Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 17:32   #1306
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin84 View Post
Hi Friends,

Any suggestion on a good Dash cam for Astor (1.3 Turbo AT) ?

Will installing a Dash cam void car warranty especially if i hardwire it ?
also will it have any kind of negative impact especially for the battery.
There is a USB port next to the rearview mirror for the Dashcam. You don't need to hardwire it.
Old 25th August 2022, 21:30   #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
There is a USB port next to the rearview mirror for the Dashcam. You don't need to hardwire it.
in case of 24H surveillance hard wiring is required hence the question
Old 28th August 2022, 01:57   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin84 View Post
in case of 24H surveillance hard wiring is required hence the question
Hey,

The warranty should remain intact as long as you don't cut any wires. Be careful about this part, a lot of installers will be quick to take this as a shortcut and splice the wires to make connections. Insist on Fuse-tapping. You can get the wires for the dashcam routed to the internal fuse compartment and use fuse taps and existing fuses for connections.
I am also in the process of getting the same thing done. I currently use the 70mai A500s front dashcam with USB power, but thinking of getting the wiring done for both dual channel and park surveillance. The plan is to follow the above process and get it done only with fuse-tapping. A single wire cut and you can forever say goodbye to the warranty.
cbrspn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 05:08   #1309

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2612 View Post
Hi folks, I have completed about ~8k kms in Astor as of date. My model is Turbo Savvy and most of commute is in Delhi-NCR. Wanted to check on few things -

1. How is the AC performance ? I feel it is a bit lacking in this heat comparatively. I don't know if is due to translucent blind for sunroof or something else. But I do know my Baleno's AC chills the cabin much quicker and has much more airflow at full blast. Also idling on AC drops the mileage quite quickly. Also, is it possible to install opaque blind like one in Hector with help of service-centre or without voiding warranty?

Have you checked if the air circulation is internal/external /'A' ?
It keeps switching to A on its own at times . We realise it when it gets warmer
Old 28th August 2022, 13:17   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorfry View Post
Have you checked if the air circulation is internal/external /'A' ?
It keeps switching to A on its own at times . We realise it when it gets warmer
I also have MG Astor Savvy turbo. As of now have not found any issue with the AC performance.
I do not face the issue that you mentioned, maybe that happens when automatic climate control is on.
I set the temperature manually.
Old 30th August 2022, 19:10   #1311
BHPian

Just to update on my previous post, there is still no update on the expected delivery date on the Savvy Turbo. It is already double of what I was told to expect and still no one has any idea when it will be delivered. Calls/Emails to dealer, Pulsehub and Mr. Rajeev Chaba has been met with a hollow response repeatedly. Nobody in the entire MG chain has any idea when the car can be delivered, not even an expected estimated date. After the last escalation in July end, I was told that I would get the vehicle 100% in August, but August has also passed.

MG's production has been going down for the past few months with MG only able to produce 249 (April), 2022 (May), 1640 (June) and 1362 (July) Astors. Their overall production has also been down and while I was not able to find Astor produced in August, but it would be down.

They claim that this is due to chip shortage but during the same period Hyundai/Kia/Tata/Mahindra/Others have been able to ramp up their production or at least keep it a demand level. So, it points to either a serious supply chain management issue at MG or they've shut down the second shift they started at their plants to save costs (this being lower probability). Either way, it doesn't paint a pretty picture for MG India as down the line this can point to waiting for parts without a delivery date if a part stop working in your car.

Some people in other forums have been told that there is no Savvy being produced for the past 2 months, but then some of the others have received the model in last 2 months. So not sure what the actual situation is. But many have already cancelled their bookings due the pathetic pre-sales experience. Still no improvement in delivery timelines.

Just to warn anyone looking at Astor that the estimated time being provided by the dealers in completely wrong and not to believe the given time esp. for higher end models. The waiting time would be similar (if not later) than Creta/Seltos or any other cars in the segment. The reason is diminishing production of Astor while Creta/Seltos is at almost ten times of Astor's production. Also, much better part availability for other companies. So be prepared for that.

Once Hyryder/Vitara announce pricing and their delivery starts, there are going to be lot of cancellations of Astor, and it might be available in discounts or with free service packages like Taigun/Kushaq.
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:59   #1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
Just to update on my previous post, there is still no update on the expected delivery date on the Savvy Turbo. It is already double of what I was told to expect and still no one has any idea when it will be delivered. Calls/Emails to dealer, Pulsehub and Mr. Rajeev Chaba has been met with a hollow response repeatedly. Nobody in the entire MG chain has any idea when the car can be delivered, not even an expected estimated date. After the last escalation in July end, I was told that I would get the vehicle 100% in August, but August has also passed.

This has happened to me also. I booked on 4th of April and till date there is no delivery dates. The price hike happened on June and it is going to happen on September 2nd too. So almost an increase of 1 lakh in 5 months.

What a waste of time.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2022 at 17:12. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 4th September 2022, 12:35   #1313
BHPian

Astor prices hiked again
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Price List MG Astor BSVI Sep-2022.pdf (146.5 KB, 332 views)
anti21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 21:13   #1314
BANNED

I don't know why astor's price are hiked this much. I rarely see astor's out on the road.
Old 21st September 2022, 15:46   #1315
BHPian

No Astor Savvy produced in India this month also. They don't have the required chips for it from the past 2-3 months.

They don't have any idea when they would be able to deliver it. I have started looking at alternatives. My XUV700 AWD moved from Mar'24 to Aug'23 and hopefully should get it by Jan-Feb'22. Will talk to my Mahindra dealer as I never talked to them assuming I'd get the Astor in 6-8 weeks (just booked online in June).

Be wary if you're booking Savvy variant as the waiting times would be long (4-6 months at least).
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:53   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNovato View Post
MG Astor comes home

Dislikes :

Hopefully they iron out the software niggles soon.

Hi, I know that driving styles do play a part but can you please indicate the average mileage you are achieving in urban conditions?

Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:11   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
No Astor Savvy produced in India this month also. They don't have the required chips for it from the past 2-3 months.

Be wary if you're booking Savvy variant as the waiting times would be long (4-6 months at least).
Did you visit a dealership and test drive it or booked it online from home? I left my details at MGs website asking for a test drive but nobody has gotten back in a week.
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:39   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Did you visit a dealership and test drive it or booked it online from home?
Visiting the dealer directly is the fastest way to get a test drive. I went directly to the dealer for a test drive and then booked the car online. For some reason they never respond to online enquiry (I had the same experience in Navi Mumbai). You can also directly call the showroom via Google Search, and they can probably arrange a test drive at home (depends on location/showroom). The phone numbers on MG Site are not accurate/nobody picks up.

They are not taking bookings for Savvy anymore is what I have heard in the MG Telegram Group. In their monthly sales statement, they have acknowledged that they are having issues delivering AT cars and they hope to fix it soon. No mention of how soon. MT ones are being delivered normally.
anti21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:41   #1319
BHPian

Just received call from the dealer that a car is finally allotted to me and details will be shared on 10th. Any suggestions on the pre-delivery checklist and insurance that I can go for kindly let me know the link. It was 8 months + long wait finally seeing some silverlining

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Dear friends, after going through the thread and having test drives on both Turbo and CVT, I have decided to book Astor CVT top end with red interiors. Though ventilated seating and wireless mobile charger are a miss, the ride quality and the AI platform looks very good. I currently own Fiesta 1.6S bought in 2009 Nov still doing great but with connected technology becoming a necessity have planned to add the fleet.

Test drove KIA seltos, Tata harrier, XUV 700 and Kushaq, some way or the other Astor is both feature rich, good styling, solid build and drives well. Hope I get the same kind of durability and service which Ford gave till date .
TheHummerGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:48   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Just received call from the dealer that a car is finally allotted to me and details will be shared on 10th. Any suggestions on the pre-delivery checklist and insurance that I can go for kindly let me know the link. It was 8 months + long wait finally seeing some silverlining
Hopefully the waiting ends for you and you get the car soon!

MG's allocation means nothing as I have been "allocated" the car for the past 3 months but never got it. They will say the car was allocated, but due to chip shortage it was not manufactured and you will get next month "pinky promise". Then next month will come over and they will say "Oops, again didn't manufacture the car and pinky promise you'll get next month." Rinse and repeat. I've been told same thing this month also, let's see what happens.

Unless you get dispatch confirmation from the dealer, don't get too excited. I know I did get excited 2 times and it was pretty heartbreaking to learn that you are not getting the car after all. I had even planned trips with the car.

There is Team BHP Checklist and GoMechanic's one. Both are good and cover most of the things.

Get the quotes from Policybazaar/Coverfox for your car with essential add-ons like Zero Dep, Consumables, Return to Invoice, Engine Protection, NCB Protector, etc. Make sure the insurance you choose has cashless tie up with your garage. Check the claim settlement ratio of the insurer and go with the highest one possible (if their quote is within reasonable difference from others). This is for maximum peace of mind. My personal suggestion would be to avoid companies like Acko as they don't have cashless tie ups with official brands and are generally better when your car is older. After you get the quotes from these places, negotiate with your dealer. If they reduces prices to match or within acceptable range of the quotes, go with the dealer's insurance as they generally get things done hassle-free on a priority basis during claims. Again, better peace of mind. Make sure the IDV and add-ons that are added are the same ones the dealer is providing. Also, you can ask the dealer to remove add-ons you feel is not needed.

PS: Also ask for some kind of compensation for the delay in delivery from dealer and MG (both separately, one by talking to dealer and one by raising a pulsehub request). Best case, you might get some accessories for free. Worse case, they don't give you anything. Doesn't hurt to ask. You've got nothing to lose. MG did give some accessories to people who booked in 2021 as delay compensation so it might work.
anti21 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks