Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 15:29   #2056
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Guys!!!
Got seat covers for my Beat today!

They are custom made art leather seat covers by Autoform.
Got them from Jeewajee in Anna Nagar. I had to select the material, colour and design and they got it ready in 2 days. They sure deserve an applaud for their flawless work! Installation was very professional.

All the seats were removed from the car and the cover was even stitched on to the seat at a few places to get the exact fit to the seat contour.
The interiors now have a fresh feel to it! Another good thing that has happened is that I feel the seat height has increased slightly due to the thin padding in the covers.
So i'm finding myself in a better driving position (read better under-thigh support)

Here are a few pics. Taken using phone cam so please excuse the quality
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img2011091300458.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img2011091300459.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img2011091300463.jpg  

Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 19:48   #2057
BHPian

cool..is it art lether?howmuch did you pay?
Old 13th September 2011, 19:56   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
cool..is it art lether?howmuch did you pay?
Thanks white-rabbit! Yes its art leather.. I paid 8.8k including labour
Old 13th September 2011, 22:11   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Guys!!!
They are custom made art leather seat covers by Autoform.
Nice work.
The black - red combination perfectly matches with the color of your car.
BTW how do you compare the heat between the fabric cover and autoform? especially during long drives on a hot day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I am also trying to take some time to upload the stuff I have done for my Beat. List includes, centre arm rest console with storage (DIY), interior dome light 48 LED type (DIY as it would not fit, so had to do some adjustments), the best of all, Smoking my Taillights using Nightshade (DIY), Changing all bulbs wit the headlights to Crystal Vision and the fogs to another brand, which is around 4000k, installed transparent door, bumper, mirror guards all around, extended AUX in port for rear seat use and Tomo Headrests (These are amazing headrests, though a tad bit expensive abd believe it is made by Fouring). Will upload pics soon.
Did you removed the HU for taking out Aux connection? If so, how did you remove it?
Please post pics..

Regarding arm rest, I could find 3 types in ebay - small, medium and big. Please tell us which one among the three you are having and the price.
Is it grey or black?
Old 13th September 2011, 22:18   #2060
BHPian

@Salbin, thank you
I'll be driving down to my hometown this weekend. Will post about heat retention then!
But now with the sunfilm installed (sides, rear and front), I find the cabin much cooler after parking in the open. Its so much better than what it was without any film.
That's why decided to go ahead with art leather
OT: I have ordered my VHT nightshades from the same seller! So the next is smoked tail lamps!

Last edited by Auto freak : 13th September 2011 at 22:22.
Old 14th September 2011, 09:18   #2061
BHPian

As many of you know,had a roller coaster ride with the buy of my Beat..but all that is settled and seems its pouring good times for me..

have got mats,mudflaps,anti rust coating,teflon coat,seat covers,remote lock system,weather guards,door sill plates,OVRMs with indicators-all FREE and genuine accessories from chevrolet.

will upload pics later today..the OVRMs have not arrived yet.
have squared in on veloche alloys and will try to get a pic of it too..
Old 14th September 2011, 11:46   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,This is my odo reading after a fulltank(auto cutoff) and ecu remapping to original settings.I feel something is terribly wrong
After ECU remap [(Performance Improvement (Drivability/Second Gear) Setting] I recorded 15.79 kmpl in 100 % City Driving without AC. I think in your car the Oxygen Sensors are malfunctioning, leading to poor FE. Get the Oxygen Sensors checked at Authorised Service Centre. Service Advisor may not agree with you and will definitely say that there is no problem with any sensor as the engine malfunction light is not glowing. But from my experience I can tell you many a times Engine Malfunction light doesn't glow even when there is fault in oxygen sensor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Guys!!!
Nice Covers, perfectly blending with your car's colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
As many of you know,had a roller coaster ride with the buy of my Beat..but all that is settled and seems its pouring good times for me..

have got mats,mudflaps,anti rust coating,teflon coat,seat covers,remote lock system,weather guards,door sill plates,OVRMs with indicators-all FREE and genuine accessories from chevrolet.

will upload pics later today..the OVRMs have not arrived yet.
have squared in on veloche alloys and will try to get a pic of it too..
Congratulations on your buy and deal. Do post the pictures and detailed review.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 16:15   #2063
BHPian

Hi,Today I noticed that the paint from my car is comming out as tiny spots.Tiny means it is too small to be noticed.I dont have a teflon coating.What could be the reason for this?
Old 14th September 2011, 16:50   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,Today I noticed that the paint from my car is comming out as tiny spots.Tiny means it is too small to be noticed.I dont have a teflon coating.What could be the reason for this?

Which location of the car the dots are present? I have two three dots wherein the paint is off due to stones hitting the car.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:55   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Check out once again. May be the tiny spots are dried-on water spots after the rains.
Old 14th September 2011, 19:40   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Which location of the car the dots are present? I have two three dots wherein the paint is off due to stones hitting the car.
It could be the same reason.When I did a closer look,It was there on the sides of bonet(On the frames) and on the doors etc.I also thought it could be by the tiny stones from dusty road.But when you apply wax,that time it becomes white dots(wax fills in those dots).Do you have a teflon coating?Will it do any help in such situations?
Old 14th September 2011, 19:41   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Check out once again. May be the tiny spots are dried-on water spots after the rains.
They are not dots.Paint is off and metal has been exposed,but minute ones

Last edited by white-rabbit : 14th September 2011 at 19:58.
Old 14th September 2011, 22:56   #2068
BHPian

planning to get the alloys tomorrow,would like to know if its required to get the alignment and wheel balancing done at the shop?they cost 200 and 400 respectively!
also wanted to know if its advisable to go for the nuts(bolts) already present on the steel wheels or use the alloys bolts costing 1600(for 16 nos.)
i was a little weary about the alloy bolts as i have seen rusting in the hollow surface within a year use!

Last edited by ariendj : 14th September 2011 at 23:02.
Old 14th September 2011, 23:12   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It could be the same reason.When I did a closer look,It was there on the sides of bonet(On the frames) and on the doors etc.I also thought it could be by the tiny stones from dusty road.But when you apply wax,that time it becomes white dots(wax fills in those dots).Do you have a teflon coating?Will it do any help in such situations?
As Alstonlobo mentioned, it could be due to small stones flying out from other big vehicles.
Even me too have one small dot on my Beat's bonnet.
Two of my earlier vehicles had windscreen chipping-off due to stones flying from other vehicles.
Recently my friend got a stone hit on the windscreen and there is a chipping of glass. He came to know only when the insurance agent inspected the vehicle during policy renewal and shown him about the chipping!
Our road condition is to be blamed for this

@ariendj:
Balancing is required whenever you change/remove the tyres.
Alignment is not required because your vehicle is brand new and aligned in the factory.
Regarding nuts, functionally it is not required. It is used for appearance purpose only.
Good quality ones will not get rusted very easily. So buy the nuts only if you are convinced with the quality.
Generally when the customers negotiate more on the wheel, the dealers try to compensate that on the nuts!
So be careful..
BTW how much for Veloche alloys?

Last edited by salbin : 14th September 2011 at 23:20. Reason: edit
Old 15th September 2011, 20:46   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Did you removed the HU for taking out Aux connection? If so, how did you remove it?
Please post pics..

Regarding arm rest, I could find 3 types in ebay - small, medium and big. Please tell us which one among the three you are having and the price.
Is it grey or black?
Hey Salbin. Well actually, the aux install was not exactly an install by removing the HU, but getting a 9ft cable. So I have run it, stuck it along the centre console panel, under the mats and routed it to the rear or anywhere in the car. And to avoid the wire from hanging in front of the HU, I basically took it through the gap next to the steering wheel.

As for the arm rest, I took the small one. You an take either, because it is just difference in the size of the storage. I never came across a medium size. Also take care to see that it is universal. There are ones specific to certain cars like Swift, i10 etc. But one thing, installing it on the Beat is a real challenge and takes patience. It is quite hard to screw and secure the front of the clamp, since the seat of the Beat restricts it. You will see

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 15th September 2011 at 20:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks