Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 17:55   #601
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemontuning View Post
@np23 - Light Gold has been Discontinued for 2011 Models although Linen Beige is Available for Cruze.
They are Planning to Launch in Grey ala Honda Civic! by April.
Ok ..thanks for the information and I am waiting to see linen beige in flesh.
I liked the light gold colour and it was doing reasonably well also I dont know why they have discontinued it ; I personally feel they should've discontinued the cherry red colour which I hardly ever see on roads
Old 19th February 2011, 00:19   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemontuning View Post
@np23 - Light Gold has been Discontinued for 2011 Models although Linen Beige is Available for Cruze.
They are Planning to Launch in Grey ala Honda Civic! by April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I've got news from a chevrolet dealer that from 19th february all cruze will be delivered in beige colours and they will discontinue grey interiors.
Any news on this?

Beige interiors.. Those'll be a bit boring. I guess it's just personal preference though.

Anyway, their website for the cruze doesn't seem to have been updated as of today with the new colors. It still shows the older shades like gold. Ours is an Atlantis Blue Cruze LTZ.

We avoided Gold because we thought it would look good only if the car was brand new and perfectly polished and parked in a particular lighting scenario. Yeah, the Reds were quite few and far between. I've seen plenty of Black and White ones though.
Old 20th February 2011, 20:17   #603
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the proposed changes mentioned above effective Feb 19th? I read in the other cruze thread about inclusion of few additional features in the LT model for an increase of Rs20k, which looked pretty attractive. I couldnt get any information from the website though and looks nothing have changed there. Can someone with the details confirm?
Old 4th March 2011, 15:49   #604
BHPian

I went to the chevrolet showroom to have a look at the refreshed cruze and they told me that they delivered one last evening only and only had the grey interior cruze's today,I asked them what all are the changes:-

LT model :-
price increase Rs 20,000
all black interiors
auto climate control
illuminated vanity mirror
audio control on the steering

LTZ model:-
price increase Rs 15,000
all black interiors
USB port instead of 6 CD player(now only single CD)
Bluetooth

Grey colour has been added ,misty lake discontinued and they are planning to discontinue light gold aswell
Old 20th April 2011, 14:26   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I went to the chevrolet showroom to have a look at the refreshed cruze and they told me that they delivered one last evening only and only had the grey interior cruze's today,I asked them what all are the changes:-

LT model :-
price increase Rs 20,000
all black interiors
auto climate control
audio control on the steering

LTZ model:-
price increase Rs 15,000
all black interiors
USB port instead of 6 CD player(now only single CD)
Bluetooth

Grey colour has been added ,misty lake discontinued and they are planning to discontinue light gold aswell
Looks like the LT Model really gets a boost when compared to the LTZ, for the price that is. I'd imagine more people would want auto climate control than Bluetooth given the choice. Wish our original cruze had come with Bluetooth and a USB port though. Still it was a nice touch to include the audio input (3.5mm) port in the armrest. Otherwise I'd have had to burn it all to a CD each time. Also I really gotta see the all-black interiors to know how well it will gel with the car.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:18   #606
BHPian

Gents,

Can anyone tell me if there is good resale value of this car? Especially in today's scenario when people change cars after almost every 5 yrs. The reason I ask this is, I am interested in out and out drivers car with spirited engine & with the price Cruze is coming, 2.0 Lt engine seems to be a great value for money.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:26   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Gents,

Can anyone tell me if there is good resale value of this car? Especially in today's scenario when people change cars after almost every 5 yrs. The reason I ask this is, I am interested in out and out drivers car with spirited engine & with the price Cruze is coming, 2.0 Lt engine seems to be a great value for money.
As this car is roughly 1.5 years old, we don't get to see too many Cruze's in the market. Atleast in Hyderabad where I have been following the used market for Cruze except for one odd here and there.

Being a C segment leader with 800+ units sales each month, there should be absolutely no problem in its re-sale value. You can compare its value with Honda Civic's and it could be equally good or better.

For e.g: A 4-year old Civic sells for roughly 50%-60% of OTR price. So, for the moment, we can only rely on similar ballpark

Finally, IMO, resale value is an insignificant point while considering this car as the driving pleasure that you derive over 5-years of ownership is way ahead
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 10:17   #608
BHPian

Thanks for the insight on Cruze, I am hooked to the thread and read it. I have recently booked 2011 Cruze LT 2.0 in Pune. I have been told that it has height adjustment as well. Unfortunately, could not hav dekko at variant due to unavailability of LT in their showroom/service/yard :(

As per salesperson, almost 90% of sale is made up of LTZ and AT, leaving few. However as the budget is tight, have settled for LT, which I think is adequately loaded.

I have query - The website suggest the ex-showroom price as 12,17,944 while the price break-up provided by Pashankar has ex showrrom as 12.41. The OTR price is 13.90
Old 27th April 2011, 12:57   #609
BHPian

Congrats on booking the Cruze and I am sure you will enjoy it,which colour have you booked?
I am afraid if 90% of the bookings are of LTZ/AT,what I've come to know is that most people are buying LT and only those who want only automatics are buying the AT,as LT now has quite a few essential features in comparison though the LTZ still is more value as for about 1.2lakhs more you get sunroof,leather seats,steering,parking sensor,peps and even if you get a sunroof and leather seats installed you spend more than the difference between the two.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:04   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
I have query - The website suggest the ex-showroom price as 12,17,944 while the price break-up provided by Pashankar has ex showrrom as 12.41. The OTR price is 13.90
That could be due to the inclusion of 20K additional for the new features in LT-2011

Pune OTR is cheaper than Hyderabad. I think the Hyderabad OTR is roughly 14.20L

Congrats and Welcome to the Cruze Club
Old 27th April 2011, 21:14   #611
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the 2011 cruze? Is there any significant change regarding the turbo lag issue? Heard the new cruze comes with an improved ECU mapping.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:38   #612
BHPian

Test drove the 2011 Cruze LTZ at DPM Auto in Dehradun a week ago.
The all-black interior looks fab vis-a-vis the previous gray one. I have never been a fan of the beige interiors so the black works wonders for me. The OEM ICE unit as rightly pointed out comes with a single-CD player now but with a USB and Bluetooth option. I wanted to see the new grey color but the salesman apparently had no knowledge of any such color coming to the showrooms. The interiors, specially the rear seat seemed cramped as ever and only a slight improvement over my OHC.
The engine was as usual fabulous with great straight line performance. The turbo lag was still there though I personally find it to be quite live-able. Also, the gearshift was quite a pleasant surprise for a Chevy and life in the city traffic shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Also the clutch had no rebound which has been quite infamous in every review. The sales person mentioned nothing about an ECU remapping so I cannot comment on that. Amazingly, there was hardly any waiting period with the black available off the shelf while the white shades had a waiting period of about 7-10 days. Great work for a car which sells like hot cake.
I found the LTZ version to be good value-for-money with all the features that it packed.
Will I buy it? The heart says yes but the mind advises me to hang onto the OHC and wait for something better.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:25   #613
BANNED

All -

I am in the process of moving (thought wise ) from an Optra to Cruze, for the stated reason, the SE that I'm in touch with, just informed me that the prices here in Delhi have been increased by close to 10K for the LT.

Can other T-BHPians confirm on a price hike?

With a price difference close to 4L (OTR) between the Optra LS and Cruze LT, fellow BHPian can you please suggest which one I should for?

For the Optra, I can go straightaway, if I plan for the Cruze will have to wait for 8-10 odd months.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 12th May 2011, 16:46   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

@Torquedo, Here's my take on your dilemma

Optra is an excellent car and possibly has a better interior space than the Cruze. And, in its own right, it's still a stonker of a car and can leave quite a few petrol engines huffing and puffing behind. However, since it's almost on its last leg, it wouldnt be too wise to buy one if you can afford a Cruze.

What works for Cruze is :

1. A different, better and more powerful engine which if mildly put is "simply a beast" besides, there is absolutely no harshness to engine It's how they say " Butter Smooth"

2. I personally think it's the best looking car south of a Beemer

3. With new LT getting larger screen-size similar to LTZ and some other important goodies including an all black interior. It's definetly a better looking interior than the past version. Not to mention the funky looking interiors even if the quality ain't Civic type

4. Ride and Handling is excellent and unlike a Civic, you can take speedbreakers at a good speed without bothering about bottoming out. Handling is excellent but, maybe not as good as a Linea, Fiesta S or a vRS. But, with a tyre upgrade, it's almost there.

5. Decent FE, the manual version will easily return 11kmpl in city conditions

You shouldnt go for a Cruze if your :-

1. Stickler for interior quality
2. A non-enthusiastic driver
3. Have a large family with most of them 6-footers
4. Or, a quintessential office-goer who uses his car from A-Z just as transportation

Finally, if you decide to go for a Cruze. Trust me, you will have a mile-wide grin on your face each time you gently tap the accelarator.

Goodluck on your decision !!!
Old 12th May 2011, 17:24   #615
BHPian

1. A different, better and more powerful engine which if mildly put is "simply a beast" besides, there is absolutely no harshness to engine It's how they say " Butter Smooth"

Quick Question: Below is the Power to Weight statistics for some cars/muv. Cruze churns out only 99 bhp per tonne which is even below ANHC for Example. My question is considering the weight of Cruze (1,520 Kg Kerb Weight) don't you think that 150 Bhp will not make a huge difference? What is your opinion on that?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-cruze-q.jpg  

Last edited by bharatbs : 12th May 2011 at 17:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks