Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 21:55   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Hi Akshatverma. I will definitely upload the pics in the next few days.

You can get the center console off ebay India. Just get to auto accessories and in the search criteria enter centre arm rest. Then depends on your budget. You can install it yourself as well, but for the Beat it takes a bit of an effort, purely because you need to clamp the arm rest to the floor console, and the drive the nails in the front takes a lot of effort. I will upload pics and it will be easier.

As for the roof bulbs, even this took some time. But you can disconnect the entire light assembly and then you have to put sufficient padding, so the flat part of the led light base, has a place to stick. So, I used double sided tape to create the buffer. Again, I will post pics to make it clearer.

As for Crystal Vision, it is much better than stock bulbs and it has better throw. But if you want real power, it is no match for HIDs or something like Osram's NB+.

First two I got from Ebay India. Crystal Vision from Reliance Autozone or you should be able to get it from any accessory shop. Costs around 900 bucks I believe
Old 20th September 2011, 00:01   #2087
BHPian

@akshatverma1979: The installation of roof LEDs will be easy if the festoon connector is of the correct size.
There are adjustable spring loaded ones available like this and the installation will be just plug and play with it.
Name:  dome led.jpg
Views: 3332
Size:  38.0 KB
I am having a similar one.

Just search for dome light / roof light under auto accessories in ebay.in.. you will get lot of options.
Old 20th September 2011, 01:59   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Hi Akshatverma. I will definitely upload the pics in the next few days.

You can get the center console off ebay India. Just get to auto accessories and in the search criteria enter centre arm rest. Then depends on your budget. You can install it yourself as well, but for the Beat it takes a bit of an effort, purely because you need to clamp the arm rest to the floor console, and the drive the nails in the front takes a lot of effort. I will upload pics and it will be easier.

As for the roof bulbs, even this took some time. But you can disconnect the entire light assembly and then you have to put sufficient padding, so the flat part of the led light base, has a place to stick. So, I used double sided tape to create the buffer. Again, I will post pics to make it clearer.

As for Crystal Vision, it is much better than stock bulbs and it has better throw. But if you want real power, it is no match for HIDs or something like Osram's NB+.

First two I got from Ebay India. Crystal Vision from Reliance Autozone or you should be able to get it from any accessory shop. Costs around 900 bucks I believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@akshatverma1979: The installation of roof LEDs will be easy if the festoon connector is of the correct size.
There are adjustable spring loaded ones available like this and the installation will be just plug and play with it.
Attachment 612116
I am having a similar one.

Just search for dome light / roof light under auto accessories in ebay.in.. you will get lot of options.

Thats what i love about this site. Help is always just a few minutes away. Thanks for the help guys, will wait for the photographs of installed centre armrest before going for it. The interior light i'll get done sooner.

Another couple of topics/help needed guys, My Beat has been making that stupid , el-cheapo fan belt noise that used to be trademark of old indicas. Started around 17000 kms on the odo , and only in reverse gear. Its 19000 kms now, couldnt go to the service centre as its too far and i dont have the time. Did talk to the service advisor and he didnt seem surprised. So, is this a problem common with the initial batch of BEATs?
Another problem is the ride quality. I feel its become very bouncy {so does my wife} and also i feel each and every road roughness/potholes on my steering. i drove a friends wagon r recently,and the steering vibrations/shaking were significantly lesser in comparison. I was just wondering whether this steering "feedback" is normal for a beat, or should i get it checked. The bouncy ride i'm getting checked anyways.
Old 20th September 2011, 02:04   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
The Beat LT accesoried !!

the biggest shocker was the mileage:13.95km/L with 100% ac and 100% city driving
no more regrets buying the petrol and im sure il be getting better figures after first service!
Ah! Boy thats a good figure! In our petrol figo we get only 8-9 in the city with 100% ac.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:56   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys I covered 349 km for 28L petrol in bangalore traffic(FE = 12.46km/l) with 85% AC.Do you think this figures are ok?
For city traffic with 85% AC figures are quite OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I have driven for 650 Kms since last full tank with 2 bars yet to go. Expecting a mileage of 20 this time. This time, AC was very rarely used, but the windows were not fully up. 5 people on board
You are really getting very good FE and I am sure its just because of your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
initial setup of 8led drl..long ay to go
Looking nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
The Beat LT accesoried !!

the biggest shocker was the mileage:13.95km/L with 100% ac and 100% city driving
no more regrets buying the petrol and im sure il be getting better figures after first service!
Alloys are perfectly bending with the car, nice choice. Great FE too and will certainly improve as you put more kilometres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Another couple of topics/help needed guys, My Beat has been making that stupid , el-cheapo fan belt noise that used to be trademark of old indicas. .
During rainy season if the belt becomes wet it will not make proper contact with the pulley and can cause noise. Also a worn belt tensioner can lead to a loose belt which also can cause noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
I was just wondering whether this steering "feedback" is normal for a beat, or should i get it checked. The bouncy ride i'm getting checked anyways.
The problem is due to the excessive back pressure of the power steering hydraulic fluid. Report the problem at ASC. They will replace the power steering hose set with the one which comes with a muffler to compensate/reduce the pressure. GM is providing this set under warranty. You need not to pay for the set as well as labour.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:05   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Done.. I will update it once its fitted. By the way, i took some night snaps of my dlrs. Please have a look...
Awesome! They look smashing on your Black beat!!
Just noticed you have also installed ORVMs with turn indicators. Is it the GM genuine accessory?
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:43   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Awesome! They look smashing on your Black beat!!
Just noticed you have also installed ORVMs with turn indicators. Is it the GM genuine accessory?
I have seen those at GM showrooms.

Last edited by white-rabbit : 22nd September 2011 at 16:44.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:05   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
i have ordered for the same from GM and awaiting.
cost 2500 including painting and labor charges for both sides.
its a clip on accessory.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:06   #2094
BHPian

Just came across this in youtube - Scissor Doors for Beat!!
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:07   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Guys. Have a quick questions on my insurance policy. The inital IDV on the car was around 3,99,610. This year I find that the IDV is 3,36,000. Policy is with ICICI Lombard. Can any of you guys shed some light on this and when you renewed did your IDV also come down to the similar level. I thought it would be in the range of 3,50,000. Need this info asap, as I have to renew my policy in a day. If the IDV for some of you guys are higher, then I will speak to ICICI. Also, Baja Allianz has been offering me same for 350000.

Note to Mods: PLease dont shift this to the insurance thread as this query will get lost there and this is a question specific to Beat owners. On this thread, I can get a faster response
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:37   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Guys. Have a quick questions on my insurance policy. The inital IDV on the car was around 3,99,610. This year I find that the IDV is 3,36,000. Policy is with ICICI Lombard. Can any of you guys shed some light on this and when you renewed did your IDV also come down to the similar level. I thought it would be in the range of 3,50,000. Need this info asap, as I have to renew my policy in a day. If the IDV for some of you guys are higher, then I will speak to ICICI. Also, Baja Allianz has been offering me same for 350000.
Mine is Reliance Insurance. IDV is 3.46L. Taken through Kropex.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:18   #2097
BHPian

Quote:

Note to Mods: PLease dont shift this to the insurance thread as this query will get lost there and this is a question specific to Beat owners. On this thread, I can get a faster response
I recently renewed my insurance.The IDV given by default was 346000.I insisted for 372000.Finally after a lot of R&D I purchased it directly from Bajaj alliance(0 dep) for 13500 aprox.for IDV of 3,7200
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:51   #2098
BHPian

Quote:

I recently got my insurance renewed, previously it was with Bajaj Allianz and it was 3,27,000. Now I have renewed it with New India Insurance, the present IDV is 3,00,000 I guess (maye be + or - Rs.1000). Mine is a LS model.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:56   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
This year I find that the IDV is 3,36,000. Policy is with ICICI Lombard. Can any of you guys shed some light on this and when you renewed did your IDV also come down to the similar level.
Usually IDV in the first year would be 20% of the cars ex-show room price, so it will vary from place to place. Mine is United India Insurance IDV is 328000.
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:04   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Just came across this in Youtube - Scissor Doors for Beat!!
I think getting in and out would be tedious in Beat with scissor doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks