Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 19:53   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Awesome photograph. The surroundings are just perfect for the BNW Punto to make it stand out and glow.
Sorry - buts whats a BNW Punto?
Old 20th May 2011, 19:58   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sorry - buts whats a BNW Punto?
BNW Punto = Bossa Nova White Punto
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 21:50   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I completed 10K kms on my Punto (MJD).
I have a quick question for you guys, Is it recommended to change the engine oil right now (I haven't changed it during the 1st service) or can I wait for the 2nd service which is due in September.

Here is a picture of my car
Attachment 548345
You will anyway have to go for oil change during 1year/15K service. Better do it at that point of time. Afterwards, you can go for oil change at every 7.5K if you're not comfortable changing oil only every 15K km.
Old 21st May 2011, 08:45   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to have an auxiliary port for the music player? it'll be nice to just slot in the cable and play music.
The USB is too much of a hassle.
Is there any way, accessory or something? Or do I need to get the player modified? any idea how much it'll cost? and it'll probably void the warranty too I guess
Old 21st May 2011, 15:27   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt
Is there a way to have an auxiliary port for the music player? it'll be nice to just slot in the cable and play music.
Is there any way, accessory or something? Or do I need to get the player modified? any idea how much it'll cost? and it'll probably void the warranty too I guess
The blue&me is connected to the music player via the auxiliary port so there is no way to connect an aux-in.

Get e USB extension cable then connecting the USB drive will be easier.
Old 21st May 2011, 15:57   #3381
Senior - BHPian

OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute
Lovely! Those dark films look damn good. When are you getting that Punto to Pune and to our next meet?
Thanks Ajay.. Wish i knew the answer to that question...! They are scared that once it comes here it wont go back..!
Old 21st May 2011, 17:41   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Is yours the emotion pack ? If then there was a discussion not long ago about a aux cable for the Blaupunkt system. All you have to do is remove the music system and connect the cable to the back of the system . Check the link below for the Grundig HU , there was a similar cable sold for the Blaupunkt HU on ebay and the procedure to connect the cable is same for the Blaupunkt HU .
Grande Punto Grundig HU aux in hack - The FIAT Forum
PS: this is a option only for the blaupunkt HU . The last i heard , the new post sept 2010 models come with a Bosch system wth the AUX feature disabled totally .
EDIT: Here you go
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blau...a868994433e14b
you can buy this and use a converter to have a 3.5mm jack !

Last edited by amulu10 : 21st May 2011 at 17:44.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:00   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the solution. But will this void the warranty?
Old 24th May 2011, 11:10   #3384
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks for the solution. But will this void the warranty?
No. It will not void the warranty. In case your car is Emotion variant with "Blaupunkt" written on the HU, then it will recognise the Aux input. Else it will not, since the Aux would be disabled.
What you need is this:
Blaupunkt aux-input

I am trying to source a few of these cables, In case I get hold of it I will let you know.
Interestingly, while searching on the net I found this:
Rathod.co.in

Last edited by MCR : 24th May 2011 at 11:12. Reason: Typo
Old 24th May 2011, 15:17   #3385
BHPian

Dear MCR,

Could you please get one for me too. I have E+ variant of GP having the Blaupunkt system.

Also, from where we can get the keys to remove the HU?

I will PM my details to you.

Thanks

-PK
Old 27th May 2011, 17:48   #3386
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried to get the aux-in for my 2011 Emotion and despite their best efforts Sachin's Autoshop wasnt able to add it. Looks like Fiat has well and truly removed this feature which is extremely annoying. Settled for the FM modulator which connects to the cig lighter slot. Sound quality isnt top notch but it suffices for now, cant keep writing CDs every time I want to listen to new music. IMO this is a really stupid move by Fiat to disable the aux-in. Argh!
Old 27th May 2011, 20:01   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I tried to get the aux-in for my 2011 Emotion and despite their best efforts Sachin's Autoshop wasnt able to add it. Looks like Fiat has well and truly removed this feature which is extremely annoying. Settled for the FM modulator which connects to the cig lighter slot. Sound quality isnt top notch but it suffices for now, cant keep writing CDs every time I want to listen to new music. IMO this is a really stupid move by Fiat to disable the aux-in. Argh!
Neil,
If you have the Emo and not the Emo PK, I'd suggest to get rid of that HU with immediate effect.
I have seldom seen such crappy HUs. Unfortunately, i cant get rid of mine because of B&M :(
I just upgraded the ICE setup for my GP and my wife's Spark.
The Spark setup cost 1/3 of the GP Setup and still sounds as good. The only difference is that the Spark HU is a Pio unit while mine is the horrible Blau.
p.s. I have Focal 165 compos installed while the Spark only has a 4.5" kicker compos.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:39   #3388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Neil,
If you have the Emo and not the Emo PK, I'd suggest to get rid of that HU with immediate effect.
I have seldom seen such crappy HUs. Unfortunately, i cant get rid of mine because of B&M :(
I just upgraded the ICE setup for my GP and my wife's Spark.
The Spark setup cost 1/3 of the GP Setup and still sounds as good. The only difference is that the Spark HU is a Pio unit while mine is the horrible Blau.
p.s. I have Focal 165 compos installed while the Spark only has a 4.5" kicker compos.
Im planning on doing that, waiting for the pay hikes to come into effect Will probably change the HU first and then upgrade the speakers. Have done quite a bit of research on this. In fact I had originally booked the Dynamic because I wanted to spend on a quality music system but since Fiat wasnt manufacturing any I had to upgrade to the Emotion and eventually will replace the complete music system. Double argh !!

Could you PM me the details of the Focals - where you got them installed & how much it came to?
Old 28th May 2011, 09:15   #3389
Senior - BHPian

My car is back after the 15K service. There were no issues other than a rattling co-driver seat. The rack/rail assembly of this seat was replaced under warranty. Overall it was a great service experience. My car was "checked-in" within 5 minutes of arrival, and I was told that I can collect her back only by 6PM next day. I rolled out from Kulathunkal Motors, TVM at 6.10 PM. Absolutely no hassle or waiting. Also the SA Mr.Vipin called me twice to update the WIP.

I am happy to say here that I've no need to open a thread or so because I have no issues to report after owning a Fiat for 11 months/ 14784 kms.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 28th May 2011 at 09:16.
Old 28th May 2011, 09:41   #3390
Senior - BHPian

@sandeep

Could you report your total service cost?? Also if possible independent part prices too. I ask because we were hearing about some increase in spare part prices from FIAT.

Other than that, 2days for regular servicing, that's a bit too much dont you think. Do they ask for you to make a booking for the service or did you just walk in. Because here in my town the service centre asks to make a booking especially for scheduled service, so that you dont have to wait for 2days to get it serviced. They even ask people to arrive in 15minute intervals, so that nobody has to wait to be checked by the SAs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks