Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 07:57   #631
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Chk out this video to clarify your doubts:https://Youtu.be/77URJpjZbwM
Infact, Diesel manual is supposed to perform better than the corresponding Automatic since you will have FULL control of the gearing.

Dear Mods, please help merge both the replies.

Thanks.
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 14:55   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
KIA Carens hill review in diesel MT

https://Youtu.be/25d-Xs-EBo8

Not very positive review but the point he is trying to probably get across is its okay as a people mover but not a sporty drive especially since it was mentioned that is better than Ertiga
Superficial review to be honest. It looks like the reviewer does not know how to drive in hills. Most of the turbo diesel engines have sweet spot above 2000 rpm, meaning you have to drive above 2000 rpm (till up to 3500 rpm depending on the car) to get the optimum thrust from the engine. This is a heavier car and wont be as lively as a Seltos 1.5D, but even Seltos becomes lively post 2000 rpm as per TBHP official review. During hill driving, one needs to work the gears to keep the engine in the sweet spot. He looks like a mileage-obsessed guy as he was trying to drive in 4th gear on that road. . Turbo petrol might be better but will gulp petrol on hilly roads.
mahesh_sn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 15:28   #633
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Superficial review to be honest. It looks like the reviewer does not know how to drive in hills. Most of the turbo diesel engines have sweet spot above 2000 rpm, meaning you have to drive above 2000 rpm (till up to 3500 rpm depending on the car) to get the optimum thrust from the engine. This is a heavier car and wont be as lively as a Seltos 1.5D, but even Seltos becomes lively post 2000 rpm as per TBHP official review. During hill driving, one needs to work the gears to keep the engine in the sweet spot. He looks like a mileage-obsessed guy as he was trying to drive in 4th gear on that road. . Turbo petrol might be better but will gulp petrol on hilly roads.
Exactly my thoughts too. Thanks! Why not go in a lower gear for higher RPM instead off complaining about having to keep up with speed in 4th gear.
Old 15th March 2022, 16:48   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsmax View Post
I also test drove the turbo petrol DCT at Jabalpur and found it to be a very well rounded product at the price. I have a 5 year old renault lodgy stepway which has done approx 90k and now up for change.
What is/was the wait period for your booking in your city? One of my friend in Bhopal wanted to book one, but was quoted a 6 month waiting and he dropped it. He was told to try with other dealers in the state for an earlier delivery.
Old 15th March 2022, 20:04   #635

Hi All,

I have booked Luxury Plus Diesel AT and on road price is 21L. Here is my usage, the car will be primarily used by my dad, (chauffeur driven) and will be used by me when I am in India for a month every year. The driving will be a mix of city driving and driving through hills. I am torn between the manual diesel Luxury option which is 3 lakh cheaper and whether spending 3 lakh for Auto, better speakers and ventilated seats makes sense. I am comfortable with manual. Also are there any alternatives that you can recommend at this price point.

Last edited by jacomath : 15th March 2022 at 20:15. Reason: Clarification
jacomath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 22:25   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomath View Post
Hi All,

I have booked Luxury Plus Diesel AT and on road price is 21L. Here is my usage, the car will be primarily used by my dad, (chauffeur driven) and will be used by me when I am in India for a month every year. The driving will be a mix of city driving and driving through hills. I am torn between the manual diesel Luxury option which is 3 lakh cheaper and whether spending 3 lakh for Auto, better speakers and ventilated seats makes sense. I am comfortable with manual. Also are there any alternatives that you can recommend at this price point.
If the car is going to be chauffeur driven most of the time, I suggest Luxury Diesel MT. Diesel MT will give 3kmpl more mileage. The extra 3 lakh required for luxury plus automatic can drive the car for atleast 5 years or 50000 kms.

Note: if Captain seats are preferred, then only top luxury plus has it.
jthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 22:53   #637
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

As the wait time is high, mostly the new Ertiga/XL6 (with rumoured 6speed TC on petrol) will be launched by the delivery time and you can see if it's an option. I am assuming it will be significantly cheaper than diesel AT of KIA Carens
nvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 23:38   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
If the car is going to be chauffeur driven most of the time, I suggest Luxury Diesel MT. Diesel MT will give 3kmpl more mileage. The extra 3 lakh required for luxury plus automatic can drive the car for atleast 5 years or 50000 kms.

Note: if Captain seats are preferred, then only top luxury plus has it.
Thank you, we will be opting for the 7 seater, I am sure I will not know the finer details between Bose sound vs stock speakers. Only unknown is what will be the change in wait time if we change it to manual.
jacomath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 23:39   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvn View Post
As the wait time is high, mostly the new Ertiga/XL6 (with rumoured 6speed TC on petrol) will be launched by the delivery time and you can see if it's an option. I am assuming it will be significantly cheaper than diesel AT of KIA Carens
Thanks, our usage will be high, so I guess we will have to stick with Diesel
Old 16th March 2022, 06:55   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, we will be opting for the 7 seater, I am sure I will not know the finer details between Bose sound vs stock speakers. Only unknown is what will be the change in wait time if we change it to manual.
You can check with different dealers. Some could have the top two variants in MT for ready delivery. Although more likely in Petrol.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 06:57   #641
nvn
BHPian

Quote:
My SA mentioned that MT wait times are much lower. Infact he mentioned (about a week back) that the showroom has not done a single AT delivery yet but have been daily delivering MT variants. Also, if you are flexible with color choice potentially you could get a vehicle sooner (due to cancellations)
nvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 07:07   #642
Senior - BHPian

The Bose on the Carens is just not worth it. Dont think much about it. Just go with whatever speaker and change/upgrade later if you wish
Quote:
I will not know the finer details between Bose sound vs stock speakers

Last edited by Sebring : 16th March 2022 at 07:08.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 11:38   #643
BHPian

Anyone here got with 1.4L (P) basemodel? HOw is the engine without turbo, Im not able to find any reviews for the non turbo engine.
Old 16th March 2022, 11:58   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Superficial review to be honest.
I thought that too. It’s a “Desi” review tbh. Bunny Punia from 91 wheels did a diesel AT review with 6 people and he didn’t complain on anything. Further, if you want a better response on hills from Diesel, you always have sports mode to make the car perform in high RPM’s. Petrol motor in hills will be a fuel guzzler for sure.

I don’t know if prestige variant has various drive modes. If yes, he could have tried that to see the real performance in hills.
Old 16th March 2022, 12:36   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Change in variant will count as a fresh booking and latest waiting period for the new variant will apply from the date of change

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks