Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 13:14   #4906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Well yes, completely agree with that. Actually if there is Punto T-Jet, I may even go and buy one
But with Fiat, I would like to see something which can sell in good numbers (something like what Figo did to Ford).
Niche market is alright, but Fiat needs something to get them out of the niche brand tag.
True... If they fail to get numbers going they will be remembered only for the MJD engine

They must put faith back in people by supporting older cars with parts
Old 18th May 2012, 19:09   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Pics of 90 HP sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-back34camp17b.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-back34camp17blackbcopy.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-back34camp17whitebcopy.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dashboard55.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-doorsil33.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-front34re25newblack.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-front34re25newcopy.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-front34re25newwhitebcopy.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-gear73.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-pedal40.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-seating83a.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-seating92.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sideblack.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sidered.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sidewhite.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-steering61.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 19:18   #4908
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good looking cars there. But I prefer the perfect balance of dash and subtlety of the current Punto.

Those pedals. Good that I got rid of my habit of bare-foot driving.

OT: A fellow in TVS moped crashed into Punto while I was taking a u turn. I was slow. Indicators on. Maybe he did not have brakes. Shouted at him. My fault. Should always get down and check the damage before ruining someone's day. Cause there was barely anything in name of scratch on car.
May God forgive me for ruining his day.

Even if it means that the culprit can speed away, I will always make it a rule to first check damage before shouting at anyone.
download2live is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 19:35   #4909
BHPian

Nice pics.

Quick reminder : The ride will surely not come with those dark tints.

Now those tints will only be seen in the car brochures or during the Auto shows (demos).

The White one looks pretty close to Hemanth's ride.
Old 18th May 2012, 20:26   #4910
Senior - BHPian

The car is priced at 7.36 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi according to motorbeam. Its at a premium of Rs. 15,000 over the existing 2012 90 HP (7.21L). It gets red OSRVM caps on white and black shades and black on red shade, body graphics, sporty pedals, punto branded door sills, red stitching on steering wheel and gear knob and chrome tipped exhaust.
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 20:42   #4911
Senior - BHPian

Yes the prices are out. Its 14k odd premium over the regular 90HP.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto-sports-price.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 22:52   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
Yes the prices are out. Its 14k odd premium over the regular 90HP.
It translates to around 900000 in Bangalore! With just cosmetic changes its too much a premium. At least they could have uprated the engine to squeeze out another 10 hp.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:32   #4913
Team-BHP Support

Is it possible to buy the side stickers alone from someplace? Or do we need to buy the entire sticker set (If available)?

The side one look pretty cool.

But wonder why it costs a 14k premium over the old 90HP! Graphics set costs 2554, pedals costs 9950 and chrome tip costs 1990. Did they just add up the prices of these accessories to bring out a new variant?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th May 2012 at 06:39.
Old 19th May 2012, 07:55   #4914
Team-BHP Support

There are no changes in the alloy wheel pattern on the 90HP 'Sports'?? The previous pages had some post by raj_5004 of a scoop shot with different looking stickers and alloys. Agreed the speculated one didn't look as good as expected but at least it was substantially different looking from the normal 90HP, with the black roof and changed alloys. This one is disappointing.

+1 to what crazydriver said. If we total up the accessories and decals through Fiat's OEM accessory prices, it comes to normal 90HP price + 14k.

Any information on whether the gearbox is tuned better on the updated 90HP 'Sports'? That was the only place where the previous gen 90HP was lacking, from my knowledge

OT : Those chrome pedals, I've been trying to lay my hands on those for my T-Jet since day 1, but my dealer always says it is out of stock!

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th May 2012 at 08:02.
Old 19th May 2012, 12:36   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Those chrome pedals, I've been trying to lay my hands on those for my T-Jet since day 1, but my dealer always says it is out of stock!
Prerana had them when I took delivery of my car in December. I wanted them but the pricing put me off. For a set of pedals that has no Fiat branding on them, it does not justify the price. They sure look good but not good enough for the asking price.
Old 19th May 2012, 13:10   #4916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Those chrome pedals, I've been trying to lay my hands on those for my T-Jet since day 1, but my dealer always says it is out of stock!
Just ask them for the order number and the current status, most probably they would place the order only after that! I have faced the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it possible to buy the side stickers alone from someplace? Or do we need to buy the entire sticker set (If available)?

The side one look pretty cool.

But wonder why it costs a 14k premium over the old 90HP! Graphics set costs 2554, pedals costs 9950 and chrome tip costs 1990. Did they just add up the prices of these accessories to bring out a new variant?
You can order the sticker set too from the accessories department. You missed out the door sill plates, bro! They cost 350 INR or so.

BTW, the so called sports version pumps out 3 PS more power?
Old 19th May 2012, 13:24   #4917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

BTW, the so called sports version pumps out 3 PS more power?
No, its absolutely same as the one offered in the regular 90HP. No mechanical changes.
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:57   #4918

I recently booked a Punto 90hp. I've paid the down payment and my loan from SBI has also been sanctioned. All this happened days before the limited edition Punto Sport was launched. My dealer calls me up and tells me that since the Punto Sport has now been launched; I have no choice but to go for the Punto Sport and that I need to pay the extra amount. I tell him that the Punto Sport isn't to my taste and that I was least interested. He then tells me that as per Fiat instructions, the Punto Sport would be the only 90hp model given to customers until it runs out. I thought this as extremely absurd for fiat to force a model on its customers, and therefore called the Fiat customer care, they told me that the concerned department would call me back, but I'm yet to receive any call.

I find the decals on the Punto Sport ghastly, and moreover paying 15k for such cosmetic changes is ridiculous, in my book. I thought that the Punto Sport is supposed to be given to customers only by choice and that the regular 90hp would still be available. Does anyone here have any clarity on this matter?
Old 22nd May 2012, 17:42   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm225
I recently booked a Punto 90hp. I've paid the down payment and my loan from SBI has also been sanctioned. All this happened days before the limited edition Punto Sport was launched. My dealer calls me up and tells me that since the Punto Sport has now been launched; I have no choice but to go for the Punto Sport and that I need to pay the extra amount. I tell him that the Punto Sport isn't to my taste and that I was least interested. He then tells me that as per Fiat instructions, the Punto Sport would be the only 90hp model given to customers until it runs out. I thought this as extremely absurd for fiat to force a model on its customers, and therefore called the Fiat customer care, they told me that the concerned department would call me back, but I'm yet to receive any call.

I find the decals on the Punto Sport ghastly, and moreover paying 15k for such cosmetic changes is ridiculous, in my book. I thought that the Punto Sport is supposed to be given to customers only by choice and that the regular 90hp would still be available. Does anyone here have any clarity on this matter?
Which city are you located in? Not able to see as I am using phone app. Confirm with other dealers also if this is the case. Please check if other dealers have a 90hp in stock. Confirm the VIN number to check the car is not more than 2 months old and book it.
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:24   #4920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm225 View Post
He then tells me that as per Fiat instructions, the Punto Sport would be the only 90hp model given to customers until it runs out. I thought this as extremely absurd for fiat to force a model on its customers, and therefore called the Fiat customer care, they told me that the concerned department would call me back, but I'm yet to receive any call.
This is the strategy they followed and that lead to the demise of Palio.
In one of the website, I've read that FIAT forced upon the stock of Palio/Siena/Petra they produced onto dealers to sell them (like produce only black color, which are non-mover for many people) and dealers lost interest and wound-up. I think FIAT is also going in the same way rather than making options available to customers...

Anyway, god bless FIAT, though I own a FIAT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks