Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2021, 11:49   #391
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Why are there no initial ownership reviews? There are definitely 2 recent owners and am sure there must be a couple more.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:24   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Why are there no initial ownership reviews? There are definitely 2 recent owners and am sure there must be a couple more.
No offence to any owners but the car despite being brilliant is unofficially dead in India. Perhaps, we may see a few ownership reviews once the discounts rolling in and more people go out there and grab this beast. At the current prices, it's a big no for many given the current market conditions. The value for money prospect is lost and people are looking at other options.

The Mk3 Octavia thread is relatively more buzzing compared to this one.

I own the Mk3 Octavia and was shattered when the prices for the current gen car were revealed. Skoda simply didn't need to bridge the gap between this and the Superb.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 13:24   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post

Skoda simply didn't need to bridge the gap between this and the Superb.
More than the price I think lack of Diesel engine is the main reason for less sales. Previous gen Octavia used to do ~ 250 units per month (including diesel) and new gen is doing ~ 150 units with only petrol, so not all together a bad performance.
It is definitely overpriced by couple of lakhs, but so is Compass and few other new cars too.
But only thing I wish is they should have made it more driver centric like the previous gen.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 20:23   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
More than the price I think lack of Diesel engine is the main reason for less sales. Previous gen Octavia used to do ~ 250 units per month (including diesel) and new gen is doing ~ 150 units with only petrol, so not all together a bad performance.
It is definitely overpriced by couple of lakhs, but so is Compass and few other new cars too.
But only thing I wish is they should have made it more driver centric like the previous gen.
What Skoda has done with the current gen is to change the customer base from complete enthusiast based product to a customer base which can pay the premium for exclusivity and will also like to perceive as a family car. Skoda can keep their profit intact. I would have liked set up of previous generation Octavia but other family folks would have always cursed me every time they would have sat in the car. Current generation solves that puzzle for many.

Skoda never intended play huge volume game with Octavia in the current environment. Think in this way Octavia is still selling more than TROC. Most of the deliveries I have seen in my city are family oriented folks rather than usual more young crowd.

Very rightly put (lack of TDI). If Skoda had this in it's arsenal, then they would have done some more volumes, but again pricing would have over lapped with Superb Petrol.
Old 5th November 2021, 20:40   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Skoda never intended play huge volume game with Octavia in the current environment. Think in this way Octavia is still selling more than TROC.
Infact till today I had not spotted a single new Octavia (other than test drive) on road. But today surprisingly I saw 5 different new Octavia’s of which 3 were with out registration. And all of them were L&K. It is definitely a looker.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 23:25   #396
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechinmay View Post
Congrats on the purchase! It's a tremendous car and an absolute all rounder.

While the Slavia might have a similar design language, the Octavia is in a different league altogether - from the engine to the much more sophisticated suspension and the very high quality interiors.
What exactly is sophisticated in the suspension ? Seriously asking, curious.
Old 5th November 2021, 23:28   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
What exactly is sophisticated in the suspension ? Seriously asking, curious.
I think he means the Octavia gets a superior multilink setup at the rear while the Slavia will have to make do with a comparatively inferior torsion beam suspension.
Old 6th November 2021, 00:04   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Infact till today I had not spotted a single new Octavia (other than test drive) on road. But today surprisingly I saw 5 different new Octavia’s of which 3 were with out registration. And all of them were L&K. It is definitely a looker.
Is there any stock clearance sale going on for L&K? .Though style is a VFM variant but L&K provides right set of features. Most import of all are those Adaptive front LED headlamps. These will be better than the style variant and I would happily pay extra for them alone. For me headlights performance is very important and current setup is not adequate enough for Indian conditions. Canton speakers are miles ahead compared to ones available in style variant. Roll up sun visors, yes these are important and summer will burn you up. Challenge is that no manufacturer has released in the market accessories for Octavia. Having very hard time finding good quality magnetic sun shades. Had reached out to Solar shades (NSV laser) they don't have it. 3D Kagu folks haven't even scanned the current gen Octavia. Skoda doesn't want to sell any accessories other than the bundle pack. There is no accessory section for Octavia model on Skoda India website. Skoda themselves don't want to bring anything from global catalog of accessories. One more feature as gimmicky it might be the park assist would have been useful. Yesterday had to park in a very tight spot and on the back of my mind I just wished for the feature. It would have saved from heart stopping moments initially.
Old 6th November 2021, 06:51   #399
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any stock clearance sale going on for L&K? .
Stock clearance or not, the dealers in Bangalore at least continue to remain very tight-fisted. I have been following up closely for 6 months now and nothing has changed significantly in terms of pricing. Adding to this the recent chip scarcity being quoted for delayed delivery of certain shades of Octavia, only seem to be pushing the price factor further in favor of the dealers.
Old 6th November 2021, 10:18   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Stock clearance or not, the dealers in Bangalore at least continue to remain very tight-fisted. I have been following up closely for 6 months now and nothing has changed significantly in terms of pricing. Adding to this the recent chip scarcity being quoted for delayed delivery of certain shades of Octavia, only seem to be pushing the price factor further in favor of the dealers.
TS & KA prices are on par with each other, as Area sales manager for both the states is same. I have been in same shoes from the day it was launched. Every month religiously followed up with sales advisor across both the dealerships on offers if any. Eventually realising this path won’t work and have to think out of the box and be more adventurous. Very old saying “Where there is a Will there is a way”. On the issue of colours it’s not due to chip shortage rather the availability of body kits for those specific Colours else how are the Colours available? This should ease out once the next shipment is received at plant. Globally skoda is also facing chip shortage too. Their Czech Republic plant is shut down in order to back fill 10000 orders.

If one is really very interested and serious then please see the post by MMridul on page 25 about discounts offered in other states. That should get you going
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 11:11   #401
rsk
BHPian

After having deliberated a lot, took the plunge last week on an L&K variant in White. The expected delivery is towards the end of the month. Discounts were not much though (around a lakh).
rsk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 14:46   #402
BHPian

Quote:
After having deliberated a lot, took the plunge last week on an L&K variant in White. The expected delivery is towards the end of the month. Discounts were not much though (around a lakh).
Awesome you have made the right call with the Variant. Though it feels tad bit more expensive but none of the options can be retrofitted and saves a ton time searching for one. Will be eagerly looking for feedback on the headlight. Have seen the white colour recently. It was very elegant. Have you checked silver?
Old 6th November 2021, 16:33   #403
BHPian

Skoda has quietly revised the prices for SMP. Cost has come down.

For reference earlier a 4 year SMP costed 49,999 and the currently it is 44,999. Difference of 5,000. Is there any other offer going for Octavia?

Old rates:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-smp-old.jpg

Revised rates:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-smp-revised.jpg
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 05:58   #404
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome you have made the right call with the Variant. Though it feels tad bit more expensive but none of the options can be retrofitted and saves a ton time searching for one. Will be eagerly looking for feedback on the headlight. Have seen the white colour recently. It was very elegant. Have you checked silver?
Thanks! The very first TD that I took was in a Silver one. At that instant, I didn't like it. But it grew on me over the months. It is one of those colors you can't go wrong. I toggled between pretty much all the colors of the Octavia, but came a full circle back to White. When it comes to automobiles, I somehow can't shrug off White. This has become a fact now in the family from my Dad till my 3-year-old niece

The departing shots of my current ride just firmed up my white obsession, even after a decade, it still looks like how I saw it on day 1.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-vento.jpeg

Off-topic: I didn't realize parting off your car would be this emotional. I was almost in tears when the moment came to hand off the keys.

Quote:
Skoda has quietly revised the prices for SMP. Cost has come down.
At least the October MY22 price list I have shows 44,999/- for standard SMP.
rsk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 14:28   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! The very first TD that I took was in a Silver one. At that instant, I didn't like it. But it grew on me over the months. It is one of those colors you can't go wrong. I toggled between pretty much all the colors of the Octavia, but came a full circle back to White. When it comes to automobiles, I somehow can't shrug off White. This has become a fact now in the family from my Dad till my 3-year-old niece
You are right on this part, one can never go wrong with safe colors like white, it's elegant, easier to maintain. For us the fall back option was white.
Black was great but would have been harder to maintain.

For reference: White L&K

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-83589.jpg

Black L&K:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-black-lk.jpg

Quote:
Off-topic: I didn't realize parting off your car would be this emotional. I was almost in tears when the moment came to hand off the keys.
Isn't this always the case. By the time we handed over the keys, i washed the car. It was gleaming and as good as the day it was bought. My younger one still thinks that is the best car we have owned. For him it is the benchmark

Quote:
At least the October MY22 price list I have shows 44,999/- for standard SMP.
You are right. I pulled out old quote from Jun-21 where SMP is mentioned as 44,999/- . Could be a case where website wasn't updated.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-old-quote.jpg

Adding Boot/Trunk Mats:

I was looking out for boot mats. Lot of small leaves end up in the trunk on daily basis. There aren't many specific options available in the market for new gen Octavia.

Only option i could locate was from elegant auto.
Link

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-boot-mat.jpg

Next Option was universal size mats. Had a hunch that 3Dmats india might have it. Link

To my luck, it was out of stock. Felt it was end of road and have to revert back to elegant auto for purchase.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-boot-elegant-auto.jpg

Called up accessories shops in Hyderabad, some offered 7D mats. This was not my personnel preference. None of the shops I enquired had PVC or 3D mats for trunk/boot.

In a lightening moment thought of calling state dealer for 3DMATSINDIA and check for availability or the best they would be able to atleast guide. Messages them on whatsapp, was in luck here. They had some 3D Universal trunk mats in stock.

There are 2 sizes available.
  • Medium: color options available in stock (Black, Beige)
  • Large: color options available in stock (Beige)

For Octavia Large size will fit. Wanted in black shade, but they didn't had any stock in the colour. Only option available was Beige. Did a fit test at the dealer office. Large size was adequate. Paid up and took it back home.

Box:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img5481.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img5482.jpg

Initial testing for size:

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img5474.jpg

It was late in evening. There enough mosquitoes to deal with for the day. Called it off. Next day morning decided to adjust a bit by cutting some edges.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img5479.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img5478.jpg

Fit is exactly the way I wanted. Sides and a portion of the back is also covered. These can be cut to exact shape and size as per your needs and preference. For the moment, quite content with the quality of 3D Kagu Mats. As per dealer it is easier to clean and wash, similar to 3D Mats.

Note: Not related to elegant auto or 3dmatsindia Or the dealers in anyway other way than a prospective customer.

Copy right of images belongs to respective website and owners.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 7th November 2021 at 14:56.
CircleOfLife is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks