Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 11:17   #1291
BHPian

Re: Astor Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Took up the matter with MoST, who have advised that presently it is not mandatory to disclose the certified mileage. However, they assured to look into my suggestion to make mandatory the disclosure of certified mileage by all manufacturers.

Thank you for your efforts! You are the kind of good samritan we all could have more of! I wish that all the key specs of a car including a standardized crash test rating, mileage test and ground clearance are mandatory for all maufacturers some day
Old 20th June 2022, 11:37   #1292
BHPian

Re: Astor Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
In the absence of disclosure of certified mileage, I decided to cancel my booking and sent the cancellation request to the concerned dealer.
ICAT certified mileage of all MG ICE cars are available in MG website itself.
Source : https://www.mgmotor.co.in/fuel-efficiency
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-screenshot_20220620113327_chrome.jpg  

ranjitht87 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 08:32   #1293
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Look like the prices are raised by around 50k INR when I checked the booking status of Astor CVT top end, may be the taxes and things would have added if anyone see their status let me know Thanks!
Old 1st July 2022, 06:15   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Look like the prices are raised by around 50k INR when I checked the booking status of Astor CVT top end
MG had increased the prices of Astor by a maximum of 46k from 1st June 2022. I had the booking for CVT top model and the SA shared revised pricing with me on 1st June itself. I had cancelled my booking because of getting booking confirmation of Nexon EV max.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:00   #1295

Hi folks, I have completed about ~8k kms in Astor as of date. My model is Turbo Savvy and most of commute is in Delhi-NCR. Wanted to check on few things -

1. How is the AC performance ? I feel it is a bit lacking in this heat comparatively. I don't know if is due to translucent blind for sunroof or something else. But I do know my Baleno's AC chills the cabin much quicker and has much more airflow at full blast. Also idling on AC drops the mileage quite quickly. Also, is it possible to install opaque blind like one in Hector with help of service-centre or without voiding warranty?

2. Where in Delhi-NCR to map engine to a better state of tune ? Foreign versions of MG Astor, MG ZST in Thailand or Australia are offered with 160bhp and 240NM of torque. I would like to remap indian tune to same state. If somebody's planning to do the same, do let me know. Maybe we can figure out this together

3. Can we install sub-woofer in Astor? Sound is okay for now, with equaliser set to Rock and bass adjusted a bit high from that setting. I still feel a sub-woofer will enhance experience much better

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
vinay2612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 15:21   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2612 View Post
Also, is it possible to install opaque blind like one in Hector with help of service-centre or without voiding warranty?

I recommend you look into installing heat-limiting stickers on the sunroof - thats bound to work much better than letting the heat into the car via the glass and then using fabric to (moderately) separate it from the occupants. Since delhi can get really hot - you may look into something as dark as a 3M CR40 film. (Don't go by the buzzwords of 97% heat blocking and all that - thats all marketing buzz. The real reduction in heat comes because there is less light of all wavelengths being allowed inside the car.)

The best part is that that clearly doesnt void any warranties and is easy to install (as well as remove should you so choose)

Also, whats your mileage in city and highways like if you have measured them (which method - MID reading or tank-to-tank)?

Last edited by Transmission : 10th July 2022 at 15:23.
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 20:07   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Since delhi can get really hot - you may look into something as dark as a 3M CR40 film
Thanks, let me checkout 3M car centres near me. if there's one that anyone would like to recommend, please let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Also, whats your mileage in city and highways like if you have measured them (which method - MID reading or tank-to-tank)?
I have done tank-to-tank and I always fill up about 35-37L for ~400kms for city. This has improved from initial months by 1-2 kmpl, I believe because engine has some mileage now and also, because I have learnt to drive the car without breaking the momentum (less sudden acceleration/braking and more smooth driving). For highway, I'm getting 13-15 kmpl. Also, MID trip mileage seems fairly consistent (it drops mileage to almost 6-8 kmpl in bumper-to-bumper traffic and picks it up back to 9-11 kmpl after some smooth traffic)
vinay2612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:06   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2612 View Post
Hi folks, I have completed about ~8k kms in Astor as of date. My model is Turbo Savvy and most of commute is in Delhi-NCR. Wanted to check on few things -

1. How is the AC performance ? I feel it is a bit lacking in this heat comparatively. I don't know if is due to translucent blind for sunroof or something else. But I do know my Baleno's AC chills the cabin much quicker and has much more airflow at full blast. Also idling on AC drops the mileage quite quickly. Also, is it possible to install opaque blind like one in Hector with help of service-centre or without voiding warranty?
This is the exact same thing I am concerned about while I have booked the top variant.
The blind is very thin and let the sunlight pass though and you can feel the heat.

Also I have been waiting for Astor for more than 4 months now but no allotment. Anyone facing similar issue especially in Bangalore ? I am concerned that would increase the price again.
sanjogpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 23:59   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjogpanda View Post
Also I have been waiting for Astor for more than 4 months now but no allotment. Anyone facing similar issue especially in Bangalore ?
I've been waiting for Turbo Savvy for about 8 weeks. I was told by the sales executive that I'd get the car within 8 weeks max in Raipur. My local dealer only gets cars allotted once in a month; I've not got the allotment this month, so the waiting period might easily go to 12 weeks minimum. Since I need the car in August for a couple of trips, I am thinking of cancelling the booking.

The backend API call which gets the response for booking status had an information of expected delivery date of 21st July. This month it changed to number 75. On the UI, I am just being shown Q3 2022.

The sales guy is ready to provide in written that he had committed an 8-week delivery timeline. Just waiting for that so that I can raise the issue with MG again. Although based on previous experience, I don't have much hope.

I left a XUV700 AX5 (didn't want the model) and Kia Seltos (safety issues) for this. These cars were offered as my father is good friends with these dealers in the neighboring states. For AX7L AWD, they said that they don't get many bookings for the model and to expect at least a year wait. If I don't get the car before August, then I don't have any real need of car till December. In fact, I was thinking of waiting till this E20 fiasco gets resolved or getting the XUV700 AWD AX7L in July next year (estimated date March 2024).

Also, MG Pulsehub (Customer Support) is absolutely useless, for any query they just redirect to dealer. I had escalated that after 7 weeks there is still no sign of allotment. The executive first asked if I had proof that I was committed this timeline, I replied that did he want me to record everything that salesman says in a MG showroom? He said No, we'll escalate this issue and then closed the issue.

Same was the kind of response when I questioned about E20 fuel support, I was told to contact dealer and the issue was closed. Now the salesman said that there would be an additive that'll need to be added every year, which'll make the car compatible with E20 fuel. I again raised a ticket with Pulsehub to confirm it so that I have some kind of written proof for E20 fuel support, and they again said contact the dealer and closed the ticket. I've yet to ask dealer for this confirmation on email.

I'm having doubts about Astor now because if MG Customer Care's response is like this then what'll happen if there is a significant issue with the car and the dealer is not helping? Then we'll most probably be left stranded. This being a new brand with their own engine, we need assurance that if something happens MG will support us, but it seems they'll be turning a blind eye. Because if sales support is like this, then service support most probably will be even worse from the company.
anti21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 23:15   #1300
BHPian

I had a recent learning that I thought I'll share. I went to 3M car care in Koramangala recently to get the underbody anti rust coating done. The guys put my car on the ramp and inspected the underside and showed me that there was a factory coating for 80-90% of the underbody in most of the important places. Additionally, there are two plastic cladding panels on the chassis, typically at the place where you'd most likely scrape your underbody. Their diagnosis therefore was that no additional underbody coating was required. They did recommend a silencer coating which cost approx 1.4k. was a new learning and somewhat impressed with the attention paid to the underside by MG. Also had a good experience with 3M Koramangala
immortalmechano is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 08:36   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
MG will support us, but it seems they'll be turning a blind eye. Because if sales support is like this, then service support most probably will be even worse from the company.
I agree that MG pulse hub is utterly useless. Even mails about delivery timelines, written to Rajeev Chaba will be directed to pulse hub.

But their service is top notch. Absolutely in line with luxury German brands. Right from pick-up to drop-back, it is world-class in my experience. The quality and training of pick up drivers and service advisors are truly awesome.
Old 31st July 2022, 22:36   #1302

Hi Friends,

In my MG Astor sometimes when I am listening to songs from JioSaavn, FM starts playing on its own. Has anyone else observed this issue? Overall there are lot of bugs in the infotainment system. Other issues observed are:

1. Irritating maps guidelines which takes away the fun of listening to music (any permanent way to stop this?)
2. Irritating voice assistant which get activated by itself.

Also, is there any way to start JioSaavn automatically as soon as you start the car?

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th August 2022 at 16:44. Reason: Editing for punctuation, capitalising, paragraphing. Please review the drafted text before posting. Thank you
colin84 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2022, 14:38   #1303
BHPian

My front radar has stopped working from yesterday. I have a Savvy Turbo and driven about 4500km. Recent runs have been to airport and I have a covered parking, so water exposure can be ruled out.

Raised with Pulse Hub, who redirected to dealer. Let's see what the dealership says.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th August 2022 at 16:38. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:24   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
This is where I feel the Japs are going to shine with their upcoming Hybrid models. They will be the best of both worlds. Hope Honda brings its SUV Hybrid quickly enough and Maruti Suzuki/Toyota also bring their hybrid cars asap.

The way government has been trying to penalise the common man by raising the fuel prices, the hybrids brings a lot of hope to the poor common man.
I own a Hector Plus Hybrid Manual- and also went on the same Bangalore-Mangalore drive (via Belur) recently. I also got 11+kmpl, with 3 adults and 2 kids plus luggage on board. (I may make it clear that I don't particularly drive for mileage.)

May be both the hybrid and the manual setup ensure that the mileage for this particular variant isn't too low (considering its size)

MG should consider offering the Hybrid to its other cars like the Astor as well.
Old 21st August 2022, 22:06   #1305

Hi Friends,

Any suggestion on a good Dash cam for Astor (1.3 Turbo AT) ?

Will installing a Dash cam void car warranty especially if i hardwire it ?
also will it have any kind of negative impact especially for the battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks