Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 22:44   #1006

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

- Booked on 22nd Sept after confirming monthly allotment incoming on 29th
- Did PDI on 27th Sept. Also handed over my trusted 2010 D4D Fortuner to Dealership (bittersweet moment).
- Expected Delivery is tomorrow (29th Sept) afternoon.

Overall a superb dealership experience. All processes were fast tracked to make sure the delivery happens before Durga Puja.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_141549.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_141452.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_141440.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_141257.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_140930.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_140713.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_140654.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_140604.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20220927_140553.jpg  

mikepapa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 22:53   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
What the is make month/ year of your vehicle. Was given to understand that all new vehicles were coming with new injectors: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5359911 (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review)
Mine is June 2022 manufactured and still faced the issue.
Advisor told me that the latest manufactured vehicles are also coming in plenty with this issue.
Kaydee55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:41   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Its an accessory sold by dealer, needs wiring and probably removal of door pad.
Toyota one needs removal of the Odometer in the dashboard, for installation.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 20:54   #1009

Got the delivery today. It was indeed a great moment! We requested Toyota U Trust to get our old steed who we have handed over to them 2 days back. The older one (Optimus Prime) passing on the matrix of leadership to the newer one (Ultra Magnus). The delivery experience with Viva Toyota, Hunasamaranahalli was awesome. Made the experience sweet with all the bells and whistles. The family liked it!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220929wa0027.jpg  

mikepapa is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:20   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Got the delivery today
Many congratulations, and wishing you lakhs of happy and safe km on the Fortuner. The color looks lovely.

You have just got yourself what is probably the last of a dying breed of big displacement diesels before hybrids and EVs take over. Enjoy it while you can. And yes, may the DPF Gods be kind to you
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:31   #1011

Bought the Mighty Fortuner home!

Finally, after long PDI's and couple of sleepless nights, we finally took delivery of the vehicle on Wednesday afternoon. Delivery was done at Nandi Toyota - Kanakapura Road and it was seamless. The usual sweet distribution along with Key Handover and the photoshoot session. The Salesperson had told that the number plate would not be available, but he'd try to procure them before delivery. I was pleasantly surprised when he informed us that the number plates had come and the same was fitted after the key’s handover ceremony. I had also got the 360-degree camera fitted at Toyota. Attaching a few pics for your viewing pleasure. The Puja was done at Ganesha temple in Jayanagar. It was kind of gut wrenching to see a brand-new OLA S1 scooter bought for Puja just refusing to start. It was stuck at P and the poor guy was frantically making calls to the support folks. My heart goes out to his experience. Hope his issues are sorted soon.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-key-handover.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-family-car.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-handsome-beast.jpg
We went to our native temple about 100km from Bangalore to seek the blessings. A few things that I was able to notice immediately after coming from the 2012 Fortuner.

Positives:
  1. The Engine is super smooth and delivers negligible noise when compared to my old beast.
  2. The clutch is not very heavy and gear shifting’s are a breeze. iMT works great but I realized that it’s more for city usage. You rev harder with iMT on and there’s an increase in RPM during the gear shift.
  3. Braking. Oh god! This is a HUGE improvement. The braking feels so much better. Never ever did I feel the need to have better brakes
  4. Getting used to 6th gear. Having driven a 5-gear vehicle all my life, 6th gear is something that I’d need to get used to
  5. Cruise Control – Tried the same on a few stretches of the highway and it works like a charm. Once you set the cruise control the increments are in 1 km each. Somewhere I’d read that it was in miles, but no, the display tells you the speed at which it is set, and you can increase/decrease it accordingly
  6. Dual Zone AC works like a charm. My missus was sitting on the front seat only for a short duration of time and she told me that AC was much better compared to our old beast
  7. Horns are loud enough. No qualms there

Niggles:
  1. The body roll is controlled but it’s still there. Very evident when you push the car through the corners. Wasn’t able to see any major issues there
  2. Dead pedal. For my last car which again was a 4x4 MT, it had a massive dead pedal where I could rest my left leg. That has been removed
  3. Use of Filament bulbs in a lot of places like the 3rd row and the doors. Come on Toyota! You take half a crore for the car, and you cut corners there? The ones on the door cladding are worthless. Not cool
  4. Bi-Beam LEDs are not extremely powerful even with the LED foglamps. Maybe I am used to the HID powered fogs and headlamps from my old car, but this is something which probably I need to get used to
  5. Music system could have been a better. The front experience is great but nothing out of the ordinary for the middle and 3rd row passengers

Eventful things – Not too happy about

2 major events happened.
  1. The ICICI FASTag that came with the car started deducting tolls at its own whims. I got 10 messages of Toll getting deducted at toll booths which were 600+ km from Bangalore. Had to raise about 10 tickets with the customer care for the reversal and the promised ETA is 25 working days! Anyone else had the same issue? I am thinking to close this ICICI FASTag account and get another provider. My previous one was with IDFC, and I had no issues ever.
  2. During the aftermarket fitment of the accessories like the Side cladding, Auto folding mirror (They just added some unit on the driver side door and yes, they removed the door padding) which was like a 5-minute work, LED fog lamps on the rear (looks damn cool!) etc., I noticed that the right side ORVM was of Pearl white Color! When I had done my PDI, everything was Super white, and something had changed between then and the delivery. I had to double check to be sure and I called Toyota and informed them about the mix-up. He was equally surprised and asked me to visit them on Friday. In the meanwhile, I was also told by the folks at Throttle that they’d broken a clamp during the fixing of the 360-degree camera near the left well and beadings of the door were not properly fixed. This information too was passed to the Salesperson. He was humble and apologized for this and informed that all of the aforesaid issues will be fixed within 30 minutes.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-pearl-white-mirror.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-back-led.jpg

I went to the dealership today and as promised, they swapped the mirror with the super white one and were genuine enough to tell me that it was a mix-up as there were 4 other cars the same day for the camera setup. The broken clamps were replaced, and the vehicle was delivered to me within 20 minutes. Happy me! On my way to Carzspa in RR Nagar for the ceramic coating (I am getting a Crystal Shield Pentagon 10H), the DPF regen started and it went on for about 20 minutes after which promptly the message disappeared.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-regen.jpg
A question to all my fellow bhp’ians here. My car has run about 288 km and is it normal for the Regen to start so early? Seeing posts of DPF failure is giving me jitters. Anything that I need to look out for? My car is Sep 2022 manufactured.

Will keep you folks posted once I receive my car on Monday.
keerti_ck is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 15:04   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
Bought the Mighty Fortuner home!
Many congratulations and wishing you many happy miles on the beast. Welcome to the relatively smaller club of 4x4 MT Fortuners

You are absolutely spot on with your list of pros and cons, especially with just ~300 km behind the wheel.

Quote:
Dead pedal
Big pain point for me too. Sadly there is not enough space to get an aftermarket one. ATs gets a HUGE deal pedal. Why, Toyota?

Quote:
Bi-Beam LEDs are not extremely powerful even with the LED foglamps
Agreed, visibility leaves a lot to be desired, especially in rainy/foggy conditions. The Endeavour 2.0 I owned prior to the Fortuner had much better headlights.

Quote:
Music system could have been a better. The front experience is great but nothing out of the ordinary for the middle and 3rd row passengers
Absolutely! In fact, I sometimes doubt if the so-called "sub-woofer" on the trunk lid actually exists! The audio experience for second and third row passengers is sub-par for sure. A huge disappointment for me, especially coming from the lovely sound system of the Endeavour.

But all said and done, the Fortuner more than makes up for these shortcomings by its amazing engine! That one aspect is enough to forget everything else once you get behind the wheel.

Quote:
I noticed that the right side ORVM was of Pearl white Color
Now this is interesting! Glad they admitted their fault and fixed it.

Quote:
My car has run about 288 km and is it normal for the Regen to start so early?
Yes, absolutely normal. Auto-regens can get triggered within a range of 150-250 km depending on multiple factors like traffic conditions, average speeds, quality of fuel, ambient temperature, altitude, etc.

Quote:
Anything that I need to look out for? My car is Sep 2022 manufactured.
Do not think too much about it and just enjoy your Fortuner. It is a gem of an SUV. I've done ~9,000 km in mine (also a 4x4 MT), including a ~5,000 km run to RJ and back, and no DPF issues so far (touchwood!). Keep driving and share more pictures when you can - happy motoring.

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th September 2022 at 15:25.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 15:21   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
[b]
A question to all my fellow bhp’ians here. My car has run about 288 km and is it normal for the Regen to start so early? Seeing posts of DPF failure is giving me jitters. Anything that I need to look out for? My car is Sep 2022 manufactured.

Will keep you folks posted once I receive my car on Monday.
Yes this is absolutely normal - I get regen messages every 100 - 200 kms in fact on the recent Agra - Delhi run and back of 500 kms regen happeend 3 times and eventually regen's take as little as 3-4 minutes or even less or more - this all varies. I have done 2000 Km's in it so far in the 1 month of ownership.

I am heading out tomorrow for a 1500 km weekend run to varanasi and eager to get behind the wheel for some time

Wishing you miles of happy touring. You have received one of the last few batches of this diesel engine. Enjoy it
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:39   #1014
BHPian

From what I hear, there is another round of price hike coming in the next few days for the Fortuner and probably other models too.

Last edited by SR-71 : 30th September 2022 at 21:45.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:40   #1015
R_R
BHPian

Can someone with better technical knowledge of the Toyota Fortuner help? The Fortuner brochure says even the 4x2 Fortuner has Limited Slip Differential (LSD) as well as Active Traction Control (ATRAC). I would think that these would only be available in the 4x4 versions. Is the brochure wrong, or does the 4x2 Fortuner also come with these features?
Old 1st October 2022, 10:13   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Is the brochure wrong, or does the 4x2 Fortuner also come with these features?
Don't think the 4x2 comes with ATRAC or LSD. Only the 4x4 gets it.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 13:07   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone with better technical knowledge of the Toyota Fortuner help? The Fortuner brochure says even the 4x2 Fortuner has Limited Slip Differential (LSD) as well as Active Traction Control (ATRAC). I would think that these would only be available in the 4x4 versions. Is the brochure wrong, or does the 4x2 Fortuner also come with these features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Don't think the 4x2 comes with ATRAC or LSD. Only the 4x4 gets it.
ATRAC is available only on 4X4 models.

But the 2021 facelifted Fortuner gets Auto LSD, which is activated by pressing the Traction Control Button once. It works in 4X2 mode only, so both Fortuner 4X2 and Fortuner 4X4 get the Auto-LSD feature.

If the car is 4X2, and one doesn’t have 4X4 then in some cases Auto-LSD can be a lifesaver.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 1st October 2022 at 13:12.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 14:59   #1018
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
But the 2021 facelifted Fortuner gets Auto LSD, which is activated by pressing the Traction Control Button once. It works in 4X2 mode only, so both Fortuner 4X2 and Fortuner 4X4 get the Auto-LSD feature.
I am not sure. In the video, he is talking about 4x2 or H2 mode in the 4x4 Fortuner, not a 4x2 Fortuner. In another video, the same guy says clearly that the feature is available only in 4x4 Fortuners, not 4x2 Fortuners. You can watch his other video below.

Someone with a 4x2 Fortuner can check whether switching off the TRC button brings up the AutoLSD indicator in the speedometer.

Of course, many 4x2 Toyotas have this feature, where switching off the TRC by pressing the TRC button activates the Auto LSD. A nice video on this from Toyota below. I just don't know if this is available in the 4x2 Fortuner.

R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 15:49   #1019
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
From what I hear, there is another round of price hike coming in the next few days for the Fortuner and probably other models too.
There has been a 1% hike in Fortuner's prices, according to my sales advisor. And the Toyota website shows price of 4x2 petrol AT Fortuner as Rs. 34.18L (ex-showroom, Gurgaon), as against the 33.99 in the price list I was originally given. Not sure when this happened or if there is a further price hike in the offing.
Old 1st October 2022, 15:50   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auto LSD and A-TRC are available only in 4x4 variants of the Fortuner. This is also specified in owner's manual. Do note that Auto LSD can be activated in H2 (2wd) mode only.

Last edited by cool_dube : 1st October 2022 at 15:55.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks