Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 18:15   #511

Re: Jeep Meridian Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sahab View Post
Hi Jayanttalwar,
Thanx for the tips. I just did the PDI today (taking the delivery on Friday). I kept these points in mind. The display vehicle was still present at the same spot!! So, no issues.

I followed the check list provided at the various BHP discussions. Honestly, it was useful.

As for the deal, I got 1.5 Lac discount on the Jan manufactured car (3565000.00 ex showroom) A further waiver of del and doc charges - 41300.00. Additional discount of 15000.00 for Retd defence personnel.

Total cost I paid was 4057280.00.

If I am not wrong this model is BS6 compliant. Or that is what my Sales rep told me. In fact the diesel variant comes in BS6 only.

Basking in the expectation of collecting the vehicle on Friday while still wondering if I got a good deal!!
This does look like a good deal. I got Jan 2023 make model as well. Total discount was 1.5 Lakhs + 20k doc/delivery charges waved off + 30k Corporate car lease discount. So total of 2 Lakhs over all without insurance discount. Insurance was done by my company for around 70k ( vs dealer rate of almost 1.5L). Discounts look similar. I also went ahead with BH registration (about 65k for 2 years) so On-road for 4x2 Limited Optional Automatic came to around 34L without accessories. I opted for 3 years Maintenance service pack (45k), Side Stepper, Underbody Lights, Ambient Lights, Mating and Mud flaps for additional cost.
Cars4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 21:01   #512
BHPian

Quote:
If I am not wrong this model is BS6 compliant. Or that is what my Sales rep told me. In fact the diesel variant comes in BS6 only.
Only BS6 cars being sold in India since mid-2020....

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2023 at 09:25. Reason: smiley
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 23:56   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow BHPians and Meridian enthusiasts, Proud to announce that I have cancelled the Tucson booking and booked Meridian Limited (O) 4X4 yesterday from Landmark Gurugram.

Although I have checked the PDI thread, any other advise that I need to take care of? My apprehensions come out of the fact the just yesterday I was told I will get the vehicle by weekend and today I was told it has already been despatched and is enroute to Gurugram and expected to reach tomorrow. Kahin aisa to nahin demo wali gaadi pakda dein!! (Any chances of them handing me the demo vehicle on display at the showroom?)
May I ask what made you choose the Jeep over the Tucson?

As for ensuring that you are not given a demo car, check the VIN of your allocated car to find out when it was manufactured. Also check it all around for the damage you noticed on the demo model. Also make sure to check the odometer. It won’t be 0 but it shouldn’t be 200kms+ either.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th February 2023 at 08:06. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 19:46   #514

Hi Cresterk,

Apologies for the late response. We were busy exploring and enjoying the new Meridian!! ��

Coming to your query of choosing the Meridian over Tucson. Firstly, I read somewhere in the review threads here about the cons of Tucson being a CKD and the consequent high and delayed servicing / maintenance in the event of any mishap. I am particularly referring to one of the users’ issue of damage to the door and the resultant wait of almost three months for the spare parts to be shipped for replacement. Secondly, I wasn’t much impressed by the ADAS being offered in Tucson. To be honest, it won’t be much of use in the Indian traffic conditions. Thirdly, the build quality of both the vehicles. Tucson felt more glamorous and less sturdy as compared to Meridian. Sitting inside Tucson needed certain amount of finesse and sophistication. On the other hand Meridian was an experience as if sitting inside a tank!!! One could just slip into the seats and enjoy the sturdy feeling of the interiors. No qualms of soiling the interiors. Tucson is way too bright and fragile when it comes to maintaining the interiors. Will require efforts not to soil the light coloured fabric. Then the driving experience and the road presence… Even while TD I could clearly sense the awe passer-by gave to Meridian. I did notice many a glances (I notice them more now while on the roads) given to Meridian. I feel the road presence of Meridian is certainly greater.

Lastly, I never once felt any sense of regret in foregoing Tucson. But I certainly felt great amounts of pride in owning a Meridian.

Hope I have been able to express my point of view satisfactorily ��
Major Sahab is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:33   #515
BHPian

Hello friends,

Hope you all are having a great time. After completing 5000 km with my Jeep Meridien, I just want to say that this vehicle is too awesome to drive and I am glad every moment that I chose this over other vehicles.

Whosoever is browsing this thread, please do not have any second thoughts about this vehicle. It is as reliable as a vehicle can be. It is as fabulous as a vehicle can be.

I’m getting an average of nearly 15 kmpl on the highways and 11 kmpl in the city. I think this is a good mileage. Given the size of the vehicle and capacity of the engine. The engine noise is no more bothering me. It has gotten smoother over period of time.

That’s it folks, have a great time. Thanks.
zepp1108 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 15:09   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
Whosoever is browsing this thread, please do not have any second thoughts about this vehicle. It is as reliable as a vehicle can be. It is as fabulous as a vehicle can be.

I’m getting an average of nearly 15 kmpl on the highways and 11 kmpl in the city. I think this is a good mileage.
Thank you for your update zepp1108.

I echo similar sentiments with our Jeep and we are at about 600+ km; only fly in the ointment for now is the city mileage which is around the 6.5-7 kmpl in Bangalore. However, we have not yet been able to take it on a long drive & we're hopeful there will be a change as we drive more!

The interiors are top notch and continue to make us happy!

At this juncture, we would certainly recommend the Jeep Meridian to anyone who is looking for a reasonably spacious, butch, good looking, feature-loaded comfortable SUV with a relaxed style of driving and not looking for the quickest 0-100!
car-o-holic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 10:46   #517
BHPian

Hey,

So i have nearly finalised on Jeep Meridian 4x4 as my next vehicle after 7 years of my trusty Polo GT TSI. I would have gone with polo more years had requirements not changed ( started with 2 humans and now its 3 humans and 2 canines).

But upon enquiring expected delivery times, sales rep has told me that no new bookings are being taken by Jeep as of now because of upcoming RDE norms.
I am a little confused that if regulations are coming in April then why is the company not released the compliant models yet. Just want to confirm with other people here if similar story with them too.

I have paid the booking amount but want to be sure that sales rep is not just taking me for a ride maybe because of price hike upcoming in April.
Old 4th March 2023, 14:41   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
But upon enquiring expected delivery times, sales rep has told me that no new bookings are being taken by Jeep as of now because of upcoming RDE norms.
I am a little confused that if regulations are coming in April then why is the company not released the compliant models yet. Just want to confirm with other people here if similar story with them too.
Congratulations on deciding to go ahead with the Meridian!

I just reached out to my SA to check and he mentioned that is true for petrol variants of Compass, but for Meridian they are receiving vehicles and it is in stock.
Hope you can reach out to your SA for a clarification. Good luck!
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:09   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Congratulations on deciding to go ahead with the Meridian!

I just reached out to my SA to check and he mentioned that is true for petrol variants of Compass, but for Meridian they are receiving vehicles and it is in stock.
Hope you can reach out to your SA for a clarification. Good luck!
Thanks a lot. I will reach out to him and ask for clarification.
n13tzsche is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 23:28   #520

Hi, I do feel the car is quite hard on even small speed bumps. I usually drive alone, or along with spouse. Could you please suggest the right pressure to control the bumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansense View Post
EDIT:
Oh, one more thing:

Air pressure: The recommended pressure of 37/34 is ideal only if the vehicle is fully loaded. If you are not fully loaded it will be very bumpy. Best to keep the pressure low if you are not fully loaded.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th March 2023 at 00:22. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please don’t quote entire long posts as it inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank you.
Old 18th March 2023, 13:08   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansense View Post
About 6000 km done in 5 months. Here's my experience:

- When it's a light drizzle, automatic wipers are a bit lazy to start (on low setting) or too aggressive (on the high setting). Could have been a bit better. Also, why doesn't the sunroof close automatically when the car detects rain? (Apparently no other car has this either?)
A friend recently bought a Meridian (Limited Option) 4x2, however, it seems to miss the ambient lighting and Rain sensing wipers. Does it really have the rain sensor because the manual says the two Auto settings are:

1. 10 Second interval.
2. Speed-dependent wiper interval.

It does not talk about the Rain sensor at all.

Also, there is Ambient Light setting in the Center Console but it seems to be doing nothing.

Any pointers?

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th March 2023 at 13:20. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 19th March 2023, 02:08   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Does it really have the rain sensor

Any pointers?
Yeah of course it has rain sensing wipers. Even their brochure mentions it pretty clearly.

https://stc.aeplcdn.com/f/brochure/43/1348/kzuavoe.pdf “Rain sensing front wipers” under “comfort and convenience”
Old 19th March 2023, 09:45   #523
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Have a doubt. When reversing the vehicle, only one back light (shown below) lights up. Is it okay? Seems like both the side lights should glow up.

Jeep Meridian Review-89abfaeb240849f0bec28584ec8ebef1.jpeg
Old 19th March 2023, 14:07   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp1108 View Post
Hello Friends,

Have a doubt. When reversing the vehicle, only one back light (shown below) lights up. Is it okay? Seems like both the side lights should glow up.

Attachment 2430497
The other side is the rear fog lamp and glows in red when turned on.
Old 20th March 2023, 10:42   #525

Jeep Meridian new set of ads. https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/onlyinajeep American brands are good at marketing, I must say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks