Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 07:43   #4936
h14
BHPian

Don't worry, since you have reached out to Mr.Mangesh, rest assured, you will get a positive response from him.

I wasn't following this thread for some time now, else, I would have given you the contact details of Mr.Mangesh.
Old 26th May 2012, 18:44   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

^^^: Mangesh is good in responding to emails..but the ball is passed BACK to the dealer and we have to start ALL over again..

FIAT response towards customers is BAD. PERIOD!!
Old 26th May 2012, 19:09   #4938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm225 View Post
My dealer calls me up and tells me that since the Punto Sport has now been launched; I have no choice but to go for the Punto Sport and that I need to pay the extra amount.
Which dealer is this? Sounds like KHT Motors in Whitefield.

If this is how they are treating you, you should dump the idea and not buy a Fiat. This dealer attitude is unacceptable.

I had a terrible experience with KHT Motors when I picked up my Fiat. Terrible to the point that, if it was any other customer they would have dumped the idea of buying a Fiat. Fiat India were initially offering a cash discount of Rs. 75000 on the Tjet Plus. This was when I made the booking mid November 2011. A week later I had learned that the cash discount had increased to 1 lac rupees. When I followed up with my sales in charge, he agreed to the updated discount but said that it was for cars from the January-February 2011 batch whereas the cars with Rs. 75000 discount were from May June 2011 batch. This was a big fat lie as I cross checked with Prerana Motors and they said that was incorrect, I could have any batch of car I wanted and the discount will be 1 lac rupees. I cancelled my booking with KHT Motors and rebooked with Prerana in Lalbagh. I had to take a loss of Rs. 2000 as booking cancellation but at the end of the day, it was worth going to Prerana. They were professional and did not say "NO" to anything I wanted.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 20:21   #4939
Senior - BHPian

^^
To some (or larger) extent the blame lies with Fiat too. It was them who would have instructed the dealer to push for Sports version so as to improve the dealer and Fiat's margin (remember Sports doesn't come with discounts yet). It is like taking chance with unsuspecting customers and if some smart one comes then play out the drama which was planned well in advance.
Fiat is having 2010 manufactured cars still lying in their stock and still they are acting funny. Trying very hard shooting themselves in the foot.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 20:44   #4940
BHPian

I feel Fiat India is running like a proprietary kirana shop than a corporate. Someone at the top is highly focussed on short term gains than on a long term strategy.
Old 27th May 2012, 19:43   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Fiat is having 2010 manufactured cars still lying in their stock and still they are acting funny. Trying very hard shooting themselves in the foot.
If this is the case, why don't they give more discounts to sell off the remaining stock?
The Punto Sport in limited numbers (250), will they sell all 250? Remember when Fiat introduced S10, they could not sell all of them and eventually they have to sell it off in second market (due to contract with Sachin was expired).

dream wish is that they sell Punto Sports diesel with more discount, so that I can buy one 6 months or a year down the line...
Old 27th May 2012, 19:56   #4942
Senior - BHPian

This Punto sports is just a sticker job. Hope they are not hoping for a miracle from it.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 23:07   #4943
BHPian

Fiat oh Fiat. Wish you were on team-bhp. Atleast our forum and our feedback about your products and dealers would spur you on to be a competitor in the market place and also maybe in the customers mind.

If it was not for die-hard Fiat nuts Fiat wouldn't be here this long.

Last edited by Ford5 : 27th May 2012 at 23:08.
Old 28th May 2012, 07:56   #4944
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5
If it was not for die-hard Fiat nuts Fiat wouldn't be here this long.
That's what I used to think and argue with FIAT'ians. However, I do realise now that FIAT is here because of good products. Good products that lure people who become 'FIAT nuts' later on.

And yes- sadly, only the products are good. Everything else went wrong somewhere down the line.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 11:47   #4945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Fiat oh Fiat. Wish you were on team-bhp.
I can assure you 100% that Fiat is already there on T-BHP and I also feel that their decision to start their independent dealership (which is a No-brainer) has been influenced by T-BHP to some extent (if not large).
I strongly believe that No manufacturer can afford to ignore this forum for having a feel about the typical Indian customer psyche.
Old 28th May 2012, 14:15   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I strongly believe that No manufacturer can afford to ignore this forum for having a feel about the typical Indian customer psyche.
I dont think the manufacturers take this forum seriously. If they did, then some vehicles would not have come to the market in its present avatar.

Just that TBHP has a lot of rants and the public can read about it if they feel the need to.
Old 28th May 2012, 14:28   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers

I dont think the manufacturers take this forum seriously. If they did, then some vehicles would not have come to the market in its present avatar.

Just that TBHP has a lot of rants and the public can read about it if they feel the need to.
Team BHP also has a lot of raves
It does not matter if the manufacturers don't take the forum seriously. What matters is whether public do, and they do. If we help people by sharing our experience, they will know which car to buy, which does affect the manufacturers.
Old 28th May 2012, 14:35   #4948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
This has been point lot and lot of times by various members that why should they:
Our No. is not that large (not too small either) same like middle class voters which are not taken by politicians seriously (to make matters worse they don't come out to vote either).

Also see the quality of posts now a days.
Majority of the people expecting and demanding discounts on day one of launch.
Expecting, demanding and advising others for Rs. 5 lac discount for a small scratch done on car before delivery. If I were a dealer/manufacturer, would politely decline the sale.
People taking kids to showrooms (nothing wrong) and when they can't control and if the sales staff politely requests to comply, start accusing him of misbehaviour. Tell me how you feel when someone like this do this in your car or drawing room.
There are numerous posts and instances like this posted day in and day out nowadays and often you wonder that is common sense too uncommon and that's why I used the words "typical Indian customer psyche" in my previous post.
All I can say is Our Respect is in our Own Hands and it applies to T-BHP and T-BHPians too.
Freedom of Speech shouldn't be taken too far so as to create problems for others.
And be assured that each and every post is read by manufacturers and millions others, so think before posting anything on T-BHP (reminded time and again by Modeartors)

Last edited by carwatcher : 28th May 2012 at 14:45.
carwatcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 19:27   #4949
BHPian

Why is the new Oceanic Blue virtually absent on the roads? Never seen a Punto or Linea in that shade. Is the colour a flop or they are not delivering it?
Old 28th May 2012, 20:02   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer
Why is the new Oceanic Blue virtually absent on the roads? Never seen a Punto or Linea in that shade. Is the colour a flop or they are not delivering it?
I saw one Linea in OB colour today. When I passed it, it turned out to be a test drive car

There is one OB Punto in RMZ Ecospace that I spot often. I do think the colour is a flop. The bestselling colours on Linea seems to be Flamenco Red / Tuscan Wine, White and Silver.

Electric Blue and Foxtrot Azure seems to be flop colours on Punto.

Last edited by autocrat : 28th May 2012 at 20:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks