Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 11:14   #2176
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Has anyone tried unmuting the lock/unlock chirps? I tried the usual 3 second simultaneous press of the lock and unlock buttons - without any luck.
Old 13th September 2021, 13:00   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Who says one can't do off-roading or river rafting within Delhi itself

Got a chance to experience Thar's magic this weekend while going to the airport. It was raining quite heavily in NCR since Friday and by Saturday morning, all under-passes roads had turned into swimming pools.
Had a similar fortune as I had to travel to sector 8 Faridabad to get my jab. With potholes deeper than craters on the moon, it felt as if tarmac was never laid on the last few miles to the hospital. I was accompanied by 3 family members and I would have usually taken my creta/crv due to ease of access to the 2nd row. Fortunately heart wanted to take the Thar and the family agreed. It turned out to be an excellent decision. Not only was the journey comfortable but also enjoyable. Even the deepest of potholes didn't trouble the Thar and the ride felt very soft(Potholes were taken at very low speeds) it was infact a revelation.

Also, you are getting excellent fuel efficiency for a petrol manual. Is it by tank to tank method? My D AT is giving close to 10kmpl in Delhi, with most of my traveling in low traffic conditions and frequent expressway runs.The MID shows 13 kmpl though.
Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 13:19   #2178
BHPian

Got the call today from the dealership that my LX Petrol manual has arrived, it was allocated to someone else but that fellow refused to take the delivery, and I being next in line, got the benefit

I will be taking the delivery by Sunday.

Can you guys suggest the must-have accessories? I'm also planning to upgrade the tyres, what would be the best size for the stock wheels?

Last edited by daf23 : 13th September 2021 at 13:23.
daf23 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 14:13   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Also getting around 11.2Kmpl in the city now with AC. Pretty satisfied with the mileage of Petrol MT. The car has run 1040 kms and will be taking it for first service.
You have Petrol Thar? How is mileage in city driving with occasional drives to Gurgaon?

I am in NCR but open to buy Diesel provided its a better engine and more fun to drive. One of the reasons is that my driving is only about 1000KM a month.

Between Diesel AT and Petrol AT which is more fun to drive and will have lesser maintenance issue?

Also is it safe to take Thar delivery by next year? Would Mahindra have sorted out initial niggles by then?
Old 13th September 2021, 18:24   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

Also, you are getting excellent fuel efficiency for a petrol manual. Is it by tank to tank method? My D AT is giving close to 10kmpl in Delhi, with most of my traveling in low traffic conditions and frequent expressway runs. The MID shows 13 kmpl though.
This is by tank-full method. I have done two tank-full now and covered 1040 kms. Last tank MID AFE was 12.3 kmpl and tank-full AFE was 11.2 kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
You have Petrol Thar? How is mileage in city driving with occasional drives to Gurgaon?

I am in NCR but open to buy Diesel provided its a better engine and more fun to drive. One of the reasons is that my driving is only about 1000KM a month.

Between Diesel AT and Petrol AT which is more fun to drive and will have lesser maintenance issue?

Also is it safe to take Thar delivery by next year? Would Mahindra have sorted out initial niggles by then?
The mileage I have reported includes some runs to Gurgaon.

Petrol is clearly the more powerful engine and fun to drive than diesel. Pick the MT over AT if you are concerned about mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Got the call today from the dealership that my LX Petrol manual has arrived, it was allocated to someone else but that fellow refused to take the delivery, and I being next in line, got the benefit

I will be taking the delivery by Sunday.

Can you guys suggest the must-have accessories? I'm also planning to upgrade the tyres, what would be the best size for the stock wheels?
Congrats! In how much time since the booking did you get the car?

The must-have accessories are mud-flaps, floor mats, arm-rest, headlight upgrade and rear-camera according to me.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 07:47   #2181

Did anyone find good floor mats for Thar 2020? I am still unable to find a good one and not liking the Mahindra mats.

Did anyone try this -
https://www.hotcarshop.in/productdet...s&_pc=PROD3113
Old 14th September 2021, 08:27   #2182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Sid,

Please check out Farad India and they do have locking nuts for Thar at a great price. A couple of pictures of my enquiry for Thar are attached. I'm using them on the wheels of my Fortuner 2021 model as I have BFG KO2s on them, and as you know the price of BFGs is appreciating much better than the share market now
Hi Folks, I have received the new Thar exclusive 5 wheel lock nuts kit yesterday. Posting it here for your consumption.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210914_080157.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210914_080249_capture.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210914_080328_capture.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20210914_080416.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 08:57   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks, I have received the new Thar exclusive 5 wheel lock nuts kit yesterday. Posting it here for your consumption.
Where did you get it from, and for how much - I contacted them n was given an Amazon link, but the images only show 4 nuts. I've asked them the question...
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:38   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Where did you get it from, and for how much - I contacted them n was given an Amazon link, but the images only show 4 nuts. I've asked them the question...
Hi, I have spoken with the Farad India guy and then got the kit for new Thar. I will PM you the details.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:51   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have spoken with the Farad India guy and then got the kit for new Thar. I will PM you the details.
Hi Surya. It will be great if you can share the details here as it will help a lot more people. If it’s private then please do PM me the details as well.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 10:01   #2186
Senior - BHPian

I think our roads are only going to get worse (No thanks to global warming, and an apathetic administration who don't care). Only SUV body styles will rule. How does this spell out for EV technologies, I wonder
Quote:
Who says one can't do off-roading or river rafting within Delhi itself
Old 14th September 2021, 10:02   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Surya. It will be great if you can share the details here as it will help a lot more people. If it’s private then please do PM me the details as well.
Hi,

I spoke with Mahendra of Farad India and he helped me out with the kits applicable to my new Fortuner 2021 model and the yet to be delivered, Thar! Mahendra's mobile number is +917507801517.

I am no way related to Farad company and am just a happy, satisfied Customer
getsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:57   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I spoke with Mahendra of Farad India and he helped me out with the kits applicable to my new Fortuner 2021 model and the yet to be delivered, Thar! Mahendra's mobile number is +917507801517.

I am no way related to Farad company and am just a happy, satisfied Customer
Thanks for the details. Ordered the same for my Thar as well.

Update:

Yet to go to the Mahindra Dealership for the seat issue as well as the roof issue.
The windscreen issue was not as such an issue. My friend who owns a detailing studio had taken the car for detailing and did a nano coat on the windscreen which ends up making the whole winscreen shimmer when the sunlight falls at an angle. Rest the visibility at night is actually enhanced and the there is a substantial water beading effect on the windscreen.
Thank god I didn't go earlier and get it changed.

Next on the wheels rubbing on the calipers, I didn't get any support or exchange offer from the Wheel dealer 44 wheels in Indore. This was a technical issue that even he could not have foreseen but expected some sort of a support none the less. Anyways still wouldn't blame him completely for this debacle.
Hurts when you've invested such a huge amount in a beautiful set of wheels and this happen.
But we're Indian Engineers! So we've just shaved off that section which came in contact with the calipers and I'm a happy man!

In another news the Rock Sliders from Arka have landed and are to be installed in the next few days. I love the upward inclined shape in which they are made. Rock Sliders in true sense since a straight heavy pipe runs across and would slide over the rock.
Pics coming soon.
navpreet318 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 16:38   #2189
BHPian

Question for all the Thar Hard Top owners.

Has anyone faces any Hard top discoloration or Fading issues?
Also How to protect the Hardtop from probable damage?

Like just damage from UV rays, also from small Projectiles or tree branches, obviously not big branches but small branches which leave small dent on normal car roofs when parked under trees?
Is there any chances of cracks on the Hard top.
Will be covered under warranty?

My question might sound a bit over the top, but I recently had a dent on the roof of my Celerio cause a small tree branch fell on the roof on a windy day. Hence, I am worried.

Line-x or PU coating not available in my place.

Thanks in Advance
Old 16th September 2021, 19:10   #2190

After long and extensive exchange of email’s with the Mahindra customer support team and equal amount of phone calls with the senior management, Mumbai division, I still stand at the same place where I did on 15th of December 2020. No confirmation at all on the delivery date. Initially a few weeks back everything was set, it was confirmed that I’ll be getting my delivery in the second week of the current month but again today I get a call from the dealership that your vehicle cannot be delivered now and we cannot provide you a date because of the shortage of chip.
It’s really gets frustrating to see all of this happening and no commitment even after entering the 10th month of waiting period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks