Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 16:25   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
I knew this would happen one day (reporting spresso under SUV category). I was so upset with them calling it an SUV during launch that i lamented about this in medium.com last year
To avoid going off topic, Between a Safari and an Espresso, I do not find these two vehicles very different, in fact most crossovers and hatchbacks share the same setup.

Size and seating capacity is a given, but underneath they seem to have more in common than otherwise.

Unibody, FWD, McPherson Strut, Torsion beam, 4 doors and an enclosed Wagon body - as far as the basics go, they are identical - scaled to size of course.
Old 15th July 2021, 17:23   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
. The RC book now says that my insurance is from Future Generali! .
RC Book shows Insurance details ? Did not know of this. I dont think the RC card will.
Old 15th July 2021, 21:29   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
RC Book shows Insurance details ? Did not know of this. I dont think the RC card will.
The mRC book on Parivahan App
Old 16th July 2021, 07:55   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
Dealer says they have uploaded the details/document I gave and tdon't know how this happened. They said the insurance company will have the answers. Apparently, RTO servers talk to insurance companies and the dealer has no say, if there is a mistake. TATA AIG says they have no connection with Future (seems obvious) and any claim, TATA AIG will process.
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. As long as you have a valid insurance policy, the clerical error on the virtual RC shouldn't make a difference. Maybe you can switch to Future Generali on renewal if you get a good price!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2021 at 19:18. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 11:08   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Tata Safari Ride & Handling Review

Still, it's not what we would call "plush" & there is simply no comparison with cars like the Duster & Hexa. This isn’t a car that can flatten bad roads like a Duster / Hexa. Yet again, it's not going to round off bumps like the Hexa could and you will always be aware of the kind of road you are driving on. What's nice is that the suspension goes about its job silently - it's not clunky or loud.
A few months ago, before the lockdown, I chose the Hexa on zoom car and did a 1500km round trip. The zoom car Hexa was badly maintained -- yet, I really loved the ride quality and handling on straight and twisty mountain roads with full load-- and even with the horrible, balding JK tyres, the Hexa gave me superb confidence. Since I was thoroughly impressed with the ride quality and handling, I thought I will consider the new safari. But the observations in the official review is on the other side of things. Now, I'm not sure if I should consider the new Safari. Even a test drive will give me only one half of the truth and I might get disappointed using this as a mile muncher expecting Hexa-like ride quality. Maybe, I will wait for the Jeep 7-seater.
gigatech2006 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 11:25   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Even a test drive will give me only one half of the truth and I might get disappointed using this as a mile muncher expecting Hexa-like ride quality. Maybe, I will wait for the Jeep 7-seater.
Won't the outcome of the 7 Seater Jeep test drive also be equally compromised? How will you decide either way? I don't think a reviewer's opinion should result in a decision by default. Ride quality perception & tolerance is extremely person dependent.

You should negotiate and work out a test drive of long distance and do it to your complete satisfaction, to make an informed decision between the car options you have. Don't compromise on it and take a summary 1-2 Kms TD. You are planning to spend 25 or more big ones, the dealership must respect that.
(P.S. - I suggest you better not use Hexa as the benchmark. You are going to have very few options to select from otherwise.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th July 2021 at 11:27.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:17   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Won't the outcome of the 7 Seater Jeep test drive also be equally compromised? How will you decide either way?
No. I don't think so. I've driven the Compass and I know how good the ride and handling are. The reason I stuck to the Hexa and didn't bring in the Compass implies that I'm comparing only TATA products and that I expected the ride quality to be on par with Hexa if not better as it's in a different price segment and is a newer car. I believe the Jeep 7-seater will have a fairly comparable suspension setup of the compass, if not better (FCA should do a really shoddy product management job to botch the suspension setup, if we are talking about 'probabilities' here). The reason I was sticking to the Safari and Hexa was purely from a cost perspective. If i'm going to spend a big 35+ for a Jeep 7-seater, I will bring in the Ford Endeavor or Fortuner for comparison -- at that time.
Old 16th July 2021, 22:40   #1088
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Can anyone who has experienced seats of both the Innova and Safari comment on the seat comfort and cushioning of all the rows of the Safari when compared to the Innova?

Although I know that it is the Innova that is more comfortable over longer distances and overall too, but I want the experts and everyone at Team-BHP's views on how close or far behind the Safari is in comfort when compared to that of the Innova?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th July 2021, 07:22   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Since I was thoroughly impressed with the ride quality and handling, I thought I will consider the new safari.
The Hexa is a Body on Frame, while the Harrier/Safari 2021 are Monocoque's. The two will be different. Jeep - again monocoque.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 11:31   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolHead2272 View Post
Hello Everyone!

Can anyone who has experienced seats of both the Innova and Safari comment on the seat comfort and cushioning of all the rows of the Safari when compared to the Innova?
I have done multiple 10+ hrs trip with all seats occupied in both Safari and Innova crysta. 1st and 3rd row comfort in Safari is far better than Innova due to more space and 2nd row is a tie, both are equally comfortable. However as multiple people have already pointed out, Safari has added additional leg room in 3rd row by compromising boot space which can become an issue for longer trips. Innova overall manages to do space management with 3rd row up slightly better.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:14   #1091
BHPian

Hi All,

This post is to get some help and advice from you all.

I booked a Safari XZA+ from the TATA dealer My DSM, Kurla in Mumbai in April. I paid an initial booking amount and was informed that the delivery would happen around 10th June. I started following up for the chassis allocation around 1st June and closer to the date of delivery the delivery date was moved and kept moving forward every one week. In early July I got a call from My DSM Kurla to pay some deposit amount so as to secure a vehicle. Hesitatingly I gave some deposit amount (big mistake) for which I received the receipts. All this while the dealer kept refusing to give final delivery date on mail - all verbal communications which were never honored.

Finally around 10th July after much wait, I decided to write emails to the company and also tweeted to Ratan Tata citing a default of payment. Finally things started moving and I received some mail communication and a call from the company - no final date of delivery yet.

While delayed deliveries are a norm, it's not where I need your help. Once I spoke to the company official, he informed me that My DSM is not authorized to sell a Tata Safari as he has some funds crunch at his end. And he is trying to source me a Safari from another dealer. This spooked me out - not sure why but it did. May be the lack of transparency or the outright lies that the dealer kept telling me.

Since this piece of information, I been have insisting on a refund or a mail from a official Tata Motors email ID that what My DSM is doing is an allowed practice and all future commitments of return/service will be honored. My worry is in case the Safari I get develops issues right at the outset and has to be returned, My DSM cannot do jack. The dealer from which he has bought the car wouldn't be able to help me either and I will be stuck with a lemon for life.

What would be the your view here? What would you do - insist on a refund or take the car if Tata's confirm on mail that all's fine with this practice? IMO, this sounds like a compliance issue for which heads should role if it gets caught in audit - its something which would happen in the companies where I've worked. Not sure how strong Tata's compliance practices are.

Looking forward to some help here.

Thanks
red herring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:20   #1092
BHPian

Went for a short drive. Found a great location for pictures.
2021 Tata Safari Review-b37b673e95914c6b8c93df45231c3f75.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-e44d72949cdf4971aa5bc68e43c302e7.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-524f35beea0f4a6daefb16c23a9fee8d.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-cca56a148010481bb80048f7a2c134c2.jpeg
ashish2135 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 17:11   #1093
BHPian

Test drove the Tata Safari automatic today. Pretty good. Only problem was the armrests weren't that helpful (neither of them). Right one was a bit too far, and left one a bit too behind. So unable to easily rest the elbows on either of them.

3rd row legroom was awesome!
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 17:38   #1094

Hi,

I am all set to go in for SAFARI XZA . Did the test drives . finalised the color.
Mentally prepared and convinced myself to handle niggles and famed service support of TATA's. Financially prepared to stretch from Tata Harrier to TATA Safari Infact the stretch is quiet a big from Hyundai Creta to TATA Safari.
Heart says go for it , Mind says ..wait for some more time and see the XUV 700 launch and then take a call .

Need help...Is it worth waiting for XUV 700 ?
dsingh70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 21:01   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi,

Heart says go for it , Mind says ..wait for some more time and see the XUV 700 launch and then take a call .

Need help...Is it worth waiting for XUV 700 ?
Even though I’m an unabashed fan of Safari, I would still advise to check new XUV 700. It has some amazing, first in the class features.

And once you check out both the cars, you will make a more balanced decision. We don’t plonk down that much money very often. And you don’t want to regret your decision later.
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks