Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 21:28   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Silver and White look pretty bad on lowest trim. Dark colours suit the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Maruti missing diesel motor here. Kia has the diesel advantage for sure. Ertiga and XL6 together doing simply great for Maruti, with diesel motor they can do some more. Good start by Kia. Recently I saw silver color Carens on road for the first time. By the looks of it, looks pretty ordinary in actual than photos IMHO.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 21:35   #602
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
I found this here. I guess it turns HVAC into internal circulation mode whenever the washer fluid is used in wipers to prevent its smell from entering. You can see the photo of the options in the OP's review
"smell" of washer fluid ? how does it enter the car if used in fresh air mode ? the water is swept away by the wind, or it enters the drain channels in the cowl area - the fresh air intake should be sitting 'clear' of the water drain channels, right ? I've been driving cars with auto AC for a long time and set it in full-auto most of the time, so the car chooses fresh-air v/s recirculation as it pleases. Never have been bothered by 'washer-fluid-smell' (I have no idea what it smells like, in my cars)
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 22:10   #603
BHPian

Zighweels review!

NAVREVV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 01:12   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
(I have no idea what it smells like, in my cars)
The standard windshield cleaner liquid you get has high quantity of alcohol and has a very strong odor. This odor can easily seep into the cabin if the AC is in fresh air mode.

If you use pure water or distilled water as windshield cleaner you probably wont notice any odor if the AC is in fresh air mode or in recirculation mode.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 09:33   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
The standard windshield cleaner liquid you get has high quantity of alcohol and has a very strong odor. This odor can easily seep into the cabin if the AC is in fresh air mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
"smell" of washer fluid ? how does it enter the car if used in fresh air mode ? the water is swept away by the wind, or it enters the drain channels in the cowl area - the fresh air intake should be sitting 'clear' of the water drain channels, right ?
Exactly, a thoughtful marketing feature with no additional cost. But I think functionally it's a gimmick and no use as you stated the position of washer, HVAC air inlet and the wind effect during the car's motion.
Old 11th March 2022, 10:18   #606
BHPian

Another owner review for Petrol 1.5NA engine.

NivasBaskaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:31   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
I found this here. I guess it turns HVAC into internal circulation mode whenever the washer fluid is used in wipers to prevent its smell from entering. You can see the photo of the options in the OP's review
More likely as a pseudo drizzle/rain detection - many people might pull on the wiper when the windshield is dry to spray some fluid and wipe off the dust as well as the drizzle.
Old 11th March 2022, 18:01   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=oz-jCSY7zl8
Very useful review video; however lacking in details such as ease of overtaking on highways and navigating climbs when loaded. Have seen her previous video but that was more like a specs review.
Old 12th March 2022, 15:10   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, most of these YouTube reviews by amateur reviewers tend to be very superficial. Filled with words like good, nice, comfortable etc. which mean nothing to auto enthusiasts. Unless an adjective used is relative, and experience based, i.e., in comparison with other cars of similar segments it is meaningless.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th March 2022 at 15:29.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 17:01   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes, most of these YouTube reviews by amateur reviewers tend to be very superficial. Filled with words like good, nice, comfortable etc. which mean nothing to auto enthusiasts. Unless an adjective used is relative, and experience based, i.e., in comparison with other cars of similar segments it is meaningless.
Yes. They are very basic indeed. But, from couple of 1.5 NA videos, could see that they are getting milage around 13 in city and 17 in highways. Which is pretty good for a car of this size.

And, even amature reviewer itself telling this engine is not for enthusiasts.
NivasBaskaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 17:07   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Few more to add:

These amateur reviewers use words like 'premium' a lot including many cars whose name I don't want to mention. Anything with touchscreen or sunscreen they declare it as awesome.
Old 12th March 2022, 20:54   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivasBaskaran View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=oz-jCSY7zl8
Little girl seating on her lap. Big security risk. This lady seems to be educated but not aware of the risk.
IP_Man is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 00:12   #613
BHPian

Carens has been unveiled in Indonesia

NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 07:06   #614
nvn
BHPian

Another bulk delivery marketing stunt by KIA. This time in Chennai

Wondering how KIA can maintain booking priority order if they are planning to do more such marketing activities
Old 13th March 2022, 11:54   #615
BHPian

This is my first post apart from introduce yourself. I am presently driving an Ertiga ZDI(2014) with the odo reading of almost 99K.

We are four members including 2 kids aged 10 and 8. My parents, residing in the next house accompany us for some trips(local and long). Our in laws residing in the next street also accompany us for some outstation trips.

We bought the Ertiga keeping in mind of these factors. At that time, only Innova and Ertiga were shortlisted and my wife found the egress and ingress of Ertiga more easier than Innova.

It's almost eight years now and time to upgrade. This time XUV 700, Alcazar and Safari were shortlisted and we all visited the showrooms and were almost in favour of Safari, when the Carens was introduced.

All are happy with the pricing and comfort and even our kids were ready to forego their panoramic sunroof desire. So we have initially booked Luxury plus 1.4Petrol MT on 15/2/2022 and later changed it to Luxury Plus Diesel MT on 18/2/22. The waiting period has gone up from 10 weeks to 21 weeks due to the change. Hope will get it before April according to my sales guy.
anbaras is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks