Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 15:57   #991
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiDesai View Post
Today I got a WhatsApp message from dealer here at BLR, BG Road Showroom stating "Good morning Sir, Thank you for showing interest in XUV700. If you are interested to book the xuv700, please share me the KYC Aadhar copy / address proof and PAN card and email ID. On the day of launch it will be difficult to for us to complete all the process in prior if you share it will be helpful for us to keep everything ready"

Mahi
Received a similar call from the Mahindra dealer at Yelahanka in Bangalore yesterday. The person who called enquired on whether I would be interested in making my booking as soon as I am offered a test drive. He gave me a similar reasoning that they are expecting tremendous response in the first day of the vehicle launch. So, they are calling everyone who have come to the showroom and registered their interest to find out if they are serious about their interest. He said they are about to get their first batch of display/test drive vehicles shortly and are trying to arrange a pre-launch test drive for a select few interested people on an empty ground. So, it will not be full-fledged test drive on open roads, but a very basic one to just show the vehicle to interested people who are willing to make a booking as soon as possible. He said they were in the process of selecting the ground where such activities can take place.

I have replied back stating that I was interested in the topmost variant, and I would like to be part of any such pre-launch activity they may conduct. Let's see if it truly happens. Have also asked him to get back to me on whether AWD variants will be launched along with the first batch. He is yet to get back to me.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:02   #992
BHPian

Just went through the official accesories list for XUV700. I have a query. Is the roof top carrier possible to be fixed on variants with panoromic sun roofs?

Considering that when all 7 seats are being used, the boot space is negligible. A roof top carrier would be very useful for when a long family vacation is taken where there are more than 5 people in the family.
Old 25th September 2021, 16:48   #993
BHPian

Saw the purple colour XUV 700 heading to the Mahindra space on the highway at Thakur Village. It has presence, but it just looks like a rehashed XUV 500.

It maybe feature loaded and going the Korean way, but what they're doing with the add-ons really worries me. It could eventually lead to a lot of fit & finish issues IMO.

Either way, looking forward to TD. And hoping the AT version is priced well. But I doubt I'd give up on the Germans or Koreans that boast much better substance.
BennyA23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 17:25   #994
BHPian

XUV 7OO accessories and booking opening in first week of October:
I had forgotten my password to this forum and was rearing to log-on and comment.

Anyhow, firstly.
Majorly, the accessories list is vast and looks classy. Moreover, there is one set of seat covers, comfortline, or what it is called mentions ALL VARIANTS instead of just lower variants without seat air bags.

And, secondly.
I called up my nearby Mahindra dealership, where we had purchased our Scorpio in 2014-15. I mention this because we are one of the few who have had great rapport with the service staff and we have been happy with car's service. They said, very soon test drive cars are coming and booking will start soon. Asked me to call around 2nd or 3rd of October. Sounded fairly confident.

However, he had no information about AWD cars being delayed.

Lastly, I don't think the build quality of Mahindra cars will be poor. Especially for the bumpers. Fairly confident there should not be any issue.
fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 17:39   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post
Just went through the official accesories list for XUV700. I have a query. Is the roof top carrier possible to be fixed on variants with panoromic sun roofs?
It may be possible to fit one as the carrier gets fixed on to the roof-rails and the cross members seem to leave sufficient gap for the sunroof operations. But I would be interested in a carrier model which only extends to the part of the roof which doesn't have the glass towards the back (This has to be very short in length)
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 18:07   #996

I got a call from the Lucknow dealership today and the guy confirmed that the bookings will start from 7th and that they might receive a test drive vehicle soon. But he also mentioned that as of now only petrol variants will be offered and that diesel will be offered from sometime year end. I also inquired about the mileage about which he gave no clear response.
Abhi83 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:00   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post
I would never recommend you using a load bearing roof rail with luggage on top for a panoramic sunroof car. Simple reason is the obstruction for operability of sunroof during load bearing and then in case of any unwarranted event, a massive hole in your roof and your pocket.
KapilD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:04   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Moreover, there is one set of seat covers, comfortline, or what it is called mentions ALL VARIANTS instead of just lower variants without seat air bags.
What you are talking about is "Comfort Kit" and not seat covers. This kit can be had with all three seat cover options.

Name:  Screenshot 20210925 at 7.00.14 PM.png
Views: 1134
Size:  114.9 KB

Seat covers (all 3 options) can be had just for MX, AX3 and AX5 variants. But Comfort Kit will be available for AX7 too.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20210925-7.00.37-pm.png
UltraViolence is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:09   #999
BHPian

Hi all, Just want to share my experience with the Mahindra Xuv700.
Got a chance to check in person and I found it well built, fit and finish is good except rear bumper.
I have visited 4 showrooms and all the showrooms have AX7 petrol versions only(some have L some T) and neither of them got a Diesel variant. All below pictures are from AX7 Petrol variant 7 seater only.

The 3rd-row seat which was important for me is good.
I can feel the reduction in height of XUV700 as I had XUV500 in past and in the 3rd row I Can sit easily(6"1') for long rides.

Few pictures of the cabin.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183046.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183211.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183217.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183225.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183233.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183240.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183245.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183253.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183301.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183310.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183326.jpg

Sitting in the third row comfortably.
Although some YouTubers state that the 3rd-row seat in xuv700 is not enough while same YouTubers were saying Alcazar has enough space but I practically found it to be the opposite. XUV700 3rd row has enough space to accommodate 5"10' comfortably. The thigh support could have been improved.
for someone like me 6"1', only problem is height i.e. on speed breakers or bad roads there are chances that my head will touch the roof.
The cabin feels much airy.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183018.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20210925183030.jpg

Mahindra will focus on delivering only the Petrol variants initially.

Name:  GIF20210925183127.gif
Views: 1075
Size:  1.57 MBName:  GIF20210925183152.gif
Views: 1071
Size:  1.53 MB

As per one of the showroom, Booking will start on the 7th and deliveries will be around November.
Please note that some dealers are planning to do as many bookings as possible on their own so that they can sell it in black same as they are doing with THAR. Sales Rep from the same showroom clearly told me that it will come with 7-8 months of booking or 50-80k Black. I was shocked by this statement.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20210925-7.01.15-pm.png

Lastly, I want to share that the accident of the red rear bumper clearly states that this section is fragile and I have personally experienced it. Whenever you touch the rear bumper you will feel it like a thin sheet of fibre and even the reflectors are like thin sheet only and you definitely need a rear guard to protect this. I wish Mahindra could have improved the quality here. No one would mind spending extra 5-10k for strong bumper which can actually serve as bumper and will not crack like this.

Also, the center rotatory knob beside electric parking brake is like a joystick which is cool.

I have made up my mind to go ahead with 7seater AX7 Diesel AT if it comes 19-20 Ex showroom or else AX5 Diesel 7 seater AT. Prices will be announced on Monday itself as per the last update. One of sales rep told me Top model will be around 27lakhs (may be onroad).
Sorry for poor picture quality as XUV700 was parked inside(hidden) and it was too dark there.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 25th September 2021 at 19:15. Reason: corrected
rpmmachine is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here is some latest info on the XUV700.

1. Mahindra has acquired enough chips to produce around 30k XUVs. They have a production capacity of around 5k units per month so there should be uninterrupted production till the end of Q1 2022.

2. According to my sources, Mahindra has got around 4 to 6 cases per thousand for front shock absorber leakage issue and a similar number of cases for front brake screeching noise which according to my sources is way less than what was the case during the initial days of the XUV500 where a lot of owners had reported brake judder and noise problems.

3. According to my sources, the pandemic has come as a blessing in disguise for team Mahindra because they were able to put in more testing for both hardware and software components of the XUV700. If the XUV700 had been launched last year then the initial lot of customers would have been plagued with a lot of niggles. Hope this holds true.

4. My sources are telling me that even though they are expecting the official launch to take place on the 2nd of October, there are also slim chances that the launch may happen on anyday in the 1st week of October.

5. Going slightly off topic, first design prototypes of the XUV900 are ready and the front design is supposed to be sufficiently different than the XUV700 yet there is a clear link between the two. Also the rear of the XUV900 is heavily inspired by the Mercedes GLE Coupe.

Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (106) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:48   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post

The 3rd-row seat which was important for me is good.
I can feel the reduction in height of XUV700 as I had XUV500 in past and in the 3rd row I Can sit easily(6"1') for long rides.
Many thanks for the all the details and pictures. Happy to hear your comments about 3rd row, especially since you being a 6 footer. I also heard really mixed reviews (mostly negative) about 3rd row space / usefulness and none of the reviewers were as tall as you, so I was bit skeptical.

Al we want now is Mahindra to officially announce every single details
Vivek Menon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:50   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here is some latest info on the XUV700.

1. Mahindra has acquired enough chips to produce around 30k XUVs. They have a production capacity of around 5k units per month so there should be uninterrupted production till the end of Q1 2022.

Stay tuned for more info.
Thanks for that update!

Any update on the variants available at the launch? It will be a bummer of a launch for many of us if there is no AX7 Diesel + AT + AWD variant made available. Hope Mahindra doesn't disappoint their true SUV lovers. Are you listening Mahindra??
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:52   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Some really interesting and thoughtful things I noticed are:
  1. Pretty decent looking Rear Bumper Protector in SS, Aluminium and ABS material options.
I have a question regarding the Bumper protectors officially being offered. As per my last knowledge, these types of guards had been banned, and several vehicles had been fined in NCR. Has there been any change in the policy since then? Or is it that OEMs are permitted to offer such guards with separate testing or approvals?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...s-bullbar/amp/
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:17   #1004
BHPian

The reason why 7th is chosen and not 2nd for launch is that “Pitrupaksh” which is considered as inauspicious ends on 7th and Mahindra doesn’t want any superstitions to come in the way of success - secondly as per the dealer both Petrol and Diesel would be available from day one (remains to be seen as the version is not uniform), not sure if others have experienced this but for some reason I sense a lack of excitement for with dealer reps, is it due to lack of clarity or supply issues, who knows
Jyotil is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:35   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Hi all, Just want to share my experience with the Mahindra Xuv700.
Got a chance to check in person and I found it well built, fit and finish is good except rear bumper.
I have visited 4 showrooms and all the showrooms have AX7 petrol versions only(some have L some T) and neither of them got a Diesel variant. All below pictures are from AX7 Petrol variant 7 seater only.
Did you have a look at a vehicle that arrived at a dealership ? If so then we're really close to having an opportunity to TD it

However, it's really sad to see the quality of the rear bumper. Don't know what was the thinking behind making such a weak bumper , especially when the car is safety conscious from scratch
APB98 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks