Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2023, 19:31   #226
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
I was told by Executive that RWDs would also be available for off-roading.

Thanks for sharing the details kesh4munni. I couldn't visit the fest yesterday due to some personal emergency. But received another call yesterday if I could visit their PPS showroom, Indiranagar on Sunday to share some gift coupons for the people who couldn't join them on Saturday. When I called her today, She says Off-roading fest was already over yesterday. Thank you for ruining my hard earned weekend.

I have also spoken to my sales advisor when I visited the showroom today. He still says the standard template response, will check and update delivery status.
There were no RWD's at all. I went at about 3:30PM and had to wait till 5:30PM to get a chance to drive. Though there were few people, a couple of customers and some dealers were given preference making the wait times very long and bothersome.

You can still visit the track. It is available to the common public at a certain fee all through the year. It's called Dirty Drivez. They have vehicles such as the Gypsy, Thar, Willy that they also provide.
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 20:40   #227
BHPian

Posting an update on a recent trip from Pune to Hyderabad.
Below is the snippet of the trip details from ecosense.
Was cruising at 80-85 kmph most of the trip as permitted. The last 160 kms took 3.5 hrs as it was raining cats and dogs in KA and TS.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-ecosense-snip.jpeg  

nish6474 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 22:39   #228

Gentlemen,

Has anyone had the reverse parking camera installed? Did it need an update on the infotainment software? And has it been functioning glitch free?
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 01:09   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
Posting an update on a recent trip from Pune to Hyderabad.
Below is the snippet of the trip details from ecosense.
Was cruising at 80-85 kmph most of the trip as permitted. The last 160 kms took 3.5 hrs as it was raining cats and dogs in KA and TS.
That was an impressive Fuel economy. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
Gentlemen,

Has anyone had the reverse parking camera installed? Did it need an update on the infotainment software? And has it been functioning glitch free?
While I'm waiting for my Thar, I've been reading every thread and post about Thar these days. My understanding is that there was some issue with Automatic gear box and its been fixed with latest firmware update. Reverse parking camera installation doesn't require any firmware updates for Manual. However, the latest update allows the video to show in Fullscreen on Infotainment screen.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 03:44   #230
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Can someone please help me toggle to check the DEF levels menu, have been trying hard but to no avail.

Thanks much.
Hi, on the MID go to the fuel level section. Use the up/down button to toggle to DEF level.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 04:24   #231
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Mine was installed prior to delivery, in Feb 2021, by the Mahindra Accessories chaps. Indeed it was bought from the Mahindra Accessories catalogue.

Its been working in a peaceful and trouble free manner until now and continues to do so.

Mine is a 4x4 AT Petrol.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 09:08   #232
Senior - BHPian

Is they any official accessory to have a switch operated folding mirrors from Mahindra? Manual folding can be a pain when one has to crawl through congested human infested streets the kind I live in. Also in comparision to the XUV7OO is the Thar wider or smaller or similar in width to the XUV?

Thanks.
Old 21st March 2023, 10:24   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is they any official accessory to have a switch operated folding mirrors from Mahindra? Manual folding can be a pain when one has to crawl through congested human infested streets the kind I live in.

Thanks.
No official accessory but its possible with after market installations. I found the following video on YouTube.

Quote:
Also in comparision to the XUV7OO is the Thar wider or smaller or similar in width to the XUV?
I can't find the dimensions of the mirrors anywhere but Thar OEM mirrors looks bigger than XUV700 for me.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:23   #234
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
. Also in comparision to the XUV7OO is the Thar wider or smaller or similar in width to the XUV?

Thanks.
Refer to these attached screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-6b06ff190ac3451d8347554643f4f843.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-eb7a658343744959af6ffda8e231cd24.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 12:24   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

I had the camera fitted during frist service. They quoted Rs.1,500/- for software upgrade and said it was mandatory. When I told them that I will have to talk to M&M for software upgrade charges, they waived it off. I do not know if they have updated the software or not, but the camera has been working fine. Its been 2 weeks that I have the camera installed.
nish6474 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 15:45   #236

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Yes there is a software update. Once the SVC guys physically install the camera, they will do the wiring bit and connect it to the center console. However, the camera doesn't work, as there is a software update that is require for it to work.
After installation and wiring, they will update the software via OBD port and it will take half an hour or so.

PS- Camera cost is Rs. 4120/- which included installation. There are no charges for the software seperately.
old_miles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 00:39   #237

Hello Everyone,

Shashank here from Hyderabad. I booked my Thar LX D MT Everest White on Jan 19th and can't contain my excitement till it comes home. Have been spending time reading experiences from all BHPians (@GTO, @shankar.balan, and others).

Context to my story:
I noticed the release of Thar RWD after coming back from a month-long trip from Europe and had to immediately book it without a TD. Took TD few days later and had an adrenaline spatter all over my brain.

My Dealer Rep (local) has been of zero help, doesn't even pick up my calls. Hence have been following up with their Sales Head (based out of Bangalore) Mr.Ashvin, who has been very cordial and did mention that Mahindra would start billing for all Diesel bookings from this month's end (Excited but don't know when my Thar would come home). I was initially given delivery date of 5th May, 2024 but I ain't one of patient customers so the dealers will have to face me prowling their showrooms now and then

Happy to see so many people enjoying their Thar. I'd like some inputs on the accessories that I plan on installing when I receive my Thar:
1) 360 degree Camera,
2) Dark Lord Cladding on the Wheel arches.
3) Functional Arm Rest ( that doesn't eat up into the cup holder space)
4) Halogen Swaps (as I find the stock one very outdated. Saw some BHPians suggesting Osram or Philips Night breaker series)
5) Lights, More lights on the Thar as I plan on going for long trips once I have the car.

6) Side Steps
7) Front JK/JL Grills with the lights looked absolutely ravishing.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.
Old 24th March 2023, 06:38   #238
BHPian

So after many muted weeks, the car (White Petrol Auto) has arrived at the dealership.
Formalities are currently being completed, i am traveling over the weekend and should be picking up the vehicle early next week.
'Pre-booked' on Jan 5, officially in the system on Jan 9, customer care consistently maintained i would get delivery in March and they've been right.
Dealer had no idea until the vehicle was shipped from Nasik.
Seems like this is the first White Thar being delivered from the dealer.

Last edited by P72NX : 24th March 2023 at 06:39.
P72NX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 13:02   #239
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Folks, what exactly is a shield warranty?
Is it like an extended warranty? Have asked my contact but yet to hear from him after a day.

And is it better to avail insurance through the dealership or can we get better deals outside. Am based out of Bangalore.
Old 24th March 2023, 13:21   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Folks, what exactly is a shield warranty?
Is it like an extended warranty? Have asked my contact but yet to hear from him after a day.
Yes, it's Mahindra's name for extended warranty which you can buy for 4th year or 5th or both.

Quote:
And is it better to avail insurance through the dealership or can we get better deals outside. Am based out of Bangalore.
Insurance cost outside will be much lower than dealerships. It can even be half the amount they quote. Usually dealers convince us saying there will be problems during claims but in reality there's nothing like that even when you buy it outside.
Ragu_Durai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks