not sure if M&M has given similar assurances for those who booked from Dec till June.
ph03n!x is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 00:31   #1898
BHPian

Its a shame if M&M don't protect those who have booked the vehicle at least upto 1st of April 2021. All those who have booked already has taken their decision knowing the looming extended and uncertain waiting period and still went ahead and shown the loyalty with the brand. If M&M is reading this, please understand, Indian customers are not that forgiving. Your misadventures and greediness will back fire if you plan to loot your customer base !
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 08:23   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Its a shame if M&M don't protect those who have booked the vehicle at least upto 1st of April 2021. All those who have booked already has taken their decision knowing the looming extended and uncertain waiting period and still went ahead and shown the loyalty with the brand. If M&M is reading this, please understand, Indian customers are not that forgiving. Your misadventures and greediness will back fire if you plan to loot your customer base !
Let’s hope that happens but I don’t think Mahindra will announce anything. Earlier they would do this before any price increase or at least closer to the cut off date. In this case, the price has already been increased. If they announce it for customers who booked before Apr 1, then people who booked on Apr 2 may contest saying why not us. But had they announced it on March 31 or before, then it would not have been an issue I think.

Last edited by Pancham : 19th July 2021 at 08:24.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:44   #1900
BHPian

1 question to all petrol Thar owners: What was the biggest influencing factor to buy the petrol variant over the diesel variant?

I've not yet taken a test drive of the Thar, but would love to know about the real owners' perspective.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th July 2021, 13:02   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
1 question to all petrol Thar owners: What was the biggest influencing factor to buy the petrol variant over the diesel variant?

I've not yet taken a test drive of the Thar, but would love to know about the real owners' perspective.

Thanks in advance.
I have booked an automatic petrol CT. I test drove both the petrol and diesel variants. My decision was based on a few factors:

1. My usage is pretty limited- maybe 5000 km/year, so FE and petrol vs diesel costs don't factor much
2. I found the petrol engine to be quieter, more responsive than the diesel.
3. I feel that the general trend now is automakers are switching to petrol vehicles. Stricter pollution norms and government policies are usually more strict towards diesel vehicles.

I guess if Thar is going to be your daily workhorse, then diesel makes a bit more sense, but in my case I would be using it as a 2nd or 3rd option.
Cavityavenger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 13:44   #1902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
I guess if Thar is going to be your daily workhorse, then diesel makes a bit more sense, but in my case I would be using it as a 2nd or 3rd option.
Agree that Petrol makes sense for those who do not rack up a lot of miles.

BUT - We have see on this very forum that whoever thought this would be a second or third car, ended up driving it everyday and everywhere

Its a Jeep thing, it can do many things to an otherwise normal person.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 18:01   #1903

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the exact wheel size along with offset that Mahindra is providing for both 16 and 18 inches tyres? I tried looking it up but could not find any detail other than the tyre profile and the PCD.
Old 19th July 2021, 19:04   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
While I do not have one yet, my Thar will be a petrol for sure, whenever I buy it. Reasons:
  • Performance of the mStallion unit is B L I S T E R I N G, compared to the mHawk. I say this, having test-driven petrol and diesel Thar's back to back over a good 20 km. Check out some of the reviews of the petrol Thar on Youtube.
  • Refinement is amazing, compared to the diesel. Absolutely no engine noise inside the cabin, even with the A/C off. Feels like driving an EV on the run.
  • Avoidance of DEF/AdBlue refills every xxx kms! I have a BS6 diesel, and believe me, it is a constantly niggling thought at the back of my mind
As long as you are okay with relatively higher running costs (more expensive fuel and relatively lower FE), there is absolutely no reason to choose the diesel over petrol.

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th July 2021 at 19:09.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:42   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
  • Avoidance of DEF/AdBlue refills every xxx kms! I have a BS6 diesel, and believe me, it is a constantly niggling thought at the back of my mind
Checking in on this point - can you elaborate more, incl. your current vehicle, usage (city/ highway %) and its DEF usage?

My Diesel Thar drank 8 liter of DEF (20 liter tank) in 9250 KM, and the cost peer liter was ~75 bucks. Going by this trend, I can do ~23,000 KM in a tank of DEF. However, my usage has been like 80% highways, 15% city and 5% ghats/ hills and offroad.

I do not know how much of an impact it will have on DEF usage if, say, my city usage becomes 75% (and I will dread that - running a jeep in concrete jungles! ).

Last edited by ph03n!x : 19th July 2021 at 20:43.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks