Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2022, 10:16   #196

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Just curious, how much numbers of Tucson does Hyundai want to sell as per your sources? Just wanted to get the latest assessment as 8-10 months waiting periods were quoted at the day of price reveal?
I just had a word with 2 dealers in BLR and both of them have said car might be delivered in 3-4 months(even those who have pre booked also)
Apparently the 8-10 month waiting time was informed by Hyundai through a notification and since then HMIL has taken both dealers and potential buyers for a joke!
They have kept us in the dark ever since they revealed the car in July
For those who are really interested to buy Tucson in BLR have a word with Lakshmi Hyundai they have only one showroom in North BLR and not many might have booked through them
Also there might be a price increase come January so it's better to trouble your SA and do everything you can to get the car delivered ASAP
The ss attached is in regard to a DSL 2.0 Signature Variant
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot_20220820100706__01.jpg  

bond_008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 11:13   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
I just had a word with 2 dealers in BLR and both of them have said car might be delivered in 3-4 months(even those who have pre booked also)

The ss attached is in regard to a DSL 2.0 Signature Variant
I feel deliveries should streamline from next month for Diesel. July and August would have been a bit of chaos as well where people have been changing colour/variant post seeing the car in flesh, test drive and the premium price Hyundai has come up with, which would have triggered some cancellations. Dealers also want to ensure they try to maintain that relationship with some of their returning customers who trusted them and pre-booked few months before. Let's hope for the best .

On a separate note, I could not find any media reviews talking about the MFR LED Headlights and how they perform in low light/night condition (maybe no one got to keep car during late evening during review).

I also wish, they could have done a better job on ambient lighting. I like what Tiguan has done. It just adds to the premium feeling. The Shift By Wire variant which Hyundai did not get here has an opening below gear box which has ambient lighting but in current one, it is closed.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-nx4interiorlight__09784.jpg

Last edited by neel911 : 20th August 2022 at 11:19.
Old 20th August 2022, 11:26   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
Apparently the 8-10 month waiting time was informed by Hyundai through a notification and since then HMIL has taken both dealers and potential buyers for a joke!
They have kept us in the dark ever since they revealed the car in July
For those who are really interested to buy Tucson in BLR have a word with Lakshmi Hyundai they have only one showroom in North BLR and not many might have booked through them
A word of advice. Don’t choose/change your dealer just for a quicker delivery. What really matters in the long run is the service and upkeep experience with the dealer. There is a reason why certain dealers get more number of bookings than the others and majority of them being repeat customers. So a few months here and there is worth the wait for a good long term ownership experience in my view.
On a side note, Lakshmi Hyundai has 61 bookings so far for the Tucson.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 13:58   #199
BHPian

Going by earlier news publications, Hyundai would be selling Tucson through Signature outlets. There are around 180 outlets. If target is 500 units, then roughly per outlet there will be 3 cars allocated per month!!! That sounds disappointing.
Old 20th August 2022, 14:36   #200
Senior - BHPian

I had booked a Hyundai Tucson (Signature AT - Starry Night).

Post price announcement, despite being a good product, decided against it just because of its PRICE. 41 lakhs for this one is too high.

Have requested the dealership for Refund. My search continues yet again.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 15:02   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Going by earlier news publications, Hyundai would be selling Tucson through Signature outlets. There are around 180 outlets. If target is 500 units, then roughly per outlet there will be 3 cars allocated per month!!! That sounds disappointing.
Is that how the Hyundai's logic going to be? To me the allocations should factor in proportion of the bookings received by the outlet, rather than averaging like this.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 20th August 2022 at 15:04.
Old 20th August 2022, 16:14   #202
Senior - BHPian

Why Hyundai axed plans for a 7-seater Tucson for India?

Name:  20220713052906_Hyundai Tucson  7.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  48.3 KB

Quote:
Hyundai had contemplated a 7-seater version of the Tucson for India in a bid to distinctly position it above the 7-seater Alcazar.
Quote:
Found that space would be too tight in the third row for a flagship SUV, even less than in the Alcazar due to packaging constraints.
Quote:
Having faced a negative response to the poor third row space in the Santa Fe previously, Hyundai scrapped the idea to bring the 7-seater Tucson in India.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th August 2022 at 16:21.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 17:00   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Is that how the Hyundai's logic going to be? To me the allocations should factor in proportion of the bookings received by the outlet, rather than averaging like this.
Logic may be proportional to bookings. But the point is whatever the number gets allocated will be small. When the total number is capped, if they go by proportion of booking, some outlets will have to wait months for delivery isn’t it?
Old 20th August 2022, 21:12   #204
BHPian

Got a test drive done of the Petrol Signature at Kun Hyundai in Hyd today. The dealer has both petrol and diesel available for test drives. Interestingly I was told that they have more inquiries and booking for petrol variant over the diesel.
Also from what I understand is that deliveries for the folks who had pre booked might start in Sep.
Pre booking does not necessarily mean from when Hyundai officially announced that car, but bookings taken by dealers even before that.

Last edited by amitdan : 20th August 2022 at 21:38.
Old 20th August 2022, 21:47   #205
BHPian

I don't think Hyundai will give discount for Tuscon as it's a CKD with limited units allotted for India. Even at this price, they will easily sell 300-400 units a months and that should be enough for them. The car is overpriced but at that range you don't have any other option. Compass is no where near it in terms of fit N finish, performance and features and Tiguan is only petrol. So Tuscon hits a sweet spot and Hyundai is cashing on it. Sad But True. It is a seller's market out there.
Old 20th August 2022, 22:14   #206
BHPian

Just wish Hyundai had launched the 1.6 turbo petrol as an additional variant also for a premium. The petrol engine is very weak for a car this size and segment (only 192 Nm torque is a joke). For Delhi NCR people the diesel does not make much sense and the petrol engine is extremely underpowered. We own the 2016 Tucson diesel and the engine is amazing, and it is very hard to go from that to the underpowered petrol engine. I seriously doubt the capabilities of the petrol engine on the highway with 5 people on board along with 3-4 bags luggage for a road trip.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 23:04   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Just wish Hyundai had launched the 1.6 turbo petrol as an additional variant also for a premium. The petrol engine is very weak for a car this size and segment (only 192 Nm torque is a joke). For Delhi NCR people the diesel does not make much sense and the petrol engine is extremely underpowered. We own the 2016 Tucson diesel and the engine is amazing, and it is very hard to go from that to the underpowered petrol engine. I seriously doubt the capabilities of the petrol engine on the highway with 5 people on board along with 3-4 bags luggage for a road trip.
I agree with you. I've driven petrol Tucson for about a week. Of course, the 3rd generation, which has the same engine. It wasn't a great drive with all the requirements you've mentioned. I pretty much drove it with 3 people and 4 bags on a road trip. The acceleration is mild, and I personally felt it as worse than a Creta Diesel. If you press the pedal hard the revs go really high as if the engine is trying to catch a breath. You got to do some planning for overtaking maneuvers. That apart, it performs really well on a highway with a smooth ride. The cabin is quite spacious and comfortable for long drives. But to me it is the lag and lack of spontaneity, when needed, kills the purpose of owning such an expensive car.

I wish they had launched the 1.6 L TDI version/ hybrid version. The electric drivetrain supplements the petrol engine in giving it a nice torque and greatly enhances the performance.
Old 21st August 2022, 09:06   #208

Official accessories with price-list

Annexure 01_Tucson Accy Details.pdf.
puri.sarang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:21   #209
BHPian

What goes in big favour of Hyundai over its rivals, its simply fill it shut it forget it.

When i bought Elantra 4 years back everyone was against buying a 22Lac+ Hyundai, but i am glad i did it,

So Tucson will be a good buy. You can and will get bored of it, but it will keep running and every feature will continue to work flawlessly.
Also Hyundai has different service managers only for Tuscon/Elantra owners (Modi Hyundai) so you will feel premium service.

A good diesel alternative to Mahindra and Tata which i feel have improved greatly but i keep reading about horror owner stories.
DesertRain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 12:57   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinykid View Post
If you press the pedal hard the revs go really high as if the engine is trying to catch a breath. You got to do some planning for overtaking maneuvers. That apart, it performs really well on a highway with a smooth ride. The cabin is quite spacious and comfortable for long drives. But to me it is the lag and lack of spontaneity, when needed, kills the purpose of owning such an expensive car.
This pretty much sums up my petrol test drive experience.
I tried the Petrol Tucson on an open highway stretch and a couple of steep climbs. This is my analysis of the test drive:
- It picks up speed without a fuss while you are gentle on the acceleration, but you can’t floor the pedal.
- Flooring the pedal leads to engine grunting and then downshifting. I don’t see it as an issue unless you want to quickly overtake.
- Under normal acceleration you do reach triple digit speeds pretty easily without a fuss
- I currently drive a Duster and I do feel that the Dusters ride quality is superior. Tucson is not bad, but It did not match up to that of the Renault suspension. I did want to check the tyre pressure of the test drive vehicle because I think the tyres might have been overinflated.
- For a car that size, it’s handling is pretty much like a smaller vehicle
- Sound insulation in the cabin is great, and along with the mild AC and ambient cabin sounds, you are very nicely isolated in the cabin
- Test drive car was showing a 6 kmpl avg. City driving would possibly give you an 8 kmpl max, in a slightly sedate driving style
- Rear/ 2nd row legroom is impressive. Actually I am sure this would have been a great cabin even without a longer length Tucson. It works great for a long family trip, but otherwise I am not sure how many of the Tucsons on the road are chauffeur driven.
- With what Hyundai is offering in this model, can also see what the mid year upgrade of this model is going to be like. It would most probably have the hybrid powertrain, electronic/button design for the gear shifters, additional features like summon and paddle shifters. All these features and more are available in the current US/Euro spec 2022 Tucsons.
amitdan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks